Bartlett Tree Experts Climber Reviews | Glassdoor

Bartlett Tree Experts Climber Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2018

3.8
Bartlett Tree Experts CEO Robert A. Bartlett Jr. (no image)
Robert A. Bartlett Jr.
0 Rating

"Climber"

Current Employee - Climber in Dublin, PA

I have been working at Bartlett Tree Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Though every office is different, and I can only speak for mine, I've had some great learning opportunities working with guys that have been in the field for decades. We typically try to wrap up our days at 3:00, and the medical benefits are actually pretty great.

Cons

Very poor management puts the production crews in frustrating situations, poor communication when it comes to management as well. Hours get VERY scarce in the winter.

Continue reading
    Bartlett Tree Experts2018-06-24

"Work you until you break. Stretch you and push you, and give you very little in return"

Former Employee - Climber in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Bartlett Tree Experts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Out of most big commercial tree companies, they're one of the better to work for. Unfortunately, that's not saying much. If overtime is your thing, and you live to do tree work, this might be your thing. If not, stay away.

Cons

Horrible working conditions are common and customers give very little appreciation even on the most professional job done or difficult working scenario. There's a very poor wage, and many of the people drawn to this field are rejects from any other profession. In addition, you'll find yourself competing with other tree companies, the kind most would call 'hacks.' Not only that, but people will assume you're one of them. Advancement opportunities are very limited, and unless you squeeze your way into a sales rep or corporate position, you'll end up working as a foreman for the rest of your life. Do you want to be stuck cutting down, trimming, and hauling trees until you're 65? If you even make it that far in this field without a serious injury knocking you out of this line of work, consider that winning the lottery.

Continue reading
    Bartlett Tree Experts2014-12-04

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews