Barton Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Robert Indresano

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A great entry-level job that has the potential to make a lot of money" (in 21 reviews)

• "You have a huge opportunity to break into a large market and make a lot of money if you are willing to try" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "My only con would be the work/life balance" (in 24 reviews)

• "Long hours, hard work, can be difficult to see light at the end of the tunnel" (in 45 reviews)

1. "Physician Recruiter"

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to make money quickly.

Cons

Culture has always been iffy, but is starting to get better.

Advice to Management

Don't forget what it's like to be new!

"Potential to be great but missed the mark big time"

I worked at Barton Associates full-time

Pros

Good pay if you stay for awhile
    Nice Coworkers
    Flexible with PTO
    Nice Benefits package

Cons

Terrible Turnover - people literally quitting by the day, sometimes new hires would quit within the first few weeks
    Shady Practices - I almost would feel bad for the Doctors taking positions with Barton because they are vastly underpaid compared to other staffing companies and Barton knows it.
    Terrible Management - rushing candidates through management training leading to poor results
    Very micromanaged - If you want someone asking "what are you doing" every 3 minutes go ahead and apply
    Low morale - most people at the office I worked at are either planning to quit or hate the job
    Management quitting - It is a bad sign when established managers that have been around for years start to quit
    Poorly managed database - Overcalling providers leads to people never wanting to work with Barton at all. Certain providers in hot states will get a call 7 days a week, sometimes several a day because employees aren't reprimanded for overcalling

Advice to Management

Barton has some potential to be a great company but greed and terrible management is going to cause this company to close its doors one day I can guarantee it now. Barton vastly underpays the medical providers that are working with them and they all know it. Most of the Doctors that work with Barton only do so because they have a good connection with the recruiter otherwise they wouldn't bother. So many problems with the processes at Barton, It takes at least 3 to 4 months to even sniff production and commission is not strong as you would think. Terrible management is another huge issue. Barton is hiring management based on who they think would be a good fit but most of the time this is just a person that shows 5% more effort than everyone else and is just there for the check, therefore when they get their own team they are poorly managed and that manager will only focus on their own sales goals. Barton needs to improve their reputation big time, I would talk to countless people in our database that wouldn't even think about working for Barton and if they had before they never would again.

"Associate Account Manager"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get a job here.

Cons

It sucks to work there.

4. "Group Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Barton Associates (More than a year)

Pros

Fast Paced & Competitive Sales Floor. Great culture and work environment in an industry that is constantly growing.

Cons

Nothing unless getting weekly overtime bothers you!

Advice to Management

Keep updating training and promoting a more fun and active work culture! You're doing great!

5. "Barton is great"

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time

Pros

Look forward to coming into work everyday

Cons

There are no cons !

"Hardest Job I've had, but also very lucrative"

Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time

Pros

This job is extremely difficult. Think sales, similar to the sales floor in the pursuit of happiness. Only difference is that instead of being given a list of things to call, you are creating your own list! I can attest to the fact that the job roles change VERY quickly, which is stressful, but also exciting because it keeps you on your toes. Also, the amount of money you can make here is RIDICULOUS.

Cons

If you want a 9am-5pm easy desk job that will give you a pretty salary, this job is NOT FOR YOU. If you can't take constant rejection and critique, this job is NOT FOR YOU. If you like consistency more than have an emotional roller coaster ride everyday, this job is NOT FOR YOU. If you don't like people, this job is NOT FOR YOU. If you are not money-motivated, this job is NOT FOR YOU.

Advice to Management

All of the management is from the East Coast or Texas. Let go of the past and let the West Coast Culture take over this office!

7. "Perfect company"

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly place to work
    Excellent management
    Amazing place

Cons

Nothing I can think off.

Advice to Management

N/A

8. "Recruiter"

I worked at Barton Associates full-time

Pros

Lots of Opportunity, move up the ladder quickly.

Cons

Treated like you are in high school. strict with PTO. Low Base Salary. Not the easiest market.

Advice to Management

Give employees more freedom.

"Sales Team Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Team Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Team Manager

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a fantastic career path if you're driven & motivated by money. The position is very challenging, especially when you're just starting out. You need to be willing to put in a LOT of effort and be very resilient.

The thing I love about the company most is how well you're rewarded for your effort. You are both financially compensated, rewarded in contests like our club excellence trips, and recognized by management.

Barton gives you the opportunity to significantly increase your income year over year. It's rare to find a company where you see people in their mid-20's making $80-100k/year or more. However, at Barton it happens for those who work hard but it's just that - hard work, and not everyone is prepared to do that.

Cons

You will see turnover, but that's the name of the game in an entry level sales position. If you're competitive, you won't see this as a con!

If you aren't competitive and motivated by money, this may not be the job for you.

"New Grads - Run to Barton / AZ"

Former Employee - Group Manager/Senior AM in Enfield, CT
    Former Employee - Group Manager/Senior AM in Enfield, CT

I worked at Barton Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A worthwhile review from a long tenured employee who isn't bitter and making excuses for poor performance, after getting fired.

-Barton offers an opportunity to make more money more quickly, than any comparable sales job for new grads. I made 45k, 75k, 95k in my first 3 years.

-Barton promotes only from within (see more in cons)... your career growth opportunity is unparalleled. I was promoted within 6 months of employment.

-Generally, management offers tons of training tools to allow you to be successful. Especially if you are viewed as a "hungry" employee, management will do everything in their power guide you towards success.

-Marketplace Security: The Healthcare / Locum Tenen industry Barton is in, is unmatched. Physician shortage across the country only getting larger, with more patients needed to be seen than ever. Talk about sustainability.

-Newly implemented base salary and commission structure, allows new grads better opportunity to make more money more quickly.

Cons

-Long hours, hard work, can be difficult to see light at the end of the tunnel. It will take tons and tons and tons of work (cold calling), with no end in sight. Every day you need to wake up and motivate yourself to give a ton of effort in order to find new business. The job just literally isn't for everyone.

-Barton only promotes from within. Bit of a catch 22, plenty of talented individuals work their way into management and do an excellent job, but it's almost as if Barton is willing to sacrifice the time to sort through good and bad managers by promoting them too early. Not every "manager" is deserving. This can become detrimental to new and tenured employees in certain instances, in my opinion.

Advice to Management

New Grads PLEASE READ this portion: What happens a lot of times at Barton Associates is employees come in and work really hard, get tons of help from management, get promoted, make a lot of money, then with time, become complacent.

As I stated above, Barton is not a job for everyone, and is very very difficult (especially to motivate yourself on a daily basis).

When you see really bad reviews from people who worked at a company for several years, please understand 99% of the time it is a situation where the employee became exhausted with the work necessary to be successful, slowly but surely stops working (awful example/standard for new grads to witness who are expecting to come in and make money), and leaves management no choice but to fire them. Which I'm sure is exactly what happened in AZ.

Management- Buy your employees coffees, give them days off for excellent work, make them feel appreciated. Do so, or you will constantly have a revolving door of new hires, same trainings, new managers both good and bad, tenured employees quitting / giving up.