Barton Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Robert Indresano

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A great entry-level job that has the potential to make a lot of money" (in 21 reviews)

• "You have a huge opportunity to break into a large market and make a lot of money if you are willing to try" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "My only con would be the work/life balance" (in 24 reviews)

• "Long hours, hard work, can be difficult to see light at the end of the tunnel" (in 45 reviews)

1. "Support"

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, fun work environment

Cons

All good things to say here

2. "New Hire"

Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Inviting, laid back and easy-going interview.

Cons

I have not started yet.

Advice to Management

None.

3. "Physician Recruiter"

Former Employee - Med-Surg Physiciab Revruiter in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Med-Surg Physiciab Revruiter in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Barton Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great mentoring and sales training from Jason Marose, Office manger at the West Palm Beach Office as well as exceptional mentoring and training from Ryan Weisheit the number 1 Med/ Surge Recruiter in the company.

There is exceptional growth with the company and they tell you that from day one and Never change their story unlike a lot of other sale companies. Fun work environment that is meant for the competitive individual. If you put your 6 months in you WILL see success here guaranteed.

This is a great job for someone who is money motivated and willing to have a great attitude and put forth a good effort into their time here.

Bottom line, these guys respect a good attitude and a great effort. If you have that here and out in your 6 months to start, there is a huge payout at the end and it only goes up from 6 months on.

And, contrary to my Cons on this company, they should be stated as negatives towards the company. The Cons should rather be as facts that I personally thought made the job harder.

Cons

Honest answer this job can be tough at the start. With a sharp learning curve and being in a tough field, for some. It can be tough to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Have faith in the process and put your 6 months in before you decide to leave or change careers. 6 months can be tough for some but I promise there is a high reward in it for those who stay.

The medical field is tough with a lot of credentialing and red tape issues which can bother someone like myself and doctors can be a bit egotistical on the phone. If you listen to the people who have done it for years I promise that you will be good at the job.

Advice to Management

Tell all the new guys these rules which I feel helped me at this job;
    -Even if you suck on the phone, if you spend 2.5 to 3 hours on the phone a day, you will have success guaranteed.
    -Give Barton 6 months before you consider changing careers
    -trust what the guys who have been this longer than a year tell you and then execute upon it.
    -always remind them of the earning potentional that Barton has over the competition (because it is significantly higher at Barton Associates long term meaning a year plus than the competition.)

"New Grads - Run to Barton / AZ"

Former Employee - Group Manager/Senior AM in Enfield, CT
    Former Employee - Group Manager/Senior AM in Enfield, CT

I worked at Barton Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A worthwhile review from a long tenured employee who isn't bitter and making excuses for poor performance, after getting fired.

-Barton offers an opportunity to make more money more quickly, than any comparable sales job for new grads. I made 45k, 75k, 95k in my first 3 years.

-Barton promotes only from within (see more in cons)... your career growth opportunity is unparalleled. I was promoted within 6 months of employment.

-Generally, management offers tons of training tools to allow you to be successful. Especially if you are viewed as a "hungry" employee, management will do everything in their power guide you towards success.

-Marketplace Security: The Healthcare / Locum Tenen industry Barton is in, is unmatched. Physician shortage across the country only getting larger, with more patients needed to be seen than ever. Talk about sustainability.

-Newly implemented base salary and commission structure, allows new grads better opportunity to make more money more quickly.

Cons

-Long hours, hard work, can be difficult to see light at the end of the tunnel. It will take tons and tons and tons of work (cold calling), with no end in sight. Every day you need to wake up and motivate yourself to give a ton of effort in order to find new business. The job just literally isn't for everyone.

-Barton only promotes from within. Bit of a catch 22, plenty of talented individuals work their way into management and do an excellent job, but it's almost as if Barton is willing to sacrifice the time to sort through good and bad managers by promoting them too early. Not every "manager" is deserving. This can become detrimental to new and tenured employees in certain instances, in my opinion.

Advice to Management

New Grads PLEASE READ this portion: What happens a lot of times at Barton Associates is employees come in and work really hard, get tons of help from management, get promoted, make a lot of money, then with time, become complacent.

As I stated above, Barton is not a job for everyone, and is very very difficult (especially to motivate yourself on a daily basis).

When you see really bad reviews from people who worked at a company for several years, please understand 99% of the time it is a situation where the employee became exhausted with the work necessary to be successful, slowly but surely stops working (awful example/standard for new grads to witness who are expecting to come in and make money), and leaves management no choice but to fire them. Which I'm sure is exactly what happened in AZ.

Management- Buy your employees coffees, give them days off for excellent work, make them feel appreciated. Do so, or you will constantly have a revolving door of new hires, same trainings, new managers both good and bad, tenured employees quitting / giving up.

5. "Please Read, and let me tell you about Barton"

Current Employee - Account Development Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Development Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay
    Weekends off
    Uncapped commission
    Upward advancement
    CEO
    Team Building
    Self confidence

Coming from a town where you had to work multiple hours to make due with a college degree, I’d say Barton Associates is the best thing that’s ever happened to me. If you like to work hard and reap the benefits Barton is for you. It’s not easy but, don’t let negative reviews tell you different. Try it out and find out for yourself. This company has done nothing but make me successful and give me the confidence I’ve lacked. I’ve made more money in 8 months than I have my entire life.

Cons

Cons are what you make them.

Advice to Management

None

6. "Great Work Environment, but Bad Work/Life Balance."

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time

Pros

Great work environment. Co workers are great and people really want to help you succeed.

Cons

Get off at 6-7 every day except fridays.

"Hard work, Great pay, and can be a life changing experience."

Current Employee - Group Manager - Staffing Specialist in Keene, NH
    Current Employee - Group Manager - Staffing Specialist in Keene, NH

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a great work environment for those of higher tenure and new hires as well. People will support you every step of the way but if you need more immediate direction you will get it. I highly recommend this career path to anyone who wants to improve their financial status in life.

Cons

This is not for those who are just looking to collect a paycheck or have fun during the day; this is a Sales Career. If you don't work fast you will need to learn. If you don't like working long hours (trust me its worth staying late when needed) then this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep the direction you have been going.

"Account Development Manager"

Current Employee - Account Development Manager in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Account Development Manager in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young working environment, 70+% are early college grads. Supportive training environment

Cons

"Sweat shop" Revolving door of employees. Low base rate and disgusting commission structure.

9. "Great people, tough job"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They’re upfront and honest. You will be making cold calls all day every day almost like a scavenger hunt. It gets exhausting but the work environment is very inviting and upbeat.

Cons

Cold calling is a tough gig, that’s all.

Advice to Management

Keep up the upbeat and honesty you guys already carry.

"Associate Recruiter"

Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a huge opportunity to make money with this company. There is also ample opportunity for advancement. It's a young company with a team atmosphere. Going to work is fun.

Cons

You have to work hard to reap the benefits. It requires the use of sales skills and self-motivation. They are not going to pay you the big bucks for lackadaisical effort.