Barr-Nunn Transportation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Rene Beacom

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to drive for"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Artemas, PA
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Artemas, PA

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of miles. Great home time. One of the highest paying companies in the industry

Cons

No real cons at this company

"Fair Pay, good equipment,"

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time

Pros

The pay and benefits are great. Opportunity for bonus is there. They do seem to care and seem to listen when a driver voices a concern. Fix things when they need to be fixed. Excellent shop staff.

Cons

Seems to be some turn over in the team leader/dispatcher positions. Miles have dropped while they say freight is up was averaging over 2500 miles per week last couple weeks have been sub 2k. This is after almost 8 months. Some long waits between loads, 13+ hours as much as 24 hours between loads.

Advice to Management

If freight is up don't have the drivers sitting for so long between loads. There must be loads closer together. Look at the drivers hours and see if they can run more miles or not. Electronic logs make it easy to see what a driver has left for time if they have enough time to get under another load. Don't have the truck sitting and idling if it is cold the trucks are going to idle keep those of us moving that want to move.

"I love Barr-Nunn"

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time

Pros

1. The way Barr-nunn treats their drivers. 2. The pay. 3. We always get miles. 4. Working for Barr-Nunn is so much more relaxing then at the last trucking company I worked for. They treat us like adults and do not bother us unless they need to. 5. We are home a lot more. Overall working for Barr-Nunn has been a pleasant experience. Even with the few cons I listed it still is worth it for the pay and the miles.

Cons

1. Out of all the employees we have dealt with only two have had attitudes. So maybe this should be a pro. 2. The terminals are dirty. Except for the main one in Granger of course. 3. Have to bring an empty home all the time. A little stressful if we have no where to park it. 4. When being hired you have to supply W-2's for previous jobs that have nothing to do with the trucking industry and every single month has to be accounted for the previous three years. Did not know this until we were at orientation and it could have prevented us from being hired. I think that's a little ridiculous.

4. "A very good company to drive for."

Current Employee - Truck Driver in De Leon Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in De Leon Springs, FL

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is great, love my home time, maintenance on equipment is all kept up, everyone's real supportive

Cons

I can say that I don't have anything negative to say

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

5. "Driver over the road"

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent paid and excellent Human Resources

Cons

Nothing in this moment, excellent company

6. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fantastic pay package, treated very well by office personnel, and a great customer base to work with. I like that it’s a hassle free company to work for....prepass and a good safety rating so you hardly ever have to enter weigh stations, also ez-pass so no out of pocket expenses. Excellent home time. And a variety of driving opportunities to fit your time on the road schedule ( home every weekend, out 3 weeks, home every other weekend). You can pick the plan you like

Cons

Sometimes it would be nice to have some freight that isn’t direct transit ( time sensitive). I think that would make it easier to get drivers home when they request hometime. Maybe some longer length of haul runs too

Advice to Management

See cons...and maybe start reimbursement of parking fees

7. "Class A Commercial Driver with HazMat endorsment"

Current Employee - Ohio Hometime Fleet in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Ohio Hometime Fleet in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay scale is one of the better paying trucking companies. The equipment is replaced on a regular basis 500,000 miles or less. Allow drivers to get home on a regular basis.

Cons

Truck driving isn't especially easy. If you stick with driving you will probably have to accept long wait times between loads. We need to be more patient than most.

Advice to Management

Invest more in the South East Region. You need to live there in order to be there in a profitable way. More Sales Reps.,Load Planners, and Team Leaders.

8. "Driver"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay,good equippment ,professional and keeps safety lst

Cons

Sometimes there are long waits betwwen loads

Advice to Management

Keep up the work snd dont fix something thats not broke

9. "driver"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Creston, OH
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Creston, OH

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

they are up front and honest people

Cons

it is a trucking company you don't always get home when you want

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

10. "Driver"

Current Employee - Driver in U-No, NC
    Current Employee - Driver in U-No, NC

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They treat everyone with respect.

Cons

They don't offer disability insurance.

Advice to Management

Check for better insurance for employees