Baylor Scott & White Health Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

3.8
Baylor Scott & White Health President & CEO James H. Hinton (no image)
James H. Hinton
Pros
  • "Good Hospital System, Good benefits(in 76 reviews)

• "Good excellent professional service great place(in 72 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay/not many opportunities for OT(in 42 reviews)

• "Upper management disconnected to floors(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Baylor Scott & White Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

This is my calling

Mar 10, 2021 - Talent Acquisition in Temple, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun, outgoing, hame away from home, up-to-date, love my job, easy to speak your mind, open to change.

Cons

I really can't think of one

Marketing and Media Consultant

Thank you for sharing the love! Our employees are the heart of the organization, and we appreciate your service and commitment.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Apr 20, 2021 - Caregiver, CNA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay benefits and the teamwork

Cons

None to speak of really

Marketing and Media Consultant

We are thrilled to hear you are happy with the benefits Baylor Scott & White Health offers. Thank you for sharing us. It is greatly appreciated!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great staff and management team

May 3, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Rockwall, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

amazing staff of Rn's, Dr.'s and management. very flexible with scheduling

Cons

no computer charting and lots of patient calling

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nurse at Baylor

May 4, 2021 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Arlington, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Environment, Friendly Staff, Nice docs to work with

Cons

Short staff, low pay, overworked

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

great place to work

Apr 27, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Baylor Scott and White are great to work with. Everyone is very respectful and quick to recognize the work of their teammates.

Cons

Because it's a large organization with many governing bodies, getting items approved or completed can take some time.

Marketing and Media Consultant

You're right about the respect and teamwork that exists at Baylor Scott & White Health. Employees are the heart of our organization, and we're happy you are part of the family! Thank you for sharing your experience!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work.

May 3, 2021 - Medical Coder II
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home is great.

Cons

Learning different specialities can be a challenge.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Unfair Salary and Heavy Workload

Feb 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a big company in Texas so you will feel proud working here. People are friendly and the work pace is kind of slow.

Cons

Turnover is too high. The impact on myself is that I have been unable to adjust my salary for 3 years due to involuntary internal transitions and frequent changes in the management, even though my performance review has been excellent. The leadership positions were vacant for a long time so I was told to wait until the new leaders had settled down. And then the discussion was pushed back as we had Covid and so many changes going on. My whole team has been struggling with our pay and heavy workload. My overall impression on the salary at Baylor is that they really need to analyze the market and pay their current employee fairly. New hires with less experience and competencies can get more than senior employees who make more contribution, which looks strange. Other than that, workplace bullying, politics, and unethical behaviors can be seen in the department I am working at, but no one has had the courage to report or stop the situations. I am not saying it's common, but it happened to my coworkers and it caused mental issues working here. There are so many great companies that really show appreciation to their employees, but Baylor is not one of them. The leadership barely take the actions that make us feel they really care about the employees. They just come and go with a lot of bonus.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0

Good Place to Work

Apr 8, 2021 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Grapevine, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for several Baylor facilities and the culture at each facility is different, I can say Grapevine is my favorite. Management is in touch with the reality of working on the floor and are supportive of employees. They will invest in your growth as an employee if you express interest. Tuition reimbursement! HCAHPS are generally favorable for $$bonuses$$. Insurance is pretty good for singles and married couples.

Cons

Poor pool of PCT's... which are essential for a floor to run, treat PCT's better! RN's are paid less than other hospital systems in the metroplex for the same work.

Marketing and Media Consultant

We are thrilled to hear of your positive experience at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Grapevine! Employees are the heart of our organization, and we are lucky you are part of the Baylor Scott & White family! Thank you for also sharing your concerns. We appreciate your honest feedback. We encourage you to communicate your concerns with your supervisor so they can help you address these concerns.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

GREAT

May 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Poor nurse patient ratios per unit

10. 1.0

Stay away

Mar 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Low level management truly cares about employees

Cons

Upper level management places absolutely no value on employees. Even those employees that worked long hours and did the heaviest lifting throughout the pandemic were outsourced without a second thought. Information Services work is about to grind to a halt as almost all experienced employees flood out the door long before their "knowledge transfers" take place with their outsourced replacements. They are bringing in fresh consultants with no experience to train their outsourced staff in India. A recipe for disaster. Unless you work in direct contact with patients. do not even think about working here. Your job is not safe at all and you are highly likely to be outsourced and forced to train your replacements before being cut entirely. Oh, and all of this outsourcing occurred after several fiscal quarters of record profits, so it is not related to the pandemic or associated financial challenges whatsoever. This was pure greed and awful/outdated management techniques to boost short term profits.

7 people found this review helpful