Bausch & Lomb Information Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Information Technology

1.0
Joseph C. Papa

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance (for some people) (in 13 reviews)

• B&L has a clear vision of company direction and is very good at communicating status (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • The employee culture at B&L seems to be caustic, and it appears to be tolerated (in 13 reviews)

• Not the best physical location for the R&D department in Rochester (in 11 reviews)

"Loved my time as Bausch, but Valeant is a parasite, so I pursued other opportunities (I was NOT laid off)"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Rochester, NY

I worked at Bausch & Lomb full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bausch + Lomb was innovative, forward looking, and valued quality people...this literally ended the day Valeant took over, so the great folks (there were many) have left, leaving those that don't want to leave for some reason, or can't leave for some reason.

Cons

Under Valeant, the company is following the business model that Valeant has for a few years now, which is to fire all support and innovative personnel, and hope those few left can keep the lights on long enough to suck the products dry, and the discard the company like yesterday's garbage. A shame to end Bausch + Lomb's 160 years of success and innovation with at the hands of such a destructive company as Valeant, but I'm doing my part to warn folks not to get involved.

Advice to Management

I have none - they are simply carrying out the genius (sarcasm) of Mike Pearson, who gets a big payout if he can keep the charade going until 2018. If you don't believe that, research his compensation agreement - you'll see everything, and all will be made clear. It's an awful organization and I only have it 1 star because I can't give it 0.