Bartech Staffing "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Bartech Staffing Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 30, 2019

3.3
Bartech Staffing CEO David W. Barfield
David W. Barfield
Pros
  • "Flexibility to work from home, giving you the work/life balance you need(in 21 reviews)

• "Flexibility to work from home, giving you a good work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "There were no Cons, as I knew I was accepting temporary assignments when working with this company(in 6 reviews)

• "No employee development, no career planning, no training, no 401k match, no tuition reimbursement, salary and benefits are mediocre(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Great management, great tools, great place to work!"

Staffing in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Bartech Staffing for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility to work from home, giving you the work/life balance you need. Strong management leaders who provide the tools and feedback you need to be successful. You get the chance to work in a team. Opportunity to work on a different scale of jobs and companies.

Cons

You need to be able to work very fast and have strong time management skills in order to meet deadlines and be successful .

Advice to Management

Continue to have the friendly/family environment and provide the tools your employees need to be successful. Always ask for feedback on how your processes can improve.

Bartech Staffing2018-06-09

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Bartech Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility to work from home, giving you a good work/life balance A management team that is focused on fixing any issues that arise and making the daily operations run as smoothly as possible Opportunity to branch out and work on different projects An excellent support team that aid in the recruiting process, such as posting jobs on sites like CareerBuilder and helping in the onboarding process as well as... answering questions from current employees.

Cons

The industry contains a lot of ups and downs and requires focus and attention to detail as things can get hectic from time to time

Advice to Management

Continue to build on the family friendly culture and environment that has been established in the past. Bartech is a great place to work

Bartech Staffing2018-02-19

"Staffing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I worked at Bartech Staffing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working from home, work-life balance. Insurance is ok and decent vacation.

Cons

When I took the job there, I wanted to be there long term. Since they've been acquired, they've seemed less and less like a family and more like just a job. Never had a 401K match, low pay, no tuition reimbursement. There's no well-placed benefit working there that you cannot receive elsewhere. Management finger points, plays favs, and was outright disrespectful at times.

Advice to Management

Take a look at how you treat employees. The morale and culture there is gone (ask the people not just what you want to look at through your own eyes). People are talking and word gets around. Change was needed but this one wasn't for the benefit of the staff. Start looking into what you can offer that other companies cannot (working from home is something others are offering now...).

Bartech Staffing2017-12-09

"WORST COMPANY EVER...RUN!!!!"

Former Employee - Former Employee

I worked at Bartech Staffing full-time

Pros

working from home / work life balance

Cons

This is definitely a kiss butt company. Management is so cut throat. If your not in their click they will make sure you fail. They always sided with the individual they liked or was clicked up with when it came to submitting a candidate, regardless of how great of a candidate you had. They make you use your vacation time when your out sick. This company was the worst I've ever worked for. No room for growth. ... No training opportunities. No education reimbursement. No 401K. They don't care about you just their numbers.

Bartech Staffing2017-10-24

"Beware if working Contract for Bartech"

Workers Comp Claims Examiner

I have been working at Bartech Staffing

Pros

My job does afford me a good work /life balance.

Cons

No raises for multiple years in a row, benefits continue to be taken away. No 401K match, no short or long term disability, no life insurance and the medical plans are very costly, especially to those with families. New employees earn no sick/personal time and PTO accrual is poor. I feel very unappreciated for the work I do and would not recommend a contract position through Bartech with Ford.

Advice to Management

Constantly taking away benefits and not giving anything in return, while the Company consistently turns a profit is wrong. That is not how you keep and attract good talent. Our account is not your typical short term contract work, but over the years we get treated more and more like short term employees who don't deserve anything but a paycheck. Expect high turnover in the coming year and an account that will be... dissatisfied to loose such talented long term employees.

Bartech Staffing2016-11-30

"Great Environment!!!"

I have been working at Bartech Staffing full-time

Pros

Flexible work environment (Work from Home Part-time) - Bartech cares about employees work/life balance Competitive Compensation Packages- vacation/holiday/medical/bonus/commission Friendly and helpful co-workers Beautiful work environment Company celebrates their employee’s successes

Cons

They are some impovements need in the on-boarding process.

Bartech Staffing2014-10-15
  7. "It was only a job that paid the bills...they went through senior managers every 6-8 months"

Former Employee - Technology Specialist in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Bartech Staffing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Poorly managed, very little opportunity for growth and no work life balance

Cons

No perks, compensation was less than cost of living increases, unrealistic goals, poorly managed, and seem to only consider those located in their Detroit headquarters.

Bartech Staffing2014-08-02

"This is the first organization I have been a part of where everyone is happy every day!"

I have been working at Bartech Staffing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very organized and welcoming from the very first day I arrived. By the end of my first week here I was very comfortable with what I was doing. I absolutely love my team and my supervisor is phenominal and so easy to work with! The environment here is very upbeat and having a part-time "work from home" environment was key for me. They take work life balance very seriously. You are treated like a professional and... help is always readily available.

Cons

I have no cons to mention.

Bartech Staffing2014-05-08

"Great Company!!"

Former Employee - Employee Care Representative in Livonia, MI

I worked at Bartech Staffing full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are really two sets of reviews that I have seen on this site. I am reviewing the company from the perspective of a staff employee. Bartech is a very sophisticated company, when I say that, I mean that Bartech makes every effort to be ahead of the curve and essentially an industry leader. As a whole, the company is doing a pretty good job at that. I was proud to say that I worked for the company. The work... environment was excellent, my boss specifically was very approachable and respectful of work/life balance, time off requests and a temporarily modified work schedule. The company is big on celebrating personal accomplishments; anniversaries, weddings, births, birthdays etc. The time off is nothing short of glorious, I believe we were paid for all the legal holidays except for one for a total of 10 or 11 paid holidays. The time off package was the best I've ever had; 2 weeks vacation, 4 sick days, 2 personal days, and 1 floating holiday. Medical, Dental and Vision benefits were pretty comparable to other companies of similar size as far as cost goes. Benefit offerings were excellent, there were three medical plans to choose from that would suit every employees needs. Short term disability was company provided, definitely a plus if you ever need it.

Cons

Bartech primarily focuses on the staffing industry, however provides multiple layers of support to outside companies, MANY of which are "Fortune 500" companies. It can get a little confusing to understand EVERYTHING that the company does, however one would assume that to have several areas of focus vs just one, is more profitable for the company, which is understandable. The only real issue that can been viewed as... a true CON is…Any banked vacation/sick time was a “use it or lose it” program, this left a sour taste in a lot of employees mouths, but with the great package to begin with, there was little room to complain. Communication and inclusiveness within the company was not all that great, however in the last quarter prior to my departure, it seemed that there were efforts to improve this.

Advice to Management

I believe compensation was a little on the low end, which I fear will cause Bartech to lose some valuable talent. I feel that cross training employees is important and should be considered. I would suggest implementing an employee recognition program, maybe an employee of the month program that highlights a great employee and encourages others to perform well.

Bartech Staffing2012-06-05