Bart & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Kion Yap

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "B&A"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Bart & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly and welcoming atmosphere at B&A's Headquarters; motivating team with collaborative attitudes; opportunities to learn and develop new skills; ensures employees feel appreciated and valued; monthly social gatherings which include birthday celebrations and team lunches.

Cons

none at this time.

Advice to Management

Across the board I think management is great.

2. "Large Small Company Still Room To Grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Bart & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family Atmosphere, Location, Improved Employee Engagement

Cons

Young and inexperienced upper management
    Nepotism has caused hiring to be biased
    Extremely Cliquish
    Favoritism
    Dwindling Business
    Slow to take advice of frontline staff
    Constant Turnover as of lately
    Lack of vision to grow future business
    Revenue streams are not diverse

Advice to Management

New Leadership is truly needed and without such the company will ultimately fail
    Stop making the company Cliquish, its ruining employee morale

3. "SR IT Specialist"

Former Employee - IT Senior Specialist in Lorton, VA
    Former Employee - IT Senior Specialist in Lorton, VA

I worked at Bart & Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company has great health care, good vacation and other benefits make this a great company. Management is always very approachable and they keep the employee's notified of the latest company news. Bart has a small company vibe and they care about their employees.

Cons

None come to mind now.

Advice to Management

None

4. "Great Company and Environment - Looking forward to a long successful journey at B&A"

Current Employee - Vice President, Strategy and Business Development in McLean, VA

I have been working at Bart & Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

I've known the leadership at Bart & Associates for nearly 10 years and have engaged with them on numerous business development opportunities. I joined the company 7 months ago and could not be happier with my decision. I have received all the support I need to be successful in my role. I have easy and direct access to leadership and they make decisions quickly. They also appreciate feedback and insight to align us for strategic growth. I've enjoyed working with staff that continually impress me with their knowledge but also know that work should be fun and enjoyable.

I've found a very important work-life balance since joining the company. But, as with any company, we all know when it is an "all hands on deck" situation and we dig in as a team under pressure and deadlines. You are never left to fight a battle alone.

I look forward to a long career with B&A helping to grow the company and continually improve upon our offerings.

Cons

I have experienced no cons during my employment at B&A

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and especially the great communication lines that have been established across the company.

5. "Great opportunity and environment"

I have been working at Bart & Associates full-time

Pros

I really enjoy working at Bart & Associates. Management enables employees to become an integral part of the team and help shape and grow the business. They smartly focus on finding people that have the skills and ability to succeed, and then provide them the opportunity to grow and develop with increasing responsibility. I feel like I have an opportunity to impact the business and it’s great to work alongside a group of talented and motivated individuals that care about the company, each other and our clients.

Cons

From a HQ perspective, it is a relatively flat organization so there are limited management positions at corporate (not applicable to projects).

Advice to Management

Continue to seek out talented employees that want to help drive the company forward.

6. "Project Team lead"

I worked at Bart & Associates full-time

Pros

Good execution and task completion, although this is primarily attributable to the caliber of personnel working the contracts and not management.

Cons

Middle management, the folks who work on-site managing customers' contracts on a daily basis, exhibit some of the worst work habits ever. Examples: robbing one project of its personnel in order to staff another contract or task; sleight-of-hand in carving up project tasks so it looks like everything's on time and nothing is late; and not a word from our portfolio manager who just seemingly sat back and did very little or nothing.

7. "Great opportunities for advancement"

Former Employee - Corporate Staff in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Corporate Staff in McLean, VA

Pros

Working at B&A was a great stepping stone for my career. The company provided me with the opportunity to be involved in many areas of the organization, which helped me learn multiple aspects of the business. This was an amazing foundation to build my career. Management invests in their employees and was extremely supportive, allowing me to advance with increased responsibilities. While I have since moved on, I would recommend B&A to anyone looking for a performance driven career opportunity.

Cons

While there are a range of positions for project staff, there are limited middle management positions at corporate.

Advice to Management

The company should promote what it does for volunteering within the local community.

8. "Great Software Development Company"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Springfield, VA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Springfield, VA

I have been working at Bart & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love working for Bart. I have been at the company for 14 years, and it seems like just yesterday I started, which to me is a positive. They treat their employees very well. I have had very little complaints over my time as a contractor working at a government client site outside of Washington D.C. The management team is great. HR always responds to any issues or questions. My current batch of co-workers are fun people to work with. The pay is very competitive and they are always receptive to Training Requests and have helped me further my career.

Cons

none that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to assist folks with furthering their careers.

9. "Great company to work for with strong values and a positive work environment"

Current Employee - Project Manager/Tech Developer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Project Manager/Tech Developer in Washington, DC

Pros

I have been working at Bart & Associates for several years now. Coming from another larger IT consulting company and now working for Bart & Associates (a mid-sized company), I think the company offers the best of both worlds. Bart & Associates is a company that values innovation and new ways of doing business, yet they preserve some of the old ways of doing business that makes an employee feel valued and not just like another number in the company's headcount.

The pay is also fair and competitive.

Cons

No Cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue staying involved and keeping the best interest of your employees at heart.

10. "Stay away if you value your career path"

Former Employee - Developer in Tysons Corner, VA
    Former Employee - Developer in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at Bart & Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It has been a company that has been around for years. They have a lot of older applications that are constantly being updated with new features. Some written well, some not, but nothing too complicated. Most people are friendly, but really there's nothing else good to say. I'm struggling just to fill this box.

Cons

Current management is ethically and intellectually challenged.You ask for training to better yourself- they say they will provide it to you and they don’t. They say they are ideas driven, but if you present an idea- not only are you immediately shot down you are labeled a “problem child”. With the change in upper management, things have gone down hill. Promises are made to several people, even in writing and not followed through. They show zero compassion for their employee's interests or concerns. If you voice your opinion on something or tell them something they weren't aware of, regardless of the context, they will use this against you and you will be viewed as a problem. Upper management causes issues with and infuriates their clients on a regular basis and passes the blame onto their employees. Ironically enough, they only care about money, yet make decisions that hurt their bottom line and more importantly, permanently tarnish their relationships with clients. This is why they lose contracts. It doesn't matter if the client is old or new. For some clients, it has come to the point where they had no choice but to move on to a competitor. The members of upper management will quickly turn down any request for additional training to strengthen your skills, so don't even try. You receive absolutely no training whatsoever to even do the job you are assigned. This inevitably leads to performance issues down the road, no matter how skilled the employee. Aside from contracted developers (especially if you are liked by upper management), everyone else's salary is laughable. It's not about the money, but you cannot ignore that fact. It has been said by many that this company will no longer exist in the next couple years. If the same people remain in charge, this will be a reality. Do yourself a favor and don't put yourself in a situation where you are looking for a new job because of individuals who do not know how to run a company. They claim they do- but they will NOT grow.

Advice to Management

Bring it back to the days where you cared about your employees. Where management followed through and it wasnt a popularity contest.