Barton Associates Reviews

Updated May 13, 2021

3.3
Barton Associates President & COO Robert Indresano (no image)
Robert Indresano
Pros
  • "Work Environment - I love my coworkers and feel like we have a good sense of community(in 47 reviews)

• "Great Management that is always encouraging you, hard work always pays off, fun environment to work in with an open sales floor(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours and commission structure can be better(in 71 reviews)

• "Work Life Balance - The hours are relatively long(in 38 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Enjoyed working here

May 2, 2021 - Primary Care Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed the people, communication, and the training!

Cons

I didn’t enjoy the morning meetings everyday!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Quick Review Of Barton

Mar 22, 2021 - Staffing Specialist in Worcester, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent management, fantastic people to work with and most encouraging environment to work in. If you are looking to start your career off in sales, this is the place to do it. Management has perfected training down to the T. If you don't get something, they will go above and beyond to help you succeed.

Cons

Only con is that your data base takes a while to develop. In a nutshell, that means your clientele base. Don't expect to make 50 + thousand dollars when you first start out. You have to build your base from the ground up, but once you do, you can become unbelievably successful here. It's all about hard work and determination. If you stay on top of your base and are a well organized individual, you can make it big at Barton. It just takes time.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Staffing specialist

Apr 29, 2021 - Staffing Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great co workers! I have to write at least five words.

Cons

Work life balance, micromanagement, responsibilities vs compensation, you are treated like a child no matter how much money you make the company, TOP PRODUCERS in the company don’t make more than $150,000 a year. You could go to any other company and make $300,000+ for the same amount of work you put in. They will lie to you all day and say this isn’t true but I promise you it is. The numbers are everywhere. They write fake reviews on here to out weigh the bad ones where they could just revamp the way they treat their employees like every other company has done over the past 10 years. My advice: work here a few months to get the experience then go get A REAL JOB.

Senior Director of Talent Acquisition

I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you here at Barton. We take pride in having a top notch team so it's no surprise that you enjoyed your co-workers. I manage the Glassdoor page and take the accusation of people writing fake reviews very seriously. If you're aware of any instance where someone was asked to do-so, please contact me and I'll address it. I've shared this feedback with the correct senior managers. Jonathan Retchin Senior Director of Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Quality Assurance Analyst

May 13, 2021 - Quality Assurance Analyst in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, decent pay, friendly environments, nice offices.

Cons

Pay could be better other than not bad

5. 4.0

Good company

May 8, 2021 - Support Staff in Peabody, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people you work with turn to family! Work environment is always fun! Their understanding and flexible when it comes to taking time off to an extend. They’ll accommodate schedule changes if needed for work life balance.

Cons

They add more to your plate without properly compensating. No incentives for support staff.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Indifferent

Mar 11, 2021 - Account Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is nice. Working with a lot of young people who are all relativelly new to sales so it is nice to build relationships with co workers going through the same stuff. It is pretty laid back but also gives structure and helps you learn a lot. A good job to learn and grow from. Managment is not down your throat all the time and gives you breath room to develope your own sales style. Free-scripted and not too heavily like a coporate robot job. Hour breaks are nice as well. You definitely can do good at this job if you are very patient and can maintain enthusiasm.

Cons

Hours. The hours are 7am-5 pm. It is really tough to maintain any sort of social life or take time for yourself here. It is easy to mentally drain. Almost felt tricked when I was told to come in on my first day at 8 and then they said it is 7 am instead daily. Pay. It is long hours and little pay. The base salary is not liveable in Austin whatsoever and commission takes a while. Turn of sales. It is hard to start billing here. The rates to customers are very high and it is hard to land biz often due to it. Say to sell yourself, but you can only do that so much when money talks.

Senior Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing feedback. Your review will be shared with the appropriate managers. I'm happy to hear that you like the culture in our Austin office. We really do have a great team down there! Our Talent Acquisition team discusses business hours with all candidates on our initial calls and Managers go over them during the interview. So, there shouldn't be any surprises with the hours. The first hour of the day is when we focus on building our team's key fundamentals with our morning training meetings. Barton Associates strives to have the best trained staff in the business and our morning meetings are an essential part of that goal. I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out. Regards, Jonathan Retchin Senior Director of Talent Acquisition

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Make a career for yourself

Mar 12, 2021 - Senior Group Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been with Barton 4 years and started from the ground up. I can happily say I love my job and enjoy coming into work every day. Barton offices are a fast paced, fun work environment where I’ve been able to establish long lasting business relationships in a market space that continues to grow annually. Great Compensation and overtime offered along with a top ranked training program for those who enjoy selling in a competitive industry. There’s constant internal opportunities for growth, I was promoted to management after meeting my sales goals within the first year of employment. Production based business model, you make as much as the effort you put in. If you work hard and hone in on your craft as a salesperson you might just end up making a career for yourself.

Cons

Not a job for those who seek immediate gratification. Working hard is never easy, but can be fun and truly pay off

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Be better.

May 6, 2021 - Recruiter in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning quickly there are less and less every day.

Cons

•The pressure to preform is always there. If you do not preform well, you are fired same day. •You will not make commission for well over a year. Don’t let anyone lie to you and say it will be sooner. •You will work 10+Hour days •There is hardly any training •Prepare yourself for the harassment and belittling comments from staff and management (women beware). •Absolutely not COVID friendly •The turnover rate is insane. Every 2 months expect an entirely new team of new-bees around you. •You are seen as not worth managements time or consideration, which means you have an even harder time learning making it even harder to get a commission check •You are a number. This company only cares about money and will use you till you are brain dead, mentally and emotionally exhausted then fire you, or just hope you quit. •Expect to be on your own learning this new world of sales force, doximity, med boards, and risk management. It isn’t bad after a few months on your own but you will be lost until then. •The way the company is run is a disaster.

Senior Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your comments. Throughout the pandemic, keeping our employees safe has been a top priority and we have implemented guidelines that each employee must follow. A few examples are; employees are required to wear face coverings at all times while in the office, other than while at their workspace alone, we have enhanced daily deep cleanings by professional janitorial services, we have installed plexiglass dividers between work stations, and more. We encourage you to reach out to our Employee Relation Specialist as we would very much like to discuss your concerns over the phone. Regards, Jonathan Retchin Senior Director of Talent Acquisition

9. 5.0

Review

Mar 22, 2021 - Group Manager - Account Management in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a large opportunity to grow and develop your management skills as well as your consulting/sales skills. Great work environment and a nice balance of having fun but also working hard throughout the day. Barton Associates is a great opportunity if you are interested in sales, management, consulting, and being able to build partnerships with clients. The Healthcare staffing industry is a flourishing field to be in and is only growing so come join us and start a new career!

Cons

No cons other than it takes hard work to be where you want to be. Expect your managers to push you through adversity but also praise your achievements. If you are not motivated to be successful and to make money, this may not be the right fit for you.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Long-term career option for those seeking growth

Apr 13, 2021 - Manager in Windsor, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Long-term career option to continuously grow your career & earnings. Ability to flex creativity & problem solving skills in new situations each day. Uncapped room to grow professionally & financially.

Cons

It's sales and there's a building period. You have to build before you will see consistent sales & compounding growth. This industry requires longer hours & those who can work quickly. It can be difficult to stay motivated without instant gratificatoin.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 718 Reviews

Popular Careers with Barton Associates Job Seekers

Account Manager
    JobsSalariesInterviews
    Account Manager (Entry Level)
    Associate Account Development Manager