Bath Planet Reviews | Glassdoor

"This is a great place"

Current Employee - Business Development in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Business Development in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Bath Planet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture of Bath Planet is nothing less than awesome. Each day is something new and exciting. You get to help customers out to get the Bath they deserve and need.

Cons

Not really, every job has its ups and downs.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Streamwood, IL

I have been working at Bath Planet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management/Owner expects the best from all of us. It is a team atmosphere and we are all pushed daily to hit our respective goals. We expect the most out of ourselves and everyone that works here. Our goal is to make everyone better.

Cons

People resistant to change. Some people are not willing to invest in themselves to get better. As a manager sometimes we see potential and talent, but unfortunately some people do not see it in themselves. Change is a positive thing. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

3. "brand ambassador"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Streamwood, IL
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Streamwood, IL

I worked at Bath Planet part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

i have nothing good to say about this company

Cons

harassment in the workplace, toxic work enviroment

Advice to Management

when a manager does something wrong to do not cover it up and blame it on the employee,

4. "Honest review: Event Staff"

Former Employee - Event Staff
    Former Employee - Event Staff

I worked at Bath Planet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- You can work part time or full time
    - You get an hourly pay, plus commission/bonus upside.
    - Company is growing in several ways
    - (I guess this is a pro) if you put your best foot forward and talk to as many people as you can at a show/event, then you can earn a “livable” paycheck
    - The best producers get the most hours and the best shows.
    - Several forms of training are provided.

Cons

- Days can feel VERY long
    - No work-life balance. Depending on your schedule, you will work a combination of late nights, early mornings, and weekends.
    - Since Shows and events are all around the Chicagoland area, you will be driving A LOT. 1000% recommend that you get an I-Pass.
    - You have to deal with a ton of rejection
    - Like most companies, they are focused on the bottom line.

Advice to Management

Consistently paying for gas and tolls can really add up and cut into the paycheck. Some kind of weekly, bi-weekly or monthly stipend to help subsidize our gas and tolls would boost morale.

Since this position is considered “the face of the company” I think you need to give some serious thought about who you are hiring on to the event staff team. Some people who get hired give us a terrible, unprofessional look.

Take into consideration where people live. Try to schedule them at events that are closer in proximity to where they live.

5. "Admin/HR"

Current Employee - Administrative/Human Resources in Streamwood, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative/Human Resources in Streamwood, IL

I have been working at Bath Planet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

All "Pros". I had been employed by this co for 1 yr & then moved out of state to help a family member. After 1 yr out of state I returned to work for Bath Planet. I would not have come back to this company if I didn't enjoy the company and it's employees so much!! Nice place to work. We work hard, but laugh hard too. It's rare that you work for a company where EVERYONE gets along!!

Cons

There are no Cons. The people are the nicest people to work for and with at both the Streamwood location and Libertyville location (Corp office). No matter what position! All fantastic.

Advice to Management

N/A

6. "BathPlanet in Streamwood, il"

I have been working at Bath Planet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, good atmosphere, get paid on performance

Cons

Sometimes can have crazy hours, but we have to do what we have to do!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Outside sales"

I worked at Bath Planet full-time

Pros

Office close to my home.

Cons

Rip sales reps on commissions and skimpy on leads.

Advice to Management

Get someone that has some scruples to run your office.

"Window & Siding Planet- Streamwood"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Streamwood, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Streamwood, IL

I worked at Bath Planet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This review is for Window & Siding Planet, an extension of Bath Planet. Nothing good to say about the company.

Cons

I had posted this review 2 weeks ago. I was contacted and asked to remove the review. I had accepted the apology initially, but as I examine the situation and my current position, I do not feel it is moral for me to let someone else fall into the situation that I did.

I was initially hired on as a "marketing manager in training"
    I was explained to that I would be working a few shifts as a product demonstrator (the position I would be managing) as long as some time working on campaigns. I was informed I would be making 18 an hour, full time, and that I would move to salary shortly. I had a job at the time I was very successful at with a salary of 43,000. I made it clear that I was only looking to move to a position with a salary of 50,000. I was told that would not be an issue. I inquired about weekends, because my girlfriend and I are only able to see each other on the weekends. I was told I would work a few, but not every weekend.

Fast forward to starting the job, I was sent to Dupage County Fair on my first day. I had no instruction other than an address. I ended up needing to pay to get in, and never had any training. Overall I worked the entire week there, with a total of 10 mins of training. The training was a person telling me to get people to sign up for a raffle. They would then use this information from the raffle as contact information for lead generation. I received no information on when where or how this raffle was draw. Throughout my employment, I was informed that when I wasn't getting a lot of contacts, to ditch pitching windows and siding, and just to get contact info for the raffle. "It's a numbers game, we need more people to call."

Through my time there, I was just scheduled at Yorktown Mall, trying to gather leads. I was no moving to marketing Manager and everyone I spoke to that was a co-worker informed me I had been mislead, apparently this is a common trend for those hired.

I spent a total of 20 minutes, and that was only to fill out employee paperwork that was done 2 weeks late. I would every weekend, which I had attempted to clarify in the interview.

At the end of my employment, my hours were being cut because of company productivity. At this point I had finally accepted the fact that I was tricked and I must get out of the situation.

I am 27 with a bachelors degree and had a successful job, until I was tricked into a position where I was collecting names and addresses in a mall.

I had posted this and taken it down after request from the company, but looking at my current situation, this job was a major set back to my life. Jeopardizing my professional career and personal life that I have worked hard to achieve. While I may not be able to repair things in my situation, I would like others to avoid making the same mistakes.

To future applicants, don't repeat my mistakes, get everything in your job description in writing.

Advice to Management

Accept your mistakes, correct them.

9. "Good Job for anyone looking for entry level positions"

I have been working at Bath Planet full-time

Pros

What I like about this job is all of the goals and how all the team members are driven to accomplish these goals that lead to the companies success. You are part of a team here and all the owner Paul D. asks is that we give nothing less than your best.

Cons

In the call center (the heart of the company) it is not often if at all that your hourly pay will be raised, but the new commission structure does make up for what the hourly pay lacks. You have to motivate yourself to get the most Appointments.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with call center about the script.

"Reg Sales Mgr"

Current Employee - Western US Sales Manager in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Current Employee - Western US Sales Manager in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I have been working at Bath Planet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Totally committed to quality and customer service

Cons

There are no downsides to working with Bath Planey