Bayard Advertising Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
GORDON WALDORF

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Smart people. Cutting edge tools. Strategic branding."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bayard Advertising full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

An entrepreneurial culture where investments have been made in technology. Lots of freedom and opportunity to grow. Good, knowledgeable people. Lots of creative talent.

Cons

It's advertising - so if you don't like a fast pace, shifting priorities and deadlines, this is not the right line of work for you.

Advice to Management

More communication us never a bad thing.

"Outdated management and industry"

Former Employee - Assistant Media Planner
    Former Employee - Assistant Media Planner

I worked at Bayard Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good look into media buying

Cons

Management and the company culture

Advice to Management

Trust your employees

3. "Agency Life"

I have been working at Bayard Advertising full-time

Pros

Great place to pursue a career in digital advertising.

Cons

More PTO days would be a plus.

4. "Client Strategy"

I have been working at Bayard Advertising full-time

Pros

I work with a very sharp, intuitive, strategic talent engagement team at Bayard!!

Cons

Must be flexible and able manage your own time.

"Best Entry-Level Job -- Truly Prepared me for my Career"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Bayard Advertising full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Bayard's Minneapolis office was such a fun and beneficial experience. I was there for 3 years and advanced from an Account Coordinator to an Account Manager, which meant that I progressively acquired larger accounts. The support I received from my direct manager in Minneapolis was second-to-none; from her training style to the support she provided on a day-to-day basis, she truly shaped me personally and professionally.

The work-life balance was absolutely phenomenal. I especially enjoyed working with vendors and attending client visits around the country.

In my position at Bayard, I was able to wear many hats (submit art requests, update ad copy, have a say in the design process, handle reporting, analysis, tracking, budgeting, media planning and buying for my clients) which helped to make me well-rounded and well-versed. At larger agencies, typically you have 1 role. This was not the case at Bayard - I got to do it all!

I had additional support out of our NYC headquarters where my department manager was - and he was amazing! Even with the remote support out of NYC, my manager in the Minneapolis office truly was the glue that held everything together. The amount of time she invested in training me and getting to know my clients with me and to know what was going on with my accounts on a weekly basis really helped to keep the client first at all times.

Office is located in an awesome area - West End (St. Louis Park), which made for tons of fun lunch outings and after-work happy hours!

Cons

Benefits were a little pricey back when I worked there, but that could be different now - and there are other routes and options you can explore. From my experience, I do not have much negative to say about Bayard.

"Great Opportunity for Self-Starting Individuals"

I worked at Bayard Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bayard was the best entry-level job I could have asked for. I was in charge of my own accounts and was able to work hard and watch them grow with as much or as little supervision I wanted. Working closely with vendors gave us opportunities for free office lunches, happy hours, sporting events & concerts. Office culture was respectively relaxed and I genuinely liked my coworkers.

Client visits were a huge bonus, I was able to travel on business to meet my clients face to face. Building relationships with clients, coworkers & vendors was gratifying. Maximizing campaign performance for clients and having the numbers to prove it was rewarding. The experience I gained at Bayard I am grateful and positive it will help me in my career for years to come.

Cons

• Minneapolis is a satellite office and doesn’t have it’s own art department, so sometimes getting requests from our NYC office was challenging.
    • Compensation for level of services provided is low

"Baptism by fire!"

I worked at Bayard Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty good benefits, more than enough options to chose from.

Cons

Great first day, but after that no one wants to train you. Everyone acts like you are wasting their time. 6 months later, I was fired for "making too many mistakes," even after working 12 hour days trying to catch up on all the work they handed me.

Being in a small office, you want to feel comfortable with the people that you work with, but I was not treated equally as everyone else in the office as a mixed woman. The person that oversaw me was rude, unprofessional and talked about our clients like they were the dumbest in the business. Real classy Bayard considering this was the person that was supposed to be like a mentor to me. After months of voicing my concerns about this person, my boss who was thousands of miles away in another office did not seem to share my views. It was always my word against hers.

As you are advertising entry level positions, this is entirely unacceptable and inexcusable as a developing agency.

Advice to Management

Get more involved. Especially in offices that are not located in Denver or NY. You have older people working for you that are making new hires feel worthless and trying to push them out.

"Nice Place To Waste Time"

I worked at Bayard Advertising full-time

Pros

You get a paycheck on time; free coffee

Cons

disorganization, nepotism, horrible benefits, archaic daily processes

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and compare company to the very clients we praise every day

9. "Best Entry-Level Job I could have asked for."

I worked at Bayard Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Minneapolis (satellite office) and couldn't have asked for a better boss, office staff and senior management. The experience and knowledge I gained in advertising and client services was a fundamental building block to my career and I couldn't be more grateful. Bayard was very flexible when it came to family situations, taking time off and overall work schedule.

Account coordinators typically start off with the small to mid-sized clients while learning the ropes and can typically expect to transition to larger accounts between 6-12 months following (depending on of often Bayard wins new clients or when other employees transition to other roles). Despite some of the older reviews I've seen, I can say with confidence that Bayard is a great place to start and grow in your career.

Cons

Slow internet, but that's expected to change soon. Otherwise nothing!

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent leadership!

10. "Great Office Culture"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

I worked in the Minneapolis office under Carly and Phil in Denver and they were both great managers and the office was a fun place to work, I really enjoyed everyone I worked with. I've seen a lot of negative reviews on here out of the NY office, but my experience in MPLS and Denver were both positive.

Cons

Lack of client interaction. I was an AM and really only met most of my clients over the phone and e-mail. To build solid relationships I think it's important to be able to meet with the clients face to face. I think that Andrea the client services manager out of Denver is working to improve that aspect, though.