Bayshore Solutions Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

3.6
Bayshore Solutions President and CEO Kevin Hourigan (no image)
Kevin Hourigan
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Fast Paced, Transparent and Team Centric Environment.

Sep 14, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent company and team goals Highly skilled and talented team Mix of small and medium size clients Lots of growth opportunities

Cons

No 401k match Behind industry maternity/paternity leave standards Sometimes too fast paced for some people

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion. We agree! We are very proud of our highly skilled team and the transparent culture that we have. We've listened to our teams feedback regarding 401k and maternity/paternity leave and are working to implement changes in both of these areas that will take affect January 2021.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Bayshore Solutions

Apr 28, 2021 - Corporate Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great teams on hand and very smart

Cons

Hours are long and recognition is low

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not the worst and definitely not the best place to work.

Mar 26, 2021 - Senior Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

They seem to recruit decent people.

Cons

It’s a dead end job. Management is sub par and they don’t have great margins to incentivize anyone for their efforts. If you’re looking to grind away without growth then maybe this place is for you. Expect to be hounded about billable hours constantly and never make the numbers to get a bonus.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Transactional - You are just a number - Other agencies will treat you much better

Jan 11, 2021 - Digital Marketing in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tampa team is trying to improve their GlassDoor ratings by asking select employees to write a review - one per month. Some good clients but client turnover is high also. Some accounts perform well. Work production system seems consistent. Road Mapping is good.

Cons

Pretty poor work environment. Constant micro-management. Tons of last minute fires due to lack of planning. High employee turnover. No 401k match. Employees are treated like factory workers trying to produce a certain number of widgets every day. Lost or fired most of the best workers.

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion and your positive feedback on our work production schedule and road mapping. Most of our positions do require oversight and extra attention to detail from hiring managers so that we can ensure effective onboarding, training and learning of our tools and processes, particularly with entry/junior level positions. In an agency environment, our day to day involves the ability to change gears rather quickly to meet deadlines and last- minute client requests. As such, some turnover is inevitable in our industry and we support team members that choose to pursue other opportunities that are in line with their own personal career growth. We have tools and processes in place to gather team member feedback regularly, which we highly value, and adjust our processes to address that feedback. We’ve listened to previous feedback regarding 401(k) match and we are implementing a match program in 2021.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced digital agency with a great team!

Jun 19, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Bayshore about a year now and one of the biggest pros is how awesome the team is. We all work pretty seamlessly together to make things happen, solve problems, and deliver beneficial results to our clients. The leadership team has a strong focus on culture that permeates each layer of the company. We generally have 1 culture event a month, and two larger events a year. This also bleeds into the flexibility of the company - before COVID, you could work from home if you needed to, although there is no official policy. Pay and benefits are rather solid as well, and your manager is truly interested in your success and future goals for your career.

Cons

There is no maternity leave policy, so you have to take part-time disability leave. There is also a small disconnect between our salespeople and the people who actually do the work. We sometimes have things sold in that are steep to deliver.

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy working with your team members. We care very deeply for our employees and are committed to providing competitive pay, great benefits, a thriving culture and an environment in which you can achieve your highest level of excellence. We do grant paid time off for maternity coverage, and we also provide company-paid short-term insurance that may provide up to six weeks of compensation after the birth of a child (or more, depending on the circumstances), along with additional coverage for time off under FMLA. We encourage you to review the benefits package and company handbook and reach out with any additional questions.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people and culture - interesting work

Aug 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work for a diverse group of clients. The people are great and always supportive. At the end of the day, culture means a lot and Bayshore focuses on that aspects and let the employees have a say in shaping the culture. There are multiple avenues for advancement and pay increases, and you'll learn a lot along the way.

Cons

Benefits, man. It's not even remotely competitive.

HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear you enjoy your work here! We've listened to feedback regarding maternity/paternity leave and 401k and will be implementing changes to these policies in January 2021.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Jul 15, 2020 - Digital Solutions Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture and Opportunity for Growth

Cons

None that I can pinpoint

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion! We're very happy to hear that you enjoy working here!

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good as a job, bad for career progression

Oct 2, 2019 - Front End Developer in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Denver team is friendly and cool. 2. Some work from home is okay. 3. Decent pay. 4. Easy work. 5. Opportunities to work on fairly large clients.

Cons

1. The quality of software ranges from OK to very bad. Some of the code I worked on was embarrassing. 2. You're given many projects at once, it's a good and bad thing depending on your skill level. 3. Feels like a revolving door culture with very high turnover. In fact, at least 3 other people I worked with also are no longer with the company. This was out of a team of 10. 4. Bonus was not given, and the CEO actually had the audacity to say that some people suggested that they didn't like bonuses. Seriously? This is the environment you will be working in.

3 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are dedicated to always improving and learning what makes our team happy and our company better. Glad to hear that you enjoyed working with the team in Denver. We strive to have a team collaborative environment along with flexibility and a fun culture. Some of the work is easy, some is also challenging, ever-changing and rewarding, as is typical in most agency settings. We have been delivering quality software solutions for over 20 years. We invest in our developers by certifying every one of them on all major platforms to insure innovative, high quality deliverables to our clients. We have listened to your feedback and other team members and now have a Quality Assurance team separated from our software developers and project managers to ensure quality continues to be a core focus of ours. Our bonus plan is dependent on the results of our high-caliber team, and in fact, we paid bonus multiple times in the last year due to the significant efforts of the team. Some feedback we received from various team members indicated, as opposed to bonus, they would better appreciate other opportunities, like conferences, social events, office amenities, etc. We’ve made the effort this year to keep bonus opportunities on the table while still expanding the ways we invest in our team members. This year we had the highest attendance at conferences ever in our history, more team outings and look to continue to find ways to build a rewarding environment for everyone.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for a developer!

Oct 9, 2019 - Software Developer in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

A very fun place to work. I personally love the atmosphere there. If you want to continue growing as a developer and facing new challenges, working in a great team, that's the place to go. Love the culture there. The team gets together often for different activities to socialize between different departments. There is a monthly Happy Hour activity.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion! We're very glad to hear that you're enjoying your role as a developer here!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Bayshore is the best place I've worked in my 15 years as a software developer

Aug 12, 2019 - Senior Developer in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, strong collaborative environment, develop in current technologies, opportunities to learn and grow, interesting work, good clients.

Cons

For me there are no downsides to working at Bayshore. If there were a downside it would be my commute into Tampa, but by adjusting my work hours I am able to drive when there is not much traffic. The flexibility to adjust my hours is honestly another positive.

2 people found this review helpful