KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Barton Associates Reviews

Updated Aug 15, 2022

Found 895 of over 934 reviews

3.2
Barton Associates President & COO Robert Indresano (no image)
Robert Indresano

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Horrible management only cold calling and was timed on everything.(in 61 reviews)
  • "Long hours and not many days off(in 60 reviews)
  • "Low pay, and they don't even provide coffee cups, stir sticks, or anything.(in 37 reviews)
  • "There is no work life balance(in 34 reviews)
  • "Your direct manager and the higher ups will be constantly down your throat about dials and numbers even when you are doing really well and you're above your numbers or you dial well over 100 people every day.(in 34 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Barton Associates and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love my job

Aug 15, 2022 - Account Executive in Keene, NH
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am super happy here, managers are extremely knowledgeable and I work closely with the higher ups.

Cons

Base salary could be higher

2. 2.0
    Current Employee

Over Worked for Little Pay

Aug 10, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

You learn a lot about sales tactics, you learn how to be on the phones, how to talk to businesses. If this is your first sales job, you will definitely learn some stuff I guess. They have full benefits and discounts which is cool.

Cons

Where do I start. We’ve had people quit after their first day, and on their first day. The turnover is insane. The job is making phone calls for nine and a half hours, 8-5:30 with a 30 min lunch. You get one hour of paid overtime every day so you work 45 hours every week. The salary is supposedly 40k as advertised but actually 30k since they tax all of it. We should be receiving 40k. They expect you to work work work, with virtually nothing in return. The commission they sell you on is taxed like 40-50%, you have to have sooo many assignments before you even start making decent commission money. The key is that you have to be here for at least 6 months, and then you can really pop off, apparently. And I really tried to stay that long. But dealing with terrible management that doesn’t care about you, only expects you to work like a mule, offers nothing but a simple “good job” and nothing else is sad. We dread coming to work every day.

1 person found this review helpful

Barton Associates Response

Senior Director of Talent Acquisition

Your review didn't share which office you worked at and I'd like to present your feedback with the appropriate managers. If you'd be open to it - please give me a call to discuss the details. Paying state and federal taxes on one's earnings is not something Barton has control over. However, our accounting/payroll team does a fantastic job ensuring the correct withholdings are made each pay cycle. We are very up front about our hours of operations and salary breakdown throughout the entire onboarding process. Barton invests heavily on providing the training, tools, mentorship and management one needs to thrive at the job. I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out here. Regards, Jonathan Retchin Senior Director of Talent Acquisition & Learning

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The management team should be investigated.

Aug 12, 2022 - Account Executive in Keene, NH
    Business Outlook

Pros

None: This place is a walking red flag.

Cons

Many many many cons to this job. - First, mental health awareness does not exist at this job nor do they actually care about your well being. I’ve seen fellow co-workers churn and burn and get diagnosed with mood disorders working here. - They force you to work 45 hours a week instead of 40. They do this so they have an excuse to pay you a terrible hourly rate. Yes hourly, not salary like their job description says, which is false advertising. - Commission structure is ridiculous when you consider the crazy markups they force their employees to upsell. You are paid terrible here for the amount of work you do. - Management picks favorites and those are the ones pushed into premature leadership roles and given high value clients. This company is walking nepotism. - Management of our division did not let someone take an unpaid day off of work to go to their friend’s funeral. I hope that sums up the culture.

Barton Associates Response

Senior Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing feedback. This review was shared shared with the appropriate management. At Barton Associates we provide a platform where one can rapidly increase their earnings and career based on the hard work they put forth. We offer one of the richest total compensation and benefits packages in the industry. We go over our pay structure in our interview process. I'm sorry things didn't work out. Regards, Jonathan Retchin Senior Director of Talent Acquisition & Learning

4. 5.0

Grow Here

Aug 12, 2022 - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I truly enjoy working at Barton Associates, my coworkers are great and I feel supported by management. This job can be difficult at times, but if you work hard, it is rewarding. The director wants to see you succeed and will go out of his way to encourage and help you with clients. There are unlimited opportunities here, you will never feel stagnant in your career. We also receive great benefits and are compensated well in commission.

Cons

The longer work days can be an adjustment, but it is a sales job and I see the benefit in it.

5. 5.0

#1 Medical Staffing Company

Aug 10, 2022 - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The room for growth here is great. As long as you have the work ethic and determination you can go far here and get recognized for your hard work on a daily basis. The new hire process here is a smooth transition with much help from those around you to make you feel comfortable.

Cons

Sometimes the office culture to be in from dusk till dawn with no remote access capability can be Deering, however I understand the energy that comes from an in office presence.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Entry Level To A Long Term Career

Aug 12, 2022 - Team Manager in Peabody, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Learning the business and the evolution of staffing. -Create a long term career of building your portfolio and pursuing a career here -Promote from within where you can grow and there is always room for growth. -Uncapped commision -You get what you put into this job( No effort=No Results) (Effort= $$) -First 3-6 months is an absolute grind but hard work does pay off. -Office Outings -Great Management -Bagel Fridays -Fun Fridays

Cons

-Work life balance is difficult

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great opportunity to grow in your career

Aug 10, 2022 - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Going into this job I had no idea what I signed up for. I am fresh out of college and just moved to a totally different state. I had never done sales before in my life. But, I am so glad i decided to go this route as a new change of pace. With a great director, amazing coworkers, good team managers they make the transition seamless. EVERYONE has the capability to make good money here if you work HARD. this is not a job to be lazy at and just mope around. you gotta have good work ethic and look forward to work everyday... like I do. I love to learn and grow everyday and I have only been here for two months and I am growing everyday. I love everyone I work with and it's such a great environment to surround yourself in. this job promotes within meaning if you work hard you WILL be noticed and management takes that into account.

Cons

The base salary is hard to get used to especially moving from a different state. I am managing but it is hard not gonna lie. But I told myself to stick it out because I am not a quitter. I have since stuck it out and I just got my first assignment which means incentive!! You just have to have patience with this job because the good money does not come right away. That was my hardest pill to swallow. So if you don't have the patience, work ethic, and have a negative mindset... let's face it you won't make money here. It only goes up from here for me and once you get your first assignment you are hungry for more. Patience is key here... The days are long but honestly I look forward going to work because of the people I work with!!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Opportunity to Grow Your Career

Aug 12, 2022 - Director of Marketing in Peabody, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Management pushes employees to grow and succeed - The industry is stable (even growing) compared - Opportunities in all departments to get promoted

Cons

It is New England so there are times when you will need to come into work when it is snowing. The AC is blasting all the time; bring a sweater.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great work environment and supportive team

Aug 12, 2022 - Recruiting Consultant in Peabody, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Incentive checks - Good training program - Supportive managers - Opportunity for growth - Fun Friday - Fun competitions - Office gym

Cons

- Only 30 minute lunch - Long days -Hard work- but pays off in the end

10. 4.0

Great Place to Build a Career

Aug 8, 2022 - Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Promotes From Within -Supportive Team -Fun Environment -Dedicated Employee Development -Hires Entry Level -Base Pay is raised and stays raised when you hit Goal -Management Training is like a full blown college course -Great medical insurance

Cons

-When you get promoted to Lead Recruiter there is no pay raise -Long hours -30 minute lunch -No Option to Work Remotely

Viewing 1 - 10 of 895 Reviews

Barton Associates Reviews FAQs

Barton Associates has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 934 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at Barton Associates to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Barton Associates employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Barton Associates. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

53% of Barton Associates employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Barton Associates 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Barton Associates to be workplace, coworkers, career development and the cons to be benefits, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Barton Associates Job Seekers