Baudville Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Graphic Production Artist in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Graphic Production Artist in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Baudville full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed environment (even during the stressful seasons), good selection of coworkers, and good quality of work.

Cons

Communication was some times not fully understood because of the different software systems. Not really much to complain about.

Advice to Management

Thorough communication is key.

"Fun, Supportive Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

Baudville has a culture of teamwork and fun making it an enjoyable place to work. Everyone enjoys coming to work here.

Employees go out of their way to make you feel welcome and are eager to help each other with projects or assignments.

The company does a lot to recognize employees and celebrates company milestones with small treats, lunches, casual days and events.

Team sizes are small, so employees get to know their co-workers and managers very well. Most employees have regular one-on-one meetings with their supervisor to get job feedback and discuss progress toward goals. Management is very hands on and involved in the day-to-day business.

Cons

Because of the nature of the e-retailer business, the company does not have very flexible work hours for salary employees.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating! Employees want to be kept in the loop, and they need management to include them in company decisions and share information willingly.

"Don't work here"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

There is literally no pro's to working at this job, the only thing that was decent was the people that worked there were great.

Cons

I worked at Baudville and all of it was a huge lie and waste of my time. I was not compensated fairly, so i found a job with less responsibilities that paid almost twice as much and cared about their employees. I now work for Apple selling product and it's much better.

Pay was unfair
    Benefits were not affordable unless you wanted to give away half your paycheck
    Management had no idea to what was actually happening in my department.

Basically i was lied to about everything

Advice to Management

Pay you employees fairly and give them proper benefits and you will be surprised at how much more your employees will care!!

4. "You can grow here"

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Baudville full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a ton during my time at Baudville. I started out with limited marketing experience and ended up with a good grasp of digital and print marketing. Management embraced my creativity and helped to hone my skills. I feel that there are a lot of opportunities at Baudville, regardless of age or a perfect resume.

The people who work here are seriously amazing. My team was chocked full of talent and kind, supportive (and hilarious) people. My birthday and maternity leave was celebrated in a big way that really made me feel special. I even received a gift from my manager on my last day before leaving to pursue a work-from-home position.

Cons

It was tough to find meeting spaces but renovation is under way that should take care of that.

Advice to Management

Keep on celebrating your employees and encourage open communication.

"Work on your own company culture"

I worked at Baudville full-time

Pros

They are good at employing individuals with exuberant personalities. It's a good starting place if you are new in your career and naive to office politics and drama.

Cons

Micromanagement in all departments, petty management, do not recognize employees nearly enough, low pay and little to no room for growth, family owned business, dated environment and business model for the company, and inexperienced management.

Advice to Management

You need to invest in better management who can actually take the department and brands to a new, but most importantly, successful level. Quit burning out your employees.

"Creatives beware..."

Former Employee - Designer
    Former Employee - Designer

I worked at Baudville full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The creative team has so many talented people on it. Made friends.

Cons

Didn't feel encouraged. Micromanaged. Management is "in the family" which makes it difficult to express concerns. Hated going into work knowing I wouldn't be valued. Management is petty.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees. You hired them for a skill, let them use it. Encourage diversity in personalities.

"Picker"

Pros

Can't think of a one

Cons

Just one break even if you work more than eight hours

Advice to Management

Pay better wages to your employees

"Sales"

Pros

They sell employee recognition and do a grew job to recognize and engage employees

Cons

Pay is terrible for sales team and goals constantly change it seems to keep anyone from beating the system

Advice to Management

Quit changing things around and just let T sales team sell, and then pay them

"Baudville, Inc."

Pros

Baudville has the best customers to work for. Smart marketers. Healthy work environment. Small company with local roots. Employees are top-notch and well trained.

Cons

Owners over-step their ego. High turnover in most departments due to low pay. They preach and sell recognition but have trouble incorporating it internally. Though it's practiced it comes across fake. Lacks sincerity and lacks true relationships. Employees "play along" and are constantly belittled by performance reviews that acknowledge achievements and end with negative input. Somehow, management is able to create the psychological impression that one is doing good enough to keep their job yet not good enough to look for employment elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Practicing what you preach only works if leadership has the heart of a servant not the mindset of a corporation. Return to the companies roots and you will grow to be a corporation with an authentic corporate culture.