Bartech Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bartech CEO David W. Barfield
David W. Barfield

Pros
  • Chill atmosphere and work from home schedule makes life less stressful (in 10 reviews)

• They take work life balance very seriously (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There were no Cons, as I knew I was accepting temporary assignments when working with this company (in 4 reviews)

• To many shifts in upper management in such a short time period (in 4 reviews)

"After Getting a Position Bartech is not existent"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in East Hanover, NJ
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in East Hanover, NJ

I worked at Bartech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any. I worked for a paycheck that was it.

Cons

My rep was supposed to call once a month and see how things were going, if there were any issues. I never had any issues as I have a little over 30 years experience as an EA. But never heard from them. When the assignment was coming to an end (2 months prior) I contacted the person who had found me the position. She got back to me in about 2 weeks indicating they did not work with that company any more but would look for something else for me. Never heard from her. This was the first time in a 32 year career that I had to do contract work. It was not a good experience.

Advice to Management

Some training for your reps to keep in touch with contractors in the field.

2. "Shameful treatment of contract workers"

Current Contractor - WC Claims Representative in Dearborn, MI
    Current Contractor - WC Claims Representative in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Bartech as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Weekly paycheck, weekly paycheck, weekly paycheck, weekly paycheck, weekly paycheck, weekly paycheck, weekly paycheck, weekly paycheck, weekly paycheck, weekly paycheck.

Cons

As of Jan 1, 2017 my group will lose short term disability, life and dependent life insurance. No pay raise in almost 3 years, no communication from management, poor employee morale. Bartech Group had no plans to let us know that they are eliminating the aforementioned benefits. Had a few people not paid attention during open enrollment we would have never known. We service a very big 3 automotive client and I'm sure they'd be ashamed to know that they are in business with a firm that treats their workers so badly.

"Remote programmer at verizon wireless"

Former Employee - Remote Javascript Developer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Remote Javascript Developer in Bellevue, WA

Pros

- Learned a lot
    - Remote work

Cons

- Worked here as a contractor. Noone helps with the effort of the learning album, contractors are left to do all the work. Everyone else mostly watches you work.

Advice to Management

Why would anyone want to build you a better product with no hopes of full time employment

5. "Network Engineer"

Former Contractor - Network Engineer in Ashburn, VA
    Former Contractor - Network Engineer in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Bartech as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great position was a good learning experience.

Cons

Working for Verizon, poor planning, and management, lack of leadership.

Advice to Management

GET PROFESSIONAL TRAINING!

"not worth it"

Former Employee - Content Editor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Content Editor in Houston, TX

Pros

Well... it would have been a nice contract position...

Cons

They did such a data mining number on me that I threatened to call the sheriff's department. They do this because they are way out of state. In Texas, nobody needs anything more than the Social Security number and Driver's license.
    I worked for the client company (Phillips 66) for one month as part of a team... it was supposed to have been for 90 days. Turns out the group was ahead of schedule so they let me and others go. The so-called "contract" has no meaning... they take no responsibility for their actions. No accountability whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Get some ethics.

"Not employee friendly"

Former Employee - Personal Benefits Representative in Allen Park, MI
    Former Employee - Personal Benefits Representative in Allen Park, MI

Pros

You get paid weekly and my assignment was close to home.

Cons

Not employee friendly, does not consider personal life, or offer personal growth opportunities.

8. "Poor response. Company personnel never call back"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Bartech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The person at Bartech called me once for a position but never followed up.

Cons

None of the personnel call you back. I even called the head office to inquire about the job and was transferred to another recruiter who was responsible for supplying personnel at Verizon. Neither the new recruiter nor the previous one ever called back, despite leaving 4 phone messages. Most recruiting companies are only allowed to submit 2 candidates for a position. When they fill these spots, the recruiter will not call you back, especially this one. Bartech fears you will compete, therefore ignores you. Were Bartech to tell you outright, you might go with another agency. This agency lies when it says the hiring company has set a range on how much it will pay. Actually, the hiring company sets an upper limit for the position. Recruiting agencies factor this into what they are willing to pay. Be upfront and truthful.

Advice to Management

Need to pay more attention to "customers" otherwise people will find other recruiting agencies to fill the same position.

"If Bartech wants to hire you...Beware!"

Former Employee - Staffing Delivery Coordinator in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Staffing Delivery Coordinator in Southfield, MI

Pros

Good salary and ok benefits. The clients and other vendors are very kind. Met some great people, and maintain friendships with them. Good job to build a professional network.

Cons

This is really sad for me to say. When I started with Bartech I had high hopes, but on my first day those hopes were dashed.

Terrible environment, constant feelings of oppression by management. Too much management (too many layers) but no support when it comes to problems. Management spends too much time focusing on the negative and not acknowledging things that employees do well. Some managers are too overbearing and that interferes with the ability of the workers to do their jobs for fear of upsetting the manager. There is a lot of pressure to violate contracts and send business to the sister companies. Penalization of workers who have families and subsequent family issues (ill parents/children). Work/life balance is discouraged among the workers. Very long hours are expected, even when work volumn is low. Obtaining additional education or training is discouraged. No room for advancement within the company.

There is a very high school mentality among some members of the management team (gossiping, brown nosing, rude behaviour, shunning those employees that have a work ethic and want to succeed), often the bad behaviour would take place infront of subordinates making the subordinates uncomfortable. Often subordinates are treated like children, as though they have no ability to think independently, and if an subordinate resolves a problem to the client's satisfaction without management's help the subordinate is criticized.

No sick time. Only 1 week of vacation (5 days vac, 1 personal day 1 floating holiday) per year for the first 2 years you are employed with Bartech "no exceptions" (unless you are friends with a VP then you get extra time off).

Advice to Management

Employee recognition would go a long way. The senior managers spend time acknowledging the middle managers, but the employees get no recognition when a job is done well.

More training on how to manage people for management at all levels would be beneficial. They need to learn how to treat subordinates, and how to communicate effectively without threats or criticism.

"Working Contract for Bartech"

Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant
    Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Bartech as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE, this company is truly awful!!!

Cons

EVERYTHING. This "Bartech" company was the worst experience I've ever had beginning a job and onboarding. They literally took a month to process all my paperwork before starting my first day. Whenever they needed something done, they send you a rude email and expect it to be completed within the next day regardless of your current schedule. I would email them about any problems I had with my paperwork with no response for several days. Then I get an email saying, WHY have you not turned in the paperwork?" Like HELLO...I emailed you about my issue several days day!! My recruiter also advised me that they had lost some of my paperwork in the process. They also did not explain how and when to submit my timesheet, schedule, or any benefits I had. I literally had to do all the work and investigate all of this information myself. When calling to see if I had benefits or filing my W2 form, the lady would just say hmmm...someone should have reached out to you when you first started which was TWO WEEKS AGO...

I think the shadiest part was that they didn't even fully tell me that I was a contingent/part time worker. Here I am thinking I got a full time position with the company that uses Bartech but instead, I'm actually only on assignment for three months and under Bartech.....

Advice to Management

Train your workers to be polite and efficient....I literally feel like it's a tiny office with two small people working and losing all paperwork and ignoring any incoming emails...

"Very Unprofessional"

I worked at Bartech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the insurance choices were satisfactory, and the ability to bank up your vacation hours without having to use them up by year's end were good.

Cons

Was contractor for this company. They were non-existent when it came to visiting the site to see you in person on a quarterly basis (there were many working there as contractors at this site). They are very bad with communication, their knowledge as reps was less than acceptable, and there is no way that I will ever work for them as a contractor again as professionalism on certain levels of the company itself is deplorable.

Advice to Management

Find another contracting company to use than Bartech.