Bauer Family Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Therapist in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Therapist in Lafayette, IN

Pros

Hands on supervision with support from coworkers and supervisors. Always someone to help you when there are questions. Fast-paced environment.

Cons

Working long hours with additional work after client time necessary to complete reports, assessments and notes. Under staffed and a high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Home based family specialist"

I have been working at Bauer Family Resources full-time

Pros

You get to work with families in order to help them get their children back. You have the capability to set your own work schedule depending on when clients are available. I enjoy my work with clients.

Cons

-There is a set amount for gas allowance so if you drive over that amount of money they won't pay you extra. You do get paid for mileage even if you are on vacation or holidays, but getting 7 holidays off, a couple sick days, and a week's vacation all in one year will still not make up for it.
    -Not sure about the other departments, but counseling division supervisors play favorites. The same people will be recognized for achievements while others will go unnoticed.
    -You have no control over your clients schedule. Therefore you may have to work weekends.

Advice to Management

While it is our job to provide services to families it wouldn't be a bad idea to write thank you cards periodically. Just to have encouragement. Supervision meetings are important

3. "Counseling division- home based family specialist"

Current Employee - Home Based Family Specialist
    Current Employee - Home Based Family Specialist

I have been working at Bauer Family Resources full-time

Pros

Get to work with children and ensure they are safe. Get to see families strengthen. Co-workers are very supportive.

Cons

Management doesn't make new staff work weekends, management says they will do something and then you have to remind them at least twice, supervisors will know about a co-workers vacation, but will wait until hours before trying to find coverage

Advice to Management

Saying "thank you" once in awhile is not very hard.

5. "Counseling"

Pros

The work with clients is inspiring. You really feel like you are making a difference in the lives of children and families.

Cons

Management is terrible. The amount of paperwork and keeping up with service standards is completely overwhelming- if you have a spouse or a child I don't know how you could dedicate yourself to working in the counseling division.

Advice to Management

Lighten the workload

"Horrible Management"

I have been working at Bauer Family Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bauer Family Resources offers Head Start which is good for children from low income families. The counseling division can also be very helpful for families in crisis. Most of the staff seem to care about their clients.

Cons

The turn over rate at Bauer is overwhelming. They are chronically short staffed because they can not retain their employees. Many Head Start students suffer the consequences of a new teacher more than once in a school year. The benefits are outrageously priced.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees a little better and appreciate them more maybe then your agency wont have such a bad reputation.

"Don't work for them, although caring about the clients is important they put employees last"

Former Employee - Case Worker in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Case Worker in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Bauer Family Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only pro is working with my awesome co-workers that worked alongside me and left with me for the same reason and being able to help families that truly needed help.

Cons

Everything! Micro managing is there favorite thing. Horrible benefits, petty change bonuses, and upper leadership that only care about themselves and there future in the company. And they don't give two cents about your personal life or family even though they are a family agency. Also what ticked me off a lot, many of our clients that came through the door would make more than us, no one was treated equally in my division, my ex supervisor to be blamed.

Advice to Management

Put your employees first, listen to them, stop micro managing, and don't penalize someone for giving an honest opinion or advice.

"Terrible management and company culture."

I worked at Bauer Family Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The largest non-profit in Lafayette. You have a chance to make a difference.

Cons

Terrible management. Management puts themselves first instead of the client. A lot of unprofessional staff and a lot of fraternization goes on.