Battery Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Brad Streelman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great cooperation among sales staff (in 2 reviews)

• The laid back atmosphere, in general, is probably the only positive about this sad excuse of a company (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • No training, terrible pay & bonuses, and no support from the management (in 2 reviews)

• A unique mix of poorly trained, unprofessional, and condescending management combined with a lackluster sales team (in 2 reviews)

1. "Not bad at all"

Current Employee - Warehouse Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Warehouse Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Battery Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay for managers and sales staff.

Cons

A work in progress at the time. Unsure how they fair currently.

2. "Overall, GREAT!"

I have been working at Battery Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I appreciate the training and attention from my manager. He makes work fun with wellness challenges and awards when our whole team hits their personal goal numbers, or when we all complete our monthly training ahead of schedule. The focus on wellness health and safety is genuine and effective in moving forward life changes for the better. Battery Systems is the best company that I have worked for.

Cons

I would like to see more opportunity for face to face connection between locations. I know we are spread out across the nation, but maybe more regional trainings being offered.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all that you do. I appreciate that you give managers the freedom to reward their people, and I certainly feel rewarded working here.

"Listen!!"

I have been working at Battery Systems full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in, good co-workers. Healthy eats! Support is there when needed.

Cons

OK pay to start off at then forget about any raises. Unreachable bonus numbers. Unrealistic about our Centennial name competing with other brands with great name recognition, and they don't listen to the sales team regarding pricing.

Advice to Management

Listen to your sales team. We're the ones in the streets seeing what's actually going on with pricing, not someone in a suit or someone saying "I heard this is what going on from this competitive company" they're just throwing you line to see if you bite and we do every single time.

4. "Purchasing Asstant"

I worked at Battery Systems full-time

Pros

Great people to work for.

Cons

Communication between departments was not good

"Just another employee"

Pros

Benefits are ok, they could be better

Cons

Upper Management is a joke

Advice to Management

Hire upper managers that actually care about employees

6. "Almost 10 years of service!"

Current Employee - Operation Manager/Quality Assurance in Garden Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Operation Manager/Quality Assurance in Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at Battery Systems (More than 8 years)

Pros

Safety conscious, Team atmosphere, great support staff, best products available, great pay and benefits to offer, top of the line equipment in our facilities and the best fleet of vehicles anyone could ask for!

Cons

No cons to report at all.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work taking care of your people!

"Worst Experience Ever"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Battery Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The laid back atmosphere, in general, is probably the only positive about this sad excuse of a company. Maybe the free merchandise is another. Sadly, the three years of service at Battery Systems is something I'd prefer to forget.

Cons

Everything about Battery Systems is a "con". Literally. From the useless and embarrassing interview process, to the inconsequential training & support, this Mickey Mouse company is good for one thing - providing totally unskilled jobs to the kind of people who would ordinarily be working the night shift in McDonalds. The products are pathetically average. Just ask the majority of the customers. Please, read the reviews on this website.…

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the above mentioned moronic half-wits, please. I can't wait for the day that your company falls apart.

"So bad, it's funny."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Battery Systems full-time

Pros

It's heartening to see so many accurate reviews on Glassdoor, and I am definitely not talking about the reviews with more than two stars. The shallowness of the HR guy's responses to previous reviews just asserts what I already knew about Battery Systems. They are not a company to waste your time with, trust me. They are not a company that cares about you, at all. And they are certainly not a company that has a shred of loyalty. The previous reviews sum up what's wrong with Battery Systems. Just take a look at the amount of people who have clicked on the "helpful" tab at the end of the honest/real reviews (as opposed to the clearly fake positive reviews). Someone in HR has way too much time on their hands I think.

Cons

Without hesitation I can tell you that the vast majority of the positive reviews are being left by the same person, and not by genuinely happy employees, current or otherwise. This company and everything it stands for, is a bad egg. No training, terrible pay & bonuses, and no support from the management. Quite honestly you would be better off going to work at Burger King. At least they'd provide you with some job satisfaction, free food, a uniform and a similar rate of pay (without the BS).

Advice to Management

Read the honest reviews on Glassdoor. Believe me, they're very real. Stay away from the HR-fueled positive reviews. I have no advice, simply because it's a waste of time. The conceited, self-serving management/owner think they've figured it all out. Time will tell.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paso Robles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paso Robles, CA

Pros

Consistent job, payroll came on time.

Cons

Poor pay, high expectations without any real value added to a generic product

Advice to Management

Get creative

"Working with a team that cares."

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Battery Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

From top to bottom a great team to be a part of for last 5 years. It is fun to come to work everyday that is hard to find in a company.

Cons

Sometimes not enough time in a day to get everything done. But I rather be busy then waiting for the phone to ring.