Bartech Staffing Technical Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 3 Apr 2019

3.5
Bartech Staffing CEO David W. Barfield
David W. Barfield

"10 years and counting..."

Current Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Bartech Staffing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Every year is better than the one before. Processes are always improving. Bartech is an enjoyable place to work every day.

Cons

Processes are always improving.

Bartech Staffing2018-02-22
  2. "Bartech is a corporate machine that doesn’t care about and has no loyalty to its employees"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I worked at Bartech Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Vacation Health benefits-expensive, but good coverage

Cons

Disloyal No advancement Extreme metrics Micromanagement Only cares about making money Plays favorites No loyalty Will fire you for no reason

Advice to Management

Realize that your employees are more than just pawns in a money machine

Bartech Staffing2019-04-04

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Bartech Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility to work from home, giving you a good work/life balance A management team that is focused on fixing any issues that arise and making the daily operations run as smoothly as possible Opportunity to branch out and work on different projects An excellent support team that aid in the recruiting process, such as posting jobs on sites like CareerBuilder and helping in the onboarding process as well as... answering questions from current employees.

Cons

The industry contains a lot of ups and downs and requires focus and attention to detail as things can get hectic from time to time

Advice to Management

Continue to build on the family friendly culture and environment that has been established in the past. Bartech is a great place to work

Bartech Staffing2018-02-19

"Technical Recruiter"

Technical Recruiter

I worked at Bartech Staffing

Pros

Flexible work schedule, work from home option.

Cons

Management played favorites when giving "free" hires to recruiters. Which makes hitting your goals meaningless if the "free" hires count. No promotion from within. A large divide between employees and management. No phone allowance for recruiters.

Bartech Staffing2016-03-31

"Great Environment!!!"

I have been working at Bartech Staffing full-time

Pros

Flexible work environment (Work from Home Part-time) - Bartech cares about employees work/life balance Competitive Compensation Packages- vacation/holiday/medical/bonus/commission Friendly and helpful co-workers Beautiful work environment Company celebrates their employee’s successes

Cons

They are some impovements need in the on-boarding process.

Bartech Staffing2014-10-15

"This is the first organization I have been a part of where everyone is happy every day!"

I have been working at Bartech Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very organized and welcoming from the very first day I arrived. By the end of my first week here I was very comfortable with what I was doing. I absolutely love my team and my supervisor is phenominal and so easy to work with! The environment here is very upbeat and having a part-time "work from home" environment was key for me. They take work life balance very seriously. You are treated like a professional and... help is always readily available.

Cons

I have no cons to mention.

Bartech Staffing2014-05-08

"Fantastic place to work!!!!!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bartech Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been doing IT recruiting for almost 5 years now with a few different companies and Bartech Group blows them all out of the water!!! Competitive salary and a very generous commission package are just a few of the pros to consider when you look at Bartech. The main piece that gravitated me to Bartech over a few other offers I was considering at the time is that they genuinely care about their employees and... give us EVERYTHING we need to succeed, whether you work remote from a home office, like myself, or in the corporate headquarters in Southfield, MI. If this is not enough to make you look twice, Bartech also has the BEST health insurance benefits that I have ever had! I wish I had found Bartech five years ago and I am thrilled to be here now!!

Cons

I have been working for Bartech for two months now and can't really think of any cons so far. Should that change, I will make sure to note that on here.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to keep up the great work and keep on doing what you are doing, because you are doing it right.

Bartech Staffing2014-02-24
  8. "Great company...amazing people...Tough work"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bingham Farms, MI

I have been working at Bartech Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Barfields are a great family to work for. David is often seen in and around the office and is always asking for opinions and new ideas and he takes them to heart! Senior management is always willing to work with you and is there to listen to you ideas/thoughts/opinions! The individuals are great coworkers to work with...it really is like a family. There are events through out the year that promote work/home... life balance and allow you to bring you family to the events such as the summer cook-out.

Cons

As a recruiter the accounts you work are some of the harder accounts in the industry. Often jobs are near impossible to fill but you have goals that must be met. Long hours are required and the day is never as simple as a 8-5. The base pay is also on the low end but there is the possibilty to make a lot but the time required is a huge sacrifice.

Advice to Management

Try to increase the number of accounts we are currently working.

Bartech Staffing2012-12-04
  9. "Great, friendly work environment"

I have been working at Bartech Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

A very fast pace environment. You make the most out of your opportunity. It's up to you on how well you will perform in this industry.

Cons

The accounts can sometimes be tough. There will be times when you can't fill a job due to a location or certain job requirements that are very hard to meet.

Bartech Staffing2012-10-24
  10. "Working for Bartech is a fulfilling and exciting job."

Technical Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Bartech Staffing

Pros

An amazing opportunity for financial growth if you are a real "go getter". Ability to manage your own desk with the full support of management and account representatives. Great company with a great history and reputation. Love the leadership here, they are very thoughtful and willing to take critisism.

Cons

Lots of process changes coming from upper management. It seems like the level of preparedness is not up to par. Reactive. Decisions about processes are not well thought out and in delivery do not come naturally. Not enough "brainstorming" amongst teams and the idea of best practices is not utilized enough.

Bartech Staffing2010-12-17