Bath Planet Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Reg Sales Mgr"

Current Employee - Western US Sales Manager in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Current Employee - Western US Sales Manager in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I have been working at Bath Planet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Totally committed to quality and customer service

Cons

There are no downsides to working with Bath Planey

"marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing in Streamwood, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Streamwood, IL

I have been working at Bath Planet part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

they will work around your schedual. that is nice

Cons

do not trust management ,there is always questions about bonus,many many people question this . there is no 3,000 drawing. that is fraud.there were cruise giveaways when asked the names subject changed.people asked me at different events who were the winners.when you have a legit drawing names need to be mentioned, and posted

Advice to Management

be honest not shady when an employee asks a question be strait.show proof in call center where those appointments went period

"Big problems across the board."

I have been working at Bath Planet part-time

Pros

Not much. Good hourly pay for starting positions, and unsupervised. That's about it.

Cons

I don't even know where to start. I guess I'll do some bullet points.

- Absurd commute time to most events, which you are not compensated for. (Have driven over 70 miles to and from an event, did not get a penny in compensation. Is this even legal?)

- Hours never consistent (We keep hiring new people for no reason. We are not working any different or new events, yet we hire new people and cut hours for existing employees and give them to the new hires. We are not hiring people to replace people who have quit or been fired, we are literally hiring just to hire.)

- Shady Comission (Let me explain this one; We are promised $25 for every appointment we book that goes to a demo or a sale. Myself along with many of my coworkers feel we are being lied to and shorted out of our commission. I have had pay stubs where I booked over ten appointments during the two week period, and only been paid for one. With the money this branch brings in, are you seriously telling me 90% of our appointments don't even at least demo? Come on. We have no way to verify which of our appointments went to demos or sales, because management does not let us access that information. I firmly believe we are being scammed out of commission money.)

- Unprofessional business practices (When we submit leads to our call center, they call non stop. At least twice a day, every day, until they get an answer. I have had many "raffle entrees" approach me about this, and ask me to get us to stop calling. I have had someone offer to show me their call history on their phone, and we had literally been calling this individual three times a day for over a month. I showed him how to block our number on his phone so we wouldn't bother him anymore. I bet we still try call him, too.)

- Deceiving customers (Our main way to generate leads is through our raffle. We promote a "raffle" where you can win one, two, or three thousand dollars off of a bathroom. The truth is, this raffle never ends and everybody wins. Not a single person who enters will not "win" this raffle. On top of that, nobody wins the two or three thousand off. Everybody wins one thousand off. And because our prices are so absurdly overpriced, we are able to act like we are "giving a discount" when the reality is we just overcharge and act like the customer gets a good deal.)

- Punishment for speaking up (I have spoken up about my concerns with Bath Planet to management, and subsequently my hours were cut. The following week I worked fourteen less hours than I did the week before. We had no new hires. This has happened to other employees as well. This is a common occurrence here; if you question our methods or speak up about an issue, you will get less hours. They just want you to shut up and work.)

- Poor training (We basically have no training. We are given some brochures and lead sheets, and told an outline of what to pitch. Your first shift, you will work alongside somebody, and after that you're on your own. The person you work with is not somebody who is qualified to train you or even knows they're supposed to train you; they're just another coworker. I have been here for a while, and still don't know much about our product.)

- Mind numbing work (I promise that this will be the most boring job you will ever have. You stand at displays for hours, doing nothing but pitching or sitting and staring blankly waiting for people to pitch to.)

- Absolutely zero opportunity for advancement (There literally is no advancement here. We have people who have been here for a very long time, some over five and even ten years, who are still working at the same displays in the same malls they started in.)

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with employees. Let us see how many of our appointments demo or go to sales, and let us see our sales revenue we have earned for the company thus far. Let us not have to worry that we are being scammed out of commission by letting us access that information on who we signed that turned into a sale, and when it happened. There is no valid reason not to do this; what harm could it do?

Train your employees better, and teach them more about the company.

Accept and welcome criticism and concerns from employees, do not punish them for it or brush it off. If an employee expresses concern or criticism, it shows that they care.

"Window & Siding Planet- Streamwood"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Streamwood, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Streamwood, IL

I worked at Bath Planet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This review is for Window & Siding Planet, an extension of Bath Planet. Nothing good to say about the company.

Cons

I had posted this review 2 weeks ago. I was contacted and asked to remove the review. I had accepted the apology initially, but as I examine the situation and my current position, I do not feel it is moral for me to let someone else fall into the situation that I did.

I was initially hired on as a "marketing manager in training"
    I was explained to that I would be working a few shifts as a product demonstrator (the position I would be managing) as long as some time working on campaigns. I was informed I would be making 18 an hour, full time, and that I would move to salary shortly. I had a job at the time I was very successful at with a salary of 43,000. I made it clear that I was only looking to move to a position with a salary of 50,000. I was told that would not be an issue. I inquired about weekends, because my girlfriend and I are only able to see each other on the weekends. I was told I would work a few, but not every weekend.

Fast forward to starting the job, I was sent to Dupage County Fair on my first day. I had no instruction other than an address. I ended up needing to pay to get in, and never had any training. Overall I worked the entire week there, with a total of 10 mins of training. The training was a person telling me to get people to sign up for a raffle. They would then use this information from the raffle as contact information for lead generation. I received no information on when where or how this raffle was draw. Throughout my employment, I was informed that when I wasn't getting a lot of contacts, to ditch pitching windows and siding, and just to get contact info for the raffle. "It's a numbers game, we need more people to call."

Through my time there, I was just scheduled at Yorktown Mall, trying to gather leads. I was no moving to marketing Manager and everyone I spoke to that was a co-worker informed me I had been mislead, apparently this is a common trend for those hired.

I spent a total of 20 minutes, and that was only to fill out employee paperwork that was done 2 weeks late. I would every weekend, which I had attempted to clarify in the interview.

At the end of my employment, my hours were being cut because of company productivity. At this point I had finally accepted the fact that I was tricked and I must get out of the situation.

I am 27 with a bachelors degree and had a successful job, until I was tricked into a position where I was collecting names and addresses in a mall.

I had posted this and taken it down after request from the company, but looking at my current situation, this job was a major set back to my life. Jeopardizing my professional career and personal life that I have worked hard to achieve. While I may not be able to repair things in my situation, I would like others to avoid making the same mistakes.

To future applicants, don't repeat my mistakes, get everything in your job description in writing.

Advice to Management

Accept your mistakes, correct them.

"Good, but had some problems"

I have been working at Bath Planet part-time

Pros

Very easy work. Laid back environment and pretty friendly co workers, as well as monthly optional social outings to get to know co workers better. Pay is amazing considering the difficulty of the work, and the commission incentives give a huge boost to your checks if you work for it. More often than not you will work unsupervised and alone, which is what I prefer as it lets me focus on improving my skill in sales and customer service without having to worry about coworkers seeing if I mess up. Also, a lot of the places you will work at have food joints that will give you discounts (I get a 20% discount at a couple malls I work at.) You are free to take a break when you need to without having to ask (in moderation of course) and if you need days off and request in advance, management is almost always going to give it to you if you ask a week or two ahead. Company does genuinely great work, and I was at first worried by how simple it was to get hired, but I actually enjoy representing Bath Planet.

Cons

Some locations you will work at are very far. I have had hour and a half drives to and from events before. You are not compensated for gas. In my opinion, the quotas for leads per hour is a bit unfair to people working at some crappier events. For example, I worked one event, eight hours and got about 30 leads. I then worked another event for 8 hours, 12 leads. Your performance is partially dependent on if you win the lottery for who gets to work the best event that week.

Advice to Management

Adjust the quotas to be more fair for the people working slower events. Place workers at events based on where they live and not at random. I have had an event that was less than ten miles from my house, but instead I had to drive thirty miles to a different one.

6. "Good Job for anyone looking for entry level positions"

I have been working at Bath Planet full-time

Pros

What I like about this job is all of the goals and how all the team members are driven to accomplish these goals that lead to the companies success. You are part of a team here and all the owner Paul D. asks is that we give nothing less than your best.

Cons

In the call center (the heart of the company) it is not often if at all that your hourly pay will be raised, but the new commission structure does make up for what the hourly pay lacks. You have to motivate yourself to get the most Appointments.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with call center about the script.

"Great Company Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales & Design Consultant/Event Manager in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Sales & Design Consultant/Event Manager in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Bath Planet full-time

Pros

Bath Planet provides a supportive no nonsense atmosphere that allows all the opportunity for growth that one wants.

Cons

None of you are self motivated and willing to fully commit.

Advice to Management

Continue your efforts to keep an open door policy and encourage input from all team members.
    Your willingness to revise your business plan and processes in order to achieve stretch goals is admirable.

8. "Excellent working enviroment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Bath Planet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked here since the beginning of 2016. I have to say, the owner Jack is a great person who takes care of his people and takes care of his customers. Very good place to work.

Cons

I have no complaints as of yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

9. "Event Manager"

Pros

Its a great company that offers a great product. The management team puts the right people to get the jobs installed. The customer has a great experience.

Cons

The team here has been great. It's been nice to be in a growing organization.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. "THE BEST"

Current Employee - Owner Operator in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Owner Operator in West Palm Beach, FL

Pros

The team and the products are the best in the business. I have been working with them for 14 years and have enjoyed everything about it.

Cons

I don't have any at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.