Baton Rouge Charter Academy at Mid City Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 3 reviews

2.0
  1. "Spanish Teacher"

Former Employee - Spanish Teacher in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Baton Rouge Charter Academy at Mid City full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The principal did an excellent job keeping the school together and running smoothly. About 70 percent of the faculty and staff were very efficient. Great learning environment. Clean facilities. There is a great need in that area for a school like Baton Rouge Charter Academy. Personally, I enjoyed helping my students to learn not only a foreign language, but also helping them to become well educated, and caring individuals.

Cons

Long hours. I taught from K-7 grade students. I performed the job of two teachers. The work load was immense. The school was understaffed, with no assistant principal for half of the year.

Advice to Management

Please be aware that your schools are adequately staffed. It will prevent the burn-out of teachers and management. The teacher-pupil ration most be balanced, for many reasons: state mandate, safety of our faculty and students, etc.

Baton Rouge Charter Academy at Mid City2015-06-08

"Teaching"

Former Employee - Teacher in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Baton Rouge Charter Academy at Mid City

Pros

You would not want to work there because they have no respect for you and what you do.The kids are out of control and the principal is very disrespectful,she is not professional at all.That would be the last place I would every want to work.

Cons

They just not professional at all.And will curse you out low to the ground.The kids don't learn anything because the teachers are too busy working on discipline.

Advice to Management

Close it down it won't work.

Baton Rouge Charter Academy at Mid City2015-08-25
  3. "Behavior is a problem!"

I have been working at Baton Rouge Charter Academy at Mid City

Pros

The rapport I built with my colleagues.

Cons

Constant behavior problems with little to no disciplinary action.

Baton Rouge Charter Academy at Mid City2014-06-04