Barton Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Robert Indresano

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You have an opportunity to make a lot of money, (in 15 reviews)

• Potential to make a lot of money (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • My only con would be the work/life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Long hours cold calling but if you get through that the money is worth it (in 35 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Senior Account Manager Perspective"

Current Employee - Group Manager, Account Management in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Group Manager, Account Management in Austin, TX

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Barton almost 2 1/2 years and I have truly enjoyed my time here so far. I feel as if I am apart of a big close knit Barton family. Very work hard/play hard type of atmosphere. I like that it is a group atmosphere to a certain extent but at the end of the day a very independent job. When it comes to the opportunity you have here, success is in your own hands. Does not matter about seniority, but about how hard you work. If you grind then it will pay off and you will start to make the kind of money here that you would have no chance at making anywhere else. What I made in my second year over doubled my pay in my first year and it is only going to continue to go up as long as I don't take my foot off of the gas. When it comes to management I have really enjoyed being a manager and the perks that come along with that but I like that it is perfectly fine if someone wanted to step down and just be an independent. Managers are only promoted from within, never hired from the outside to come in and boss people around. The opportunity to keep moving up is insane here. The boss that runs our whole office started about 5 yrs ago in another office ground zero as an associate account manager, she is truly inspiring with everything she does.

Cons

Things constantly change with the clients/providers that are out of your control so you have to be able to roll with the punches and keep going. If you take your foot off of the gas for too long then it could really hurt you a few months down the line. This is a paid for production type of job, though you have a very healthy base pay (that increases) you do not want to settle with that. To be able to make it through the grind of the first 6 months you have to be able to see the big picture of the opportunity at hand. If you can make it over the initial humps then things take off and snowball!

2. "Provides Good Sales Experience"

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time

Pros

Good people. It's a grind.

Cons

Long days. It's a grind.

3. "Hard work pays off!"

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a sales job- the managers are straightforward with that. It's competitive and you get out what you put in. Yes, it's a grind but that's what you will experience in any sales role. The cold calling sucks but it's part of the job and you're told that from day 1- you aren't just going to have a database filled with clients lined up for you when you start- you do need to work for it.

There is realistic ability to make a ton of money, great people to work with, managers who are on the floor with you to help with whatever you need, and ability to transition to management much faster than other places. Again, you won't get put into management if you don't put in the work. This isn't a job for people who want things to be handed to them- you really have to work for it, but it pays off!

Cons

the starting base is a little tough- but if you stick it out it gets a lot better after you receive raises and commission.

4. "I would look for other options"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Barton Associates full-time

Pros

good work environment, nice people

Cons

terrible work to life ratio, management overworks you to the bone

5. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time

Pros

Great environment, hour lunch breaks

Cons

Don't make money here, long hours

Advice to Management

Shorten "training period " so workers don't go broke

"Junior Account Manager"

Former Employee - Junior Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Junior Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Barton Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some co-workers were very friendly and you get to learn a lot about the Locum Tenen Industry

Cons

Extremely high turn over rate, long hours, 7-5 and I was even asked to stay after 5 because that was the time I was supposed to make "Lists of people to call" I had no life outside of Barton. Manager and boss were also very rude and fired me unexpectedly one day and then I didn't have a job.. Be careful accepting a job here.

Advice to Management

Be clearer in the interviews and respect people's time outside of work.

7. "Great Company Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture and values, you can tell the company respects their employees and has their best interests at heart. This is a great place for those who don't mind hard work. It can be challenging at first but once you make it past the initial hurdles, you can be VERY successful ($$$$$$$$$$)

Cons

earlier than usual start time (7AM)

"competitive"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Peabody, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Peabody, MA

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ability to make a lot of money

Cons

A lot of back stabbing employees, very competitive

Advice to Management

get a better system. Stop taking peoples accounts.

"I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy"

Former Employee - Account Development Manager in Keene, NH
    Former Employee - Account Development Manager in Keene, NH

I worked at Barton Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company "family" atmosphere (but as soon as you're gone they could care-less to contact you)

M-F work schedule

Cons

The management is promoted because they are making money for the company, not because they are potentially good managers. They talk down to you like you're a child and they constantly threaten your job. You definitely have to walk on egg shells at this company.

The "incentives" are terrible. You work so HARD and you get no-where with most potential clients.

The passing of files is terrible, you can't get anywhere with a client after a couple of weeks of berating them, management will steal your file.

Constant berating of clients for business is harassment. You are essentially a glorified telemarketer.

The dress code is utterly ridiculous, you don't come into contact with clients. Why should you have to dress up everyday?

Again.... The management NEEDS to not talk down to their staff. I have never witnessed such belittling of people in my life. It's not okay.

Good luck if you have a health issue or family issue.... They don't care to give you the time off to go to the doctor.

The 3 hours on the phone is unattainable most days with the constant pointless "meetings" that accomplish nothing.

You are expected to work 8:00 - 5:30 but you only get a half hour for lunch. The department of labor in New Hampshire says that's illegal.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting people because they are making money for the company and actually go after people that are encouraging and helpful to others.

Have your management stop yelling and belittling employees. It mentally messes with people and makes them hate being at work.

Give longer lunch breaks.

Give inbound employees at least 9 months to get their "stuff" together.

Have a little fun at work. It helps move the day along.

"Great work environment"

Current Employee - Account Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing work environment, training every morning showing the ropes of the game.

Cons

Having to wake up super early, but its worth it.