Baton Rouge General Patient Transporter Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Baton Rouge General CEO Edgardo Tenreiro
Edgardo Tenreiro
0 Rating
  1. "I don't recommend transport"

Current Contractor - Patient Transporter

I have been working at Baton Rouge General

Pros

Great hospital to work at. Discount on food. Easy to get along with people. Have had great patient experiences.

Cons

My department needs so many changes. People call out or don't show up all together way too much. Some coworkers will cherry pick jobs to do that are easier while I had to do harder requests. Management does not do a thing to help make our job fair. Management's choice of supervisors and leads is horrible. We are not compensated enough for all the crap we put up with. Other departments treats us so unfairly that it makes the job aggravating to be at.

Baton Rouge General2019-10-19
  2. "Busy yet satisfying"

Current Employee - Patient Transporter

I have been working at Baton Rouge General part-time

Pros

Exposure to many hospital departments

Cons

Exhausting physical work that is not adequately compensated.

Baton Rouge General2019-08-07
  3. "Patient Transporter"

Current Contractor - Patient Transporter in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Baton Rouge General for less than a year

Pros

Work the entire hospital so we see a lot. Flexible hours.

Cons

The nurses we work with talk down to us often. Lazy coworkers who sit and do nothing while on the clock with no repercussions. Often not enough people scheduled at one time, so there is a big workload on just a few people who actually work while on the clock. Sometimes people show up late or just don’t show up at all. No opportunity for raises and we are already very underpaid for all that we do. We are contracted and PRN so there are no benefits. I do believe no other hospital in the BR area contracts it’s transporters so it’s understandable that some are looking elsewhere. I feel like I am not appreciated or valued. Our equipment desperately needs an upgrade.

Continue reading
    Baton Rouge General2019-02-14

"Patient Transporter"

Former Employee - Patient Transporter in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Baton Rouge General part-time for more than a year

Pros

This job is self scheduling and you only are required to work 4 hours (one shift) per week. The shifts were 4 hours, so it worked well to be able to work after classes. The job itself was fairly simple, although it could get busy at times.

Cons

There were many times where I would be working non-stop only to find my coworkers sitting down not doing anything while on the clock. Since management is big on being timely in our jobs, this problem was brought up to them multiple times and was never resolved. Part time employees do not get raises. I started at $9 an hour and two years later as an experienced and valued employee, I was making the same pay.

Continue reading
    Baton Rouge General2015-10-07

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews