Barton Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Robert Indresano

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You have a huge opportunity to break into a large market and make a lot of money if you are willing to try (in 21 reviews)

• If you're good at sales you can make a lot of money (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • My only con would be the work/life balance (in 24 reviews)

• Long hours cold calling but if you get through that the money is worth it (in 42 reviews)

1. "Outbound Recruiter"

Current Employee - Group Sales Manager in Peabody, MA
    Current Employee - Group Sales Manager in Peabody, MA

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Earning Potential
    -Young and lively sales floor
    -Strong promote from within culture
    -Excellent training for both everyday sales and management

Cons

-Not for the right fit for everyone. Working in outbound offices almost all business is self generated. Need to be committed and buy in to the process in order to achieve long term success
    -Like any sales job must be able to handle a lot of rejection

Advice to Management

Things are trending in the right direction. Continue to improve on Salesforce implementation and roll out of new features.

"Equal Pay for Equal Work"

Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot express enough how supportive and caring the managers are about the success of their employee's. They truly want all of us to succeed and help us out in any way possible.

Both our CEO and Owner have come to the office from across the country to meet and see the new office in which they have offered advice in their time with us.

Cons

Things are a little slower in the evening, but it offers more time to get things right the first time.

3. "A thriving time to be in healthcare"

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, encouragement and support for new hires. Most people here will help you succeed. New information on the healthcare market is always brought to your attention. The training isn't hard but you have to be willing to learn. After that, your success is based on what you put into the job.

Cons

Mornings start at 7 am.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have the option to work from home.

4. "Work hard, Grow Fast"

Current Employee - Group Manager in Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Group Manager in Windsor, CT

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get what you put in here. This is not an easy job, but if you are dedicated, and like making money, this could be a fit for you!

Cons

Hours are tough sometimes, but what job doesn't have this issue? Plenty of people will complain about this, however they are the ones who are not making any money. Our motto is wake up early, and stay late. You are your own money making machine here, no one else will do it for you!

Advice to Management

Management here is strategically set up so everyone always has someone to turn to. Questions are always welcomed here, as well as any other issues. Good system.

5. "Account Development Manager"

Current Employee - Account Development Manager in Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Account Development Manager in Windsor, CT

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Barton Associates has given me the opportunity to learn and grow as an account manager. Through an unbelievable training process I have been given all of the tool necessary to succeed in the healthcare staffing industry. I also am able to enjoy my time here in the fast paced and competitive work environment. There are endless possibilities and the more work you put in; the more you will get out of it. This is a great place to work and gives you the opportunity to build a career!

Cons

It takes a lot of hard work and dedication. You need to know that the light is brighter at the end of the tunnel!

6. "I love the atmosphere at Barton !"

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The energy and personalities here are so uplifting! Barton is a really fun place to work, the office morale is A-1. Everyone is willing to help everyone out and there are alot of opportunities to move up in the company and the training is on going so I am always learning and growing. The staff is mostly on the younger side and we get do a lot of fun office events such as a water pong tournament we just had for St. Patrick's day .

Cons

There is A LOT of money to be made here at Barton, however you do have to be patient and work hard for it and the fact that we are surrounded by so much support does make it easier.

Advice to Management

The management here is fantastic, so helpful and kind

"Review:"

Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Hardwick, MA
    Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Hardwick, MA

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pro's:

Endless opportunity to grow within the company.
    You're in charge of your own destiny.
    Uncapped commission, you really are in charge of your own income dependent on how hard you work.
    Salary increases, every single year.
    Benefits.
    Office Environment.
    Continuous training, daily.

Cons

There are things that people consider Cons, however if you know sales, it really isn't a con. Yes, the turnover is very high, it's not just in one office, it's in every office. Why? Because sometimes this position isn't right for an individual. They start the position because it all sounds AMAZING however, once they get here, they either don't give it a shot or they aren't the right fit for their position. Sales is hard work, it's stressful, it's determination, it's a roller coaster of great things and bad things and some individuals are just not fit for that type of environment.

Yes, you are expected to meet the standard goals for your tenure. Yes, you are required to bill.. It's a sales job, it's no surprise that there are expectations of you.

However, if you are strong focused, tough skinned, and are looking to make a career where you can support your family on your income alone and have good work ethic, Barton Associates is a great opportunity to do so and the monetary is endless.

8. "Staffing Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you’re a competitive, passionate, money-motivated person who isn’t afraid of work hard then this is the right place to be. Barton offers a career path unlike any of the positions my college friends are in. The amount of self growth, career advancement and salary increase has truly changed my lifestyle. I am so proud to work for a company based on work ethic and with a group of people so passionate about what they do.

Cons

Straightforwardness for some. A lot of people struggle with direct & quick feedback as well as a critical work environment. It’s certainly not for everyone.

Manage by the numbers. Although we will give you every tool, training and advice we can, we are still a sales company that must manage by the numbers. This isn’t the right environment for everyone. It’s a place for people who’s eyes light up when they’re presented with a challenge.

"Barton Associates: A Transparent Look Inside How This Company Actually Operates"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hardwick, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hardwick, MA

I worked at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When you first arrive at Barton Associates for your interview you will meet 1-2 very happy looking and enthusiastic people. Generally these are Team Leaders or an Office Manager and a Team Leader. They will enthusiastically tell you about your $35,000.00 "base salary" and the amount of earning potential you will have by working there. Perhaps they'll tell you about a personal achievement they have reached like buying a new car or going to "Club" one year. They will excitedly tell you about the workplace atmosphere and about your commission structure all while peppering in how much money you'll make by working at Barton. At the end of your interview they will shake your hand and tell you it was a pleasure speaking with you and that they will contact you soon.
    After the interview the interviewers will then gossip to the entire office about how your interview went. They will say things like "Yeah I hated him" or "Can you believe he took took an Uber to his interview? Look at him...he's still in the parking lot!"
    If you are "lucky" enough to be hired, (they hire anyone with a pulse), you will be sent a big congratulations email with paperwork to fill out via docusign and an employee handbook detailing dress code etc as well as a start date. On your first day you will start with a meeting that happens every day at 8:00 on the dot. IF you walk in at 8:02 you're marked as late. During the meeting every staff member there will introduce themselves to you and tell you how long they have been with Barton and what they do. You'll then find it odd that almost everyone in your office has only worked there for 3 months. Finally you get to introduce yourself to your new group of coworkers and off you go to trainings and meetings so you can finally hit the phones. 3+ hours/day of phone time is required as well as 100 dials regardless of your production if you get production. You'll then be stuck in a cycle that begins at 8 and ends at 5:30 or later Monday-Friday where you will watch those coworkers from 3 months quit, hear the gossip and unprofessional comments about the people interviewing to replace them before watching those people be hired and quit. The cycle continues endlessly. There are no pros aside from the BCBS insurance that will decrease your paycheck by 1/3 every two weeks.

Cons

What Barton does not want you to know when you are hired is that they have multiple unethical business practice lawsuits currently pending against them not only from former employees but also from clients and providers they have lured into signing a contract with them ranging from outright lying to clients about provider availability to not paying their providers. They also will not tell you about the multiple sexual misconduct cases currently ongoing against Barton from previous female employees (although you'll get a nice presentation about how it's not okay to sexually harass your coworkers and that you probably should not start sleeping with each other or trading sexual favors for clients or providers). It turns out that Barton Associates female employees (usually with large client or provider bases) are coming out more and more and opening up about how they "inherited" or were given these large bases (leftover from people who quit) in exchange for sexual favors by male managers. Here is a list of other cons you can expect from working at Barton:
    * Legitimately unfit managers who think they are smarter than you (ie. probably didn't graduate high school OR managed to wiggle their way through college to get a degree in interior design or something just as useless (although I can't think of any degree that is more useless at this moment.
    * No work/life balance
    * PTO that you cannot use
    * Zero room for actual advancement. If you apply for a different position at Barton you will be asked to quit and when you say no you will be terminated.
    * Gossip and unprofessionalism. Endless gossip about you, what you wear, what you drive, your production and your clients or providers.
    * Being blamed constantly for other employee's/people's deficits
    * Not being able to use your knowledge, education or experience to be successful but relying on being "coachable" by the people that are your Team Leaders or Office Managers.
    * Being expected to work when you're not working
    * Watching a new hire come in bright eyed and ready to go knowing that they truly believe they are going to make the kind of money they were promised during their interview and slowly seeing them realize that they won't and never will.
    * Literally everything.

Advice to Management

Enjoy your positions while they last because the Barton pyramid will not last more than another few years.

Barton Associates Response

Apr 20, 2018 – Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry you did not feel comfortable communicating these frustrations while you were with Barton, but please note I take them quite seriously. We want to provide a... More

10. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have the ability to make a lot of money quickly if you work hard. Plenty of room for growth if you choose to take a management path.

Cons

Cold Calling. Lots of rejection. looking for the diamond in the rough.