Bauer's Intelligent Transportation Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wack"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bauer's Intelligent Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Kinda fun to have access to party bus's. They throw super fun company parties

Cons

Very stressful managing events

2. "Looking for a Family"

Current Employee - Bus Driver in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Bus Driver in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bauer's Intelligent Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Payday lunch is pretty cool, Drivers work hard and you can make money if you are not afraid to work. Flexible family environment. Mid level managers really try to make it a happy place. Maureen makes the best cupcakes!!!!!

Finally have people in the right places....

Cons

Not top pay! High turnover, hire to quicker, take too long to fire if not a good fit.

Advice to Management

Trust your managers to do the right thing. Those that are here are here because they care and want to be the best but their hands are tied.

"Run Away You Interested Job Seeker, RUN NOW!!!"

I worked at Bauer's Intelligent Transportation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've sat here pondering for a good amount of time, TRYING to find at least one thing positive but I just can't.

WAIT! Susan Nolan, she's a #trueboss.

Also gotta give it to the operations manager, she's probably the only reason Bauer's hasn't literally burned to the ground. Most committed and hardest working employee I've ever met.

Cons

Will try and just do bullet points as I am sure there is a max character count.

CEO - shadier than a Palm tree, manipulative, and two faced. Lord if I could post the things he's said about his own drivers in meetings, absolutely appalling.

President - LOL, learn his name then Google it, you won't be disappointed. It's a healthy insight as to how this company is ran and the direction of it's moral compass.

Management - Such a high turnover. The fresh ones always started off with such ambition. This lasts for a very short while until the powers at be suck the life from them, effectively paving the road to a cynical disposition that lasts for the rest of their tenure.

Other:
    Didn't know it was possible to have 5 meetings a day and accomplish nothing

Under paid and over worked, ask anyone there

Not DOT compliant by a long shot

Don't know how they have managed to pass the CHP inspections, another novel that could be written right there

CONSTANTLY screwing up drivers paychecks. Every pay day a stack of discrepancies would be put out as they would come in herds "axing" who "don messed wit my bread"

I could literally go on and on about this company so I'll just stop her here. I hope you get the point and really think long and hard about joining this "family". Even if you are unemployed and desperate, WalMart and Taco Bell are usually always hiring.....

Advice to Management

LOL! I should probably leave this one alone..... Seeing as how pretty much everyone has quit (wonder why) I would only be giving advice to like 3 people....

"How are they still in business?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bauer's Intelligent Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely none. This is hands down the worst place I will ever work. Very hostile work environment and it starts at the very top with the owner and CEO leading the three ring circus.

Cons

I can't even begin to describe the cons of this place. I really don't even know how they are in business still. As an employee you are never treated with respect from any level of management, as specially C level. When I was there they had 10+ BBB complaints filled against them and we're constantly going to court over previous employee grievances. You only get two weeks of PTO that must be split between sick, vacation, and holidays. Then even when you do take time off they call you none stop and expect you to check and reply to emails. The CEO even says that full time hours is not 40 hours but rather it is 60 per week. The drivers are treated the worst. It's no wonder they unionized. Unfair wages, no over time even if you worked 8+ hours in a day or the 40+ in a week. The CEO even took away drivers tips at one point. Absolutely horrible business practices.

Advice to Management

Change. Change everything you are doing and treat people like human beings.

Aug 17, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

While we thank you for your review... there are large inaccuracies in it... In 28 years of business, we have had a total of 7 complaints on the BBB website... More

"Worst company I have ever been a part of!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bauer's Intelligent Transportation full-time

Pros

There are none except for the fact that there are many good people who try to make this place go.

Cons

CEO is an absolute POS

Advice to Management

Learn how to value your employees and stop lying to them.

"Decent job, don't stay long"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bauer's Intelligent Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people there are amazing and down to earth. The work is simple and there's much to do. You learn tons about the world of transportation.

Cons

Bauer's is a stepping stone, not a place to be for long. Most people that work there haven't been there longer than 3 years. They spend more time on recruiting/hiring than putting an effort into their staff.

Advice to Management

The CEO has no clue how to run a successful business. I compare him to someone who is an expert in transportation, but has no clue how to run a corporate business. I mean everyone is paid differently, rather than based on actual experience.

Most people leave or get fired. There is no incentive to stay longer than a year, since the CEO will fight you on your raise. As I mentioned before, the turnover rate is high.

Final Thoughts: Work here to gain experience, not to stay.

"Be warned..."

Pros

Your manager doesn't bother you because they're too busy managing 3 other teams to even give you the time of the day.

Cons

Where to begin.. there is a long list of everything that is wrong with this place. This place has the worst set of people under one roof. Your coworkers are nosy and will throw you under the bus as soon as they get the chance. There is no such thing as team work. Management has no clue what they're doing. They scream at their employees and curse words are part of their everyday vocabulary, this place is not professional at all. Also, management talks very openly about their political views. If your views are not in line with theirs, then it makes the workplace very uncomfortable. Things are always changing here, and not in a good way. It's more of them not being able to make up their minds with what is the best procedure in doing something. Upper management sits in meetings for 5+ hours a day trying to resolve the never ending problems in the company.

Advice to Management

Stop having so many meetings on trying to "fix" things and spend some time doing some work and answering emails.

"Don't Do It"

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bauer's Intelligent Transportation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a fixer work here.

Cons

This place is a mess. Side deals. Crazy managers. Stuck in the past (like 1982).

Advice to Management

Where do you start?

"Bauer's IT is the worst company in California-transportation"

Former Employee - Driver in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Driver in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bauer's Intelligent Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn how to drive coach buses, after that, run.

Cons

Gary Bauer is a con-artist and scan artist. Watch you money - checks. They will cheat and beat you. The account and Gary Bauer should go to jail.

Advice to Management

Quit before they make you the fall person.

Aug 17, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback.... We do have an extensive Driver training program and it is a great reason to come work for Bauer's..... Any and all payroll issues are taken extremely seriously... More

"WE HAVE CASH FLOW ISSUES AND RANDOMLY FIRE STAFF"

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bauer's Intelligent Transportation (Less than a year)

Pros

The energy and enthusiasm can be infectious.

Cons

There is no follow through and the owner micro manages everyone, doesn't trust the management staff and is a narcissistic dictator. Don't believe the hype on the fraud being perpetrated online about benevolence or "family" friendly.

Advice to Management

None

Aug 17, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback... However, we do not feel the word "fraud" is accurate. We work hard and play hard. We are always looking for ways to show our employee's our appreciation and are... More