Bath & Body Works Reviews in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Bath & Body Works CEO Nick Coe
Nick Coe

1. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bath & Body Works (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great product and fun with team!

Cons

Long nights for store sets and holiday hours.

Advice to Management

Succession Planning

2. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very easy going workplace and positive environment

Cons

Hours where always cut and shipment was always done by one person.

3. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bath & Body Works (More than a year)

Pros

Loved working with customers, coworkers and managers were so much fun to work with. The pay was great and I loved the company.

Cons

Shifts were cancelled pretty often and the days that we did work, we stayed much later than scheduled. So overall it's not a completely reliable schedule.

"Stressful Work, Bad Hourly Pay"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lotion sampling while working, fair discounts at BBW, Victoria's Secret, and Express (L Brands Companies), and customers are usually nice because they love the product.

Cons

Terrible training, terrible turnover (in the time I worked there for 6 months, about 75% of employees and top management left), bad pay ($7.50 is NOT enough for having to do everything there as expected), standing for hours, 8 hour+ shifts during holiday season, no flexibility in scheduling, all-nighter store set changes, managers treat you like 12 year olds. I also didn't like how there were employees who had been working there for years who go around acting like managers when they aren't. I did a better job than them at selling the products, they will just push everyone into trying and buying stuff, but no customers like that.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees better who work there the most!

"Overworked and underpaid"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bath & Body Works full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company does do a good job of recognizing your achievements and rewarding associates and managers with gratis, gifts cards and awards.

Cons

Low pay. No work life balance especially during the holidays. You will work on thanksgiving. The amount of physical work is way more than expected and desired.

6. "Overall Great Part Time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company that cares about their employees.

Cons

During the holidays be prepared to be worked to death.

7. "Good company, but has lost focus on Culture."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bath & Body Works full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Benefits. Culture is good in some stores, but it depends on the culture built by the DM in each area.

Cons

Zero work/life balance. Long hours expected with no overtime pay for salaried employees. Basically work all holidays. Culture can be terrible. Recently started pushing out all tenured managers for people from outside of the company, but have since lost everyone they hired.

Advice to Management

Know what you are breeding. If you gossip with people about their co-workers, it builds a terrible environment. Focus on giving realistic actionable advice that helps your stores meet those numbers you are shoving in their faces. Numbers focused coaching is not helpful.

"Tough place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They give flexible hours based on your availability and there are some gratis items you can earn by doing demos.

Cons

Home life is hard to maintain with the requirements of this job. Managers tend to back-room manage meaning that they are no help with running the store but expect a lot to be done with very little hours. Stores are run with only one person a great part of the day. Associates are given call-in shifts where they expected to be available but only given the work if the store needs them. The company stresses customer service but the tasking is expected is great and the stores do not have enough hours to do it all. This is a very poorly run company.

Advice to Management

Check on store managers without giving warnings. Give more hours so that the stores can be run properly and the customers can be taken care of instead of being an after thought. Give positive feedback instead of constant negatives and super high expectations.

9. "An okay retail job"

Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, got a fair share of gratis, quality products, and overall friendly customers. Coworkers mad the job fun, even during stressful times like Black Friday and all around Christmas.

Cons

Floorsets are ridiculous. Working from 10pm-6am with no additional pay should be illegal.
    Rarely used employee discount. The coupons given to customers are better. Management hires an influx of new employees around the holiday season, which greatly reduces everyone's hours. Management focuses entirely on sales and making "segments" so they can get their bonuses.

Advice to Management

Don't make associates give "hand massages." Some people aren't comfortable touching others, and that's okay. Try not to focus so much on making your segments and focus more on keeping the customer happy.

10. "Great People; Fun Job"

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with some of the sweetest people in the world! My managers were all great.

You get free samples of all the latest products.

I won contests I didn't even know I was in! Prizes are free products in your choice of fragrance.

Lots of training, including week-end meetings which were fun (and we were paid for attending) I'm older than most employees, and my managers were very patient with me.

Cons

We were guaranteed only 2 or 3 hours of work a week. But during holidays & special sales, they needed us a LOT. And occasionally at other times, I'd stop by just to make a purchase, & be asked to clock in & work a few hours. It was feast or famine!

The registers are terribly outdated. Very slow check out process. Every day I worked -- literally -- I saw one or another of the managers struggling to correct a mistake on a customer's bill. It would take 20-30 minutes before the manager gave up & just gave the customer what (s)he wanted.

They keep cutting back on popular fragrances for new ones.

Advice to Management

Change for its own sake isn't necessarily good.

Showing 14 of 2,703 reviews