KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Bartlett Regional Hospital Reviews

Updated Dec 28, 2020

Found 8 of over 8 reviews

3.8
Bartlett Regional Hospital Chief Executive Officer Charles E. Bill (no image)
Charles E. Bill

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful Place to Work

Dec 23, 2020 - CNA/Unit Clerk in Juneau, AK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management and pay. Good night shift and weekend differentials.

Cons

Can be difficult to get your foot in the door.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

You're not just an employee, you're family.

Dec 28, 2020 - Medical Biller in Juneau, AK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent pay, excellent benefits. Had I not needed to leave the state for a family emergency, I'd still be working there.

Cons

Did not allow me to work remotely. They are a little behind the times when it comes to technology.

3. 2.0

Open Hostility

Nov 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most employees are kind and work hard. Many look out for each other and try to work as a team across departments. Pay is average, but for some departments, it's inconsistent with the workload and should be increased.

Cons

Some departments are openly hostile to other departments they believe are beneath them. Specifically towards the admissions office. They have the biggest, most varied work load and are not appreciated for how hard they try to work with the rest of the hospital and get their job done. Many doctors and nurses are unprofessionally disrespectful for no reason and refuse to work with that department. This behavior is not discouraged by management either.

Continue reading
  4. 4.0

Great small hospital

Jun 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, lots of differential pay, great benefits, everyone knows each other, team mentality.

Cons

Management is poor in certain departments.

5. 5.0

RN

Apr 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment and people

Cons

Not big enough to have more employees

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Bartlett Regional was a family

Jul 30, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Juneau, AK
    Business Outlook

Pros

The goal of Bartlett Regional Hospital was to be the best community hospital in Alaska. They worked hard at it and I think they were achieving their goals. The last couple of years I was working their the CEO had changed a couple of times due to how the board hired the CEO so there was a bit of instability due to that. Yet I thoroughly enjoyed working with the entire staff at the hospital. It was like a family and they really took top interest in making sure the patient was taken well care of in all aspects of their care (physician care, nursing, social work, diagnostic, therapies, etc) for both inpatient and outpatient services. Maternity services were phenomenal as I was a patient there during my years of employment. My children also had a few visits to the Emergency services and I was very pleased with how they cared for my children.

Cons

I think because of the hospital board changing how they hire the CEO and the movement of an interim and even a new CEO out of the hospital within a year and a half period, it created a little instability. The core staff of the hospital kept the flow of the hospital going. Hopefully, they have a stable CEO now.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall a great experience with some frustrations

Apr 11, 2014 - Registered Nurse in Juneau, AK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very accommodating and flexible, I have have been student for 2 years and they always worked around my schedule and were patient with me. They hired me on with no experience and trained me in a speciality area from the ground up. It is an excellent team to work with.

Cons

Some of the administration decisions are questionable and if you get involved in the politics it will drive you crazy.

8. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Culture of Fear is BACK!!!

Dec 12, 2012 - Culture of Fear Doesn't Allow Me to Answer This Question : O( in Juneau, AK
    Business Outlook

Pros

At the moment, I am struggling to find the pros of the work enviroment here after the recent change in leadership :o(

Cons

The new CEO and CFO manage with fear! They both have threatened staff member's jobs and are forcing ALL the good people to resign. Sooner or later, the hospital will be ran by a group of dictators and I cannot see how well that will work out for quality patient care? This happened a while back and the Juneau Assembly had to intervene as I believe is the case now!

Continue reading