Baxter Reviews | Glassdoor

José (Joe) Almeida

"Unregulated Chaos"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medina, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medina, NY

I worked at Baxter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Production department is very well ran. Managment is very caring and compassionate, positive reinforcement and good employee morale. Working on a product that impacts lives every day is a very rewarding job. Clean environment and production has great attention to saftey.

Service department there are no pros.

Cons

Service department is awful. Uncaring and childish managment, no attention to safety concerns when brought up, mandatory overtime with no end in sight. They have tried to change managment however it was very unsuccessful, they replaced one greedy tyrant with another.

As far as the production department none.

Advice to Management

Though Service and Production are separate and they are both ran completely differently. One department is a nightmare to work in with all of the employees unhappy and management not caring and acting childish; the other has little issues with involved management and happy employees. Why is it so hard to take the practices managment uses in production and apply them in service?

"Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Lake, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Lake, IL

I worked at Baxter full-time

Pros

Vacation time and telecommuting options.

Cons

New management is terrible. It's all about cutting costs and the morale is poor.

"Poor management"

Former Employee - Quality Associate II in Round Lake, IL
    Former Employee - Quality Associate II in Round Lake, IL

I worked at Baxter full-time

Pros

Prepares you for the worst situations

Cons

Poor management
    Unrealistic goals
    Always in trouble with the FDA

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like humans. A lot of great talent has left because of the way the new management has been treating their employees.

5. "The Product Surveillance Nightmare!"

Former Contractor - Product Surveillance Coordinator in Round Lake, IL
    Former Contractor - Product Surveillance Coordinator in Round Lake, IL

I worked at Baxter as a contractor

Pros

My former coworkers were all very nice, and I made some friends while working there.

Cons

I can't speak for the company as a whole, but I CAN speak to the atmosphere and morale on the Customer Satisfaction Team in Product Surveillance...it's horrible! The team supervisor micro-manages and has a select few that are her favorites and a few that she consistently speaks down to (and it’s horrible to witness). The name of the team is a joke. Not ONCE did I EVER hear management say ANYTHING about "customer satisfaction" being the focus. The focus is entirely on numbers and metrics and closing complaints before they hit a certain age. I met people in this department who have been with the company for a very long time who have not even been promoted ONCE! They hold the "lowest titles" and they DON'T deserve that! So why would I stay and give it my all (like they do)? To remain at the lowest title level after YEARS of dedication? NOT! The team is suffering and needs more people on it, but the supervisor just turns her head the other way and pretends that her team is adequately staffed. She takes too seriously the advice of her team leads who I’d say, based on their ages, have very little, if any, prior management experience!

Advice to Management

Don't forget where YOU came from, where YOU started.

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Baxter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard to say, except for a name on the resume. They have a decent Cafe, and nice pond to walk around.

Cons

There at a lot of layoff's the CEO is trying to reorganize to sell. I would not recommend as your not promised you will have a role. They are transferring jobs to lower wage countries. People here are miserable. No training either and people are rude.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, companies loose people by only concentrating on minimal day to day. Most, managers need training on how to be managers.

7. "The new status quo"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Baxter full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stock pricing is moving up and there is a renewed focus on cost and accountability; some which is good, but some is creating unwanted politics and additional posturing at higher levels

Cons

It's call the three pillar 2020 strategy, but how can anyone at this company feel secure anymore. The hedge fund guys are cutting and slashing their way to success. The new CEO and his new hires are unwilling to listen and take no prisoners. Do yourself a favor - look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Cutting your way to profitability is a short-term play unless the intent is to package this place up and sell off the pieces. The enthusiasm is wearing off after 8 months.

8. "Baxter isn't a company with a long term future."

Former Employee - Territory Manager III in Flowood, MS
    Former Employee - Territory Manager III in Flowood, MS

I worked at Baxter full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The sales representatives were good people and fun to be around at company events. Most of the entry level managers did their best,however,were poorly trained by those at higher levels.

Cons

Upper level management had no clue as to actual leadership. I spent 16 years as a commissioned officer in the US Army and was disappointed in the lack of leadership at Baxter. It was a sad sight for someone coming from a culture of strong leadership at all levels.

Advice to Management

Don't promote individuals that aren't capable or lack the resources to become a world class leader.
    All managers need to undergo an extensive multiple level course on their leadership ability then be given six months to improve on their weakest areas or be demoted. The course needs to be about 18 months,held on three day weekends once per month and two week training periods once per quarter.
    It should be very demanding and only results as well as improvement will be counted. Leadership consultants,preferably combat veterans (NCO's) from Tier One units,will spend a week per quarter observing and evaluating current managers.
    Too many in leadership positions who didn't earn their promotion. Sucking up or being a sycophant is no way to select managers.

9. "Would Not Recommend"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Royse City, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Royse City, TX

I worked at Baxter full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are really good

Cons

Managment changes are the norm. Lots of flux and change within company, departments and layoffs have been routine every June and December for as long as I was employed there. Large number of personnel laid off in 2016.

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams and be open to suggestions. Be proactive and have workable plans to situations that are likely to occur rather than reactive.

10. "Hard to adapt?"

Former Employee - Senior HVACr Mechanic in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Senior HVACr Mechanic in Thousand Oaks, CA

Pros

Pay is good, work is easy

Cons

Be prepared to get walked off the lot any day, do not stick up for yourself
    If you work here stay at Motel 6 without your family, you will have less to lose when they drop the hammer on you, unless you like to lick a mans boots you won't last

Advice to Management

Keep hiring cheap labor, see where it gets you. You're gonna lose a boatload of cash I know it is all insurance money. When Trump gets in he will find you and snip you. He will tax the heck out of you. I already wrote him with MY documentation on how you treat injured workers

11. "Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Baxter full-time

Pros

Common workers are good people

Cons

Upper management lies to the common worker, claim ton have the patients interest in mind but it always comes down to money, at least the corporate level.

Advice to Management

Figure out how much money is enough. Stop lying to workers.

Showing 100 of 1,265 reviews