Barra & Associates Reviews

4.9
Barra & Associates Managing Partner Grant Barra
Grant Barra

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Management has always been forthright and honest in everything they have presented and given to help their agents grow.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 6 reviews)
  • "for my first 3 months I had a top manager that truly cared about me and my success and development.(in 3 reviews)
  • "The culture is awesome and I work with great people.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Really great training.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "With great freedom comes great responsibility, procrastinators will have a hard time here.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great people, outstanding environment and culture.

Apr 25, 2022 - Insurance Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, outstanding environment and culture. Opportunities to make a lot of money in sales or more functional roles in other departments.

Cons

The hours can be long and exhausting. There are moments when you question if the money in the beginning is worth the long hours, make it through your first year and you will be very happy.

2. 5.0

Agent

Feb 18, 2022 - Insurance Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work remote but find it very easy to work with the home office virtually.

Cons

Would prefer to be in the home office and play off the energy.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent high performance no excuses culture.

Feb 7, 2022 - Insurance Sales Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are surrounded by people looking to lift you up so you can succeed at your maximum potential.

Cons

This culture will not support procrastinators.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Recommendations

Jan 28, 2022 - Senior Consultant in Itasca, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

No benefits to company employees

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Agency Owner

Jan 27, 2022 - Agency Owner
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most cost effective way to start an agency. The company is so driven by technology that with time they may be referred to as an InsureTech company. I can not imagine you can get better support and technology anywhere else.

Cons

They have made good on commitments and helped me through any issues I have experienced, for that reason I do not have any cons. You will have troubles everywhere, my experience is they will hold your hand if needed.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Opportunity and Experience

Jan 25, 2022 - Broker in Schaumburg, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You meet wonderful people and are given a tremendous opportunity, especially if you show that you’re trying. Very helpful management. Free leads, the quality is another discussion, but an opportunity nonetheless. I gained tremendous experience during my time here. They want you to succeed, you have to want it for yourself more.

Cons

Definitely not an easy gig. In theory, it’s simple. In practice, it takes a lot of time to learn everything you need to know. You have to put time into building your own pipeline. You are essentially a business owner. 100% commission position.

Continue reading
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The people at Barra are the reason I succeeded.

Jan 3, 2022 - Insurance Agent in Schaumburg, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is entirely A-players that want to work hard and win. I had people behind me and supporting me every step of the way - for my first 3 months I had a top manager that truly cared about me and my success and development. The people I work with are some of my best friends and I genuinely love coming to work every day.

Cons

This job takes grit and hustle and you have to have a strong mindset to get through the lows that are inevitable in any sales role. You have to be a people person because our whole business is around building relationships. If you are open to coaching - the coaches will get there. It takes zero experience. If you are willing to never give up and take the coaching you receive, you cannot fail at Barra.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Unlimited opportunities for a driven person.

Dec 7, 2021 - Insurance Agent in Decatur, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The job is totally up to you and your goals. If you want to be in charge of your own income get good training lots of help and opportunities it is a great fit.

Cons

People that are negative are pushed out of the company quickly.

9. 5.0

Insurance Agent

Nov 4, 2021 - Insurance Agent in Schaumburg, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Been an insurance agent for a long time, the managers are very hands on and will help as long as your putting in the work, if you want a career as an agent or want to own an agency you are most likely to succeed here with the support you are given.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Agent @ Barra.

Oct 7, 2021 - Agent in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

As an agent at Barra, I feel supported and know that there is plenty of support if and when I need guidance. I appreciate that there is longevity, it shows that the company is doing something right. The culture is awesome and I work with great people.

Cons

A lot to learn, though I realize I can not learn everything and have access to resources to answer any questions I do not know.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 78 Reviews

Barra & Associates Reviews FAQs

Barra & Associates has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 82 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at Barra & Associates to a friend and 93% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Barra & Associates employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Barra & Associates. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

100% of Barra & Associates employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Barra & Associates 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Barra & Associates to be benefits, management, career development and the cons to be workplace .

Popular Careers with Barra & Associates Job Seekers