Barry Callebaut Reviews

3.4
Barry Callebaut CEO Antoine de Saint-Affrique
Antoine de Saint-Affrique
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours, and being sent home early some nights(in 10 reviews)

• "Recognizing that your employees are the most important asset of your company and thus offer a better work/life balance would be an improvement(in 9 reviews)

"Love working for Chocolate!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Barry Callebaut full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A fast growing company and a place where you can have a big impact on the business - no matter your job. Positive culture and strong values. Plus, lots and lots of chocolate.

Cons

There is a lot of work due to the fast growth. If you enjoy a challenge, you will enjoy the ride.

Continue reading
  2. "Has a lot of potential to be a great place to work"

Former Employee - Import/Export Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Barry Callebaut full-time for less than a year

Pros

The top pro was the pay. The friday treats were always a good touch The option to work from home during the week Great Benefits Package Various discounts that were available for working at this company Being able to travel

Cons

Workload was ridiculous You get paid salary so you will not get OT pay and because of the workload you can end up working 70 hrs Out of date systems. Two many unnecessary moving parts work life balance

"workload is insane"

1.0
    Former Employee - Logistics in Chicago, IL

I worked at Barry Callebaut full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Discounted expired chocolate and friday sweets

Cons

Heavy workload, disorganized, management make you work weekends for free because business required. Can not take holidays off because some of the warehouse are open. Can not take lunch break due to heavy workload.

Continue reading

"Fast growing/good products/HR & Talent Management needs to be strengthened."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belgium, WI

I worked at Barry Callebaut part-time for more than a year

Pros

-fast growing company with very entrepreneurial mindset providing lots of opportunities for growth if you just know how to grab them. -very warm and nice colleagues -flat hierarchy and you can talk to top managers with your opinions and suggestions -products are good and interesting; always on top of innovation

Cons

-overall HR and talentmanagement needs improvement -talents leave because of the lack of appreciation for internal talents -some senior managers are micromanagers which becomes demotivating for high performes. -career opportunities are normally available to go getters. Every promotion or change in position needs to be applied for which is understandable in general but demotivating for some.

Continue reading
  5. "Slow to promote, but good opportunities if willing to stick it out"

Former Employee - R&D Technologist in Pennsauken, NJ

I worked at Barry Callebaut full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities for growth. Mid-range salary and benefits.

Cons

Slow to promote younger people, but if willing to wait it out the company can offer lots of great opportunities for experience and travel

October 31, 2019

Your feedback is valuable to us! We appreciate you sharing your insight. Here at Barry Callebaut, we strive to provide our employees with competitive salaries, benefits, and ample opportunities to work toward career growth. We wish you the best of luck in your new role!

"Great company with lots of opportunity!"

Current Employee - Talent Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Barry Callebaut full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a great company for someone looking to grow their career. Barry Callebaut invests in their talent and if an employees is dedicated, hardworking and willing to invest in themselves, the sky is the limit! Fun and engaging culture. International company that offers several avenues to give back to the community (both local and globally) through charitable, fundraising and volunteer events.

Cons

Similar to any other company, you will get busy from time to time. Employees who are able to multi-task and prioritize will do great here!

October 31, 2019

Thank you for stopping by to share more about your experience with Barry Callebaut! We aim to please and welcome any and all feedback.We wish you much success in the years to come at BC!

7. "My Dream Company"

Current Employee - Chocolate Academy Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Barry Callebaut full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, outstanding product and innovative brand!

Cons

No Cons to speak of

October 31, 2019

Welcome to BC! We're glad that you're here!We encourage you to continue sharing your feedback with us as you grow your career with BC.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Pennsauken, NJ

I have been working at Barry Callebaut full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay,12 hours shift,smell of chocolate,clean facility,stay busy

Cons

Work long hours, union staff,not enough staff for the heavy work load,older staff,

October 31, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your advice to our management team and will continue to work on improving our communication, transparency, and overall engagement throughout the organization.

9. "Great paying job for the area that only requires a high school diploma."

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Robinson, IL

I worked at Barry Callebaut full-time for more than a year

Pros

Three 12hr shifts and one 6 hour shift. That means 3 1/2 days off a week.

Cons

If you aren't willing to earn your paycheck don't bother. You need to show up on time every day you're scheduled and work hard. I say this because the only con was retaining temps. Their starting pay was decent but not great. When you prove yourself and an operator slot opened up, you were looking at a huge pay increase.

10. "Operator"

2.0
    Former Employee - Operator in Pennsauken, NJ

I worked at Barry Callebaut full-time

Pros

Its union so the pay is ok. Alot of overtime so the money is there. Alot of the employees are old so advancement is there

Cons

Its hot as hell management is clueless. Be prepared to be get go for the smallest thing.

Found 113 reviews