Bath & Body Works "gratis" Reviews | Glassdoor

Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews about "gratis"

Updated Dec 6, 2019

3.6
Bath & Body Works CEO Nick Coe
Nick Coe
1,259 Ratings
Pros
  • "Free gratis items when new products come out(in 316 reviews)

• "Company gives you free products to try(in 229 reviews)

Reviews about "gratis"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly team, competitive pay for retail, often got free products to try (called gratis)

Cons

On your feet for the entire shift but that’s expected w retail.

Bath & Body Works2019-11-11
  2. "Season Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time for less than a year

Pros

Gratis items 30% discount on L brand owned store Coworkers were so helpful and sweet. Good for people home and/or with no income during the holidays.

Cons

Don’t go into the place expecting to do many hours(I was hired in October and I worked a total of maybe 5 days, all were 3-4 hour shifts) Definitely will need to get a second job to supplement this. Can get extremely busy but overall was a nice experience to have and apply the lessons to all aspects of your life

Advice to Management

Since this is a multi billion dollar company, there isn’t a need to constantly force your workers to shove product to already loyal customers faces, who already come in and drop literally $100-$200 and more at once. It’s overwhelming to both the customer and employees.

Bath & Body Works2019-12-07

"Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Bath & Body Works full-time for more than a year

Pros

It’s like any retail job that’s fast pace and demands a lot with little payroll. Trying to beat LY through conversion growth. The company really tries there best to make it a great place to work with gratis (free product) and to inspire leaders with emails, and conference calls. It truly depends on your DM if you enjoy it or not. S/he can really make your job harder than it needs to be. You really don’t have any... SM conferences unless you are on of the 20 stores that have an amazing 4th quarter, and of course DM’s get to go and get all this cool stuff to keep them inspired but little happens for SM’s and ASM’s. You and your ASM will work your butts off and your schedule will be micro managed by the DM. Your DM will always have the customers back over yours even if the customers treat you like crap you have to take it. Growth is hard to come by as there is no succession plan. Even if you express that you want to grow you will not be leveraged. You will just stay an SM for 10+ years, some are lucky enough to live in a great city and not have that problem or have great DM’s that will advocate for them.

Cons

-Floorsets are not given enough payroll (the work load is always more than the payroll given) -DM’s micro manage their SM’s -Regionals will say their coming and never come. Have the same respect for your store leaders as you want for yourself.

Advice to Management

Have your employees back, we are people too. This is why customers treat employees badly because they know you don’t have our back even if their wrong. Show your SM/ASM more appreciation and show your DM’s how to do that as well. It will trickle down.

Bath & Body Works2019-11-08

"Lied about the real aspects about seasonal (Kingstowne)"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers were great Pay is better than most places Gratis Employee discount

Cons

Training sucks and didn't teach me what they said they would. No scheduling beside days such as black friday, etc.; nothing else in between.

Advice to Management

When you tell a seasonal the won't won't get many hours. Tell them the truth and say the only time they'll come is to "train" and on important days such as black friday, nothing else in between. Train every new person the same; never got to train on the register even though you stated I would be.

Bath & Body Works2019-11-24

"Horrible"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time for less than a year

Pros

Gratis every month and everything smells nice

Cons

Ecerything is a con. They dropped me to 5 hrs a week for no good reason, they cut hour's pressure you to sell with no regard for the customers.

Bath & Body Works2019-11-14
  6. "Not what they used to be"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bath & Body Works full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is very nice gratis

Cons

Used to be all about customer service, the customer service is now less important than sales.

Advice to Management

Go back to the customer service that made you successful.

Bath & Body Works2019-10-11

"It was great at first"

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bath & Body Works full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- opportunities to move up based on good performance - lots of employee training and education - lots of gratis

Cons

- hours (not very flexible and often worked overtime- which is bad if you have a family or are going to school- good if you're looking to make more money) - pay for the amount of work they want from this position- it was basically being manager without the pay or title while management got away with doing less (at least in my experience). - retaliation was a problem at least within my store/district - meeting or... exceeding sales goals never seemed to be good enough, district leaders often made you feel like you weren't good enough at your job.

Advice to Management

- praise when we are successful - work with us to see growth - protect employees fro retaliation - listen to suggestions/advice from sales associates , floor set associates, sales leads and people aside from management.

Bath & Body Works2019-10-04

"So many problems"

Current Employee - Keyholder

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

MOS sale Fast paced Will work with schedule sometimes Gratis

Cons

Made to feel bad if you have a life outside of work Cannot request off time during November and December So fast paced- unrealistic expectations of things to get done during shift Everything is everyone else’s fault I have to pump at work, and there is nowhere to do so besides open back room

Advice to Management

I’m not sure how a company of mostly women gets away with only providing pumping mothers with a small, dark tent to pump in. This is breaking the LAW!! Provide smaller stores with more hours. We mostly run on single coverage and are expected to get everything done and focus 100% on customers. Seriously Bath and Body Works, you make enough money. Do better for your employees!!

Bath & Body Works2019-10-04
  9. "Fun and Hectic"

Current Employee - Sales Support in North Riverside, IL

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free gratis items when new products come out Friendly work environment

Cons

Headaches from all the scents Store can get messy quick on busy days

Bath & Body Works2019-08-27
  10. "Good work environment"

Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time for more than a year

Pros

Gratis, free items whenever new items come out. Very positive work experience, great management and they really teach you how to do everything you need to know. Pretty good music playlists. Employee discount can be used at VS and Pink too. Smells great! If you work here long enough, you can become a manager pretty easily. (multiple years) Lots of hours during summer and winter for the semiannual sales and... Christmas season, so good for student employees in particular. Flexible with giving days off and any time off needed, I took off 2 months at a time once and get any days off I ask off. I think this is a great job and it is not boring, there is always something to do. If you are not a manager, this can only be a part time job and honestly this should be either your second job or maybe your only job if you are in school.

Cons

Call in shifts where you are scheduled for *blank* hours but half of your shift is "call in" where they tell you during your shift if you stay later or not. Being called in in days off hours in advance. Short shifts of 3-5 hours. Not many hours, and not consistent week to week. 30% employee discount only on full price items, not any sales or deals. Closing shift doesn't get out at specific time, you leave when... everything is done.

Advice to Management

Stop with the call in shifts and calling people in on days off. Hours are iffy here and that is my only main concern. I am currently in college and looking for another part time job to supplement this one. I am not going to leave B&BW thought because I love this job!

Bath & Body Works2019-08-24