Batesville Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chris Trainor

1. "Love the team I work with."

Current Employee - Temporary in Manchester, TN
    Current Employee - Temporary in Manchester, TN

I have been working at Batesville full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Supervisor, coworkers, and communication. Pay is pretty decent for what I do. Hours are great for family life. Twenty.

Cons

Hard to get hired full time. Facilities are lacking, but not because of maintenance. Takes a few days to see caskets and not think of dead people.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys are doing.

2. "They could be great, but..."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Batesville, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Batesville, IN

I have been working at Batesville full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Somewhat innovative with brand recognition

Cons

They are not keeping up with a declining market, as they continue to raise prices and make the selling process difficult with bureaucracy. Shortages, manufacturing defects and damage during transportation is on the rise.

Advice to Management

No price increase and roll back prices on some legacy units. Put the products back on pallets and stop giving bonuses based on production. This leads to defective units. Buy industry related companies that compliment the brand.

3. "Do not trust lead guy or the supervisor"

Former Employee - CSC in New York, NY
    Former Employee - CSC in New York, NY

I worked at Batesville full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get to be outdoors

Cons

Lead guy is a joke. The supervisor shows too much favoritism. Shop steward lies and lies. Don't trust him. Keep your distance

Advice to Management

Stop acting like you own the company. The company have rules and you should follow them. Stop the favoritism. Stop putting people in charge just cause you guys are buddies. Stop sending defective caskets to customers hoping they won't notice it.

Batesville Response

May 1, 2017 – Manager, HR

Thank you for your feedback. This information will be shared with the appropriate parties.

"Company Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Batesville, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Batesville, IN

Pros

The family oriented culture at Batesville's is a rarity. Employees are very hardworking, passionate, and driven. Management has been interested in my personal career plan and development since day one and helps provide me the tools I need to meet my career goals.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons with working at Batesville.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster a culture where employees are encouraged and given the tools/support they need to advance in their careers. This is a great asset that Batesville management has embraced.

5. "It feels like home"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Batesville, IN
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Batesville, IN

I have been working at Batesville full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people that work for this organization are amazing. We definitely have a culture that is driven to be successful....we have high expectations and are very accountable for our results, but I appreciate working with individuals that strive to be the best. It helps me to strive to be my best. We also have lots of fun in our work....we have workforce engagement activities every month....sometimes it is putt putt in the office, pop-o-shot tournaments around March Madness, Halloween decorating contests, luncheons and picnics throughout the year. Working hard and playing hard is part of who we are.

The other thing that I love about our organization is the focus on developing our associates. If you want to grow and promote, we have the tools to help you....mentoring, stretch assignments, development plans.

Cons

While this hasn't been an issue for me personally, I have seen some associates struggle with a work/life balance. There are definitely flexible work arrangements during these busy periods.

Advice to Management

Please continue to value the associates of this organization. I appreciate the recognition programs, benefits/compensation and bonus opportunities.

6. "CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Midwest City, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Midwest City, OK

Pros

Great pay and benefits with a casual work environment clearly defined workplace roles.

Cons

No work life balance and managers who want to make changes for the purpose of making changes.

Advice to Management

Don't place such unrealistic schedules on your employees and understand. They have family commitments outside of work.

7. "Ok place to work"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Manchester, TN
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Manchester, TN

I worked at Batesville (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth potential is decent if you know the right people.

Cons

You have to know the right people.

Advice to Management

See assets when you have them, not when they leave.

8. "Great company to work for!!!"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Consultant in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Consultant in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Batesville full-time

Pros

Great organization, serving funeral homes to honor the lives of those they loved the most!

Cons

With the cremation rate rising, the market is becoming very difficult with traditional burials

9. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

I worked at Batesville full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tenured sales force. Solid leadership that was field centric. The middle management team worked very well together towards the common goal. The company took a sincere interest in development at the territory and sales management levels and offered exposure to many leadership opportunities throughout the organization.

Cons

The organization was sometimes slow to change strategy as the market began to change. Some of the smaller customers felt that the organization was too big to care about their business.

"Not too bad"

Former Employee - Interior Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Interior Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Batesville (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, they have a union even though not the best union, they still fight for higher wages.

Cons

While the pay is not too bad, you will work for every penny that you make there. Upper management is about a joke, and like every other place they are concerned more with money then the people. They only have one shift, which is 1st.

Advice to Management

Start treating your workers the way that they were treated when the Hillenbrand Family was still involved. The better you treat your employees the better product you will get out. It's not about Quantity, it should be quality like it use to be.