Bayshore Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Bayshore Solutions Reviews

3.3
Kevin Hourigan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Fun, Flexible, & Great Co-Workers - Feeling of accomplishing something greater as a team."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bayshore is a great place to grow and learn and also provides a terrific environment for seasoned professionals. Co-workers have a voice and management listens. This company is small enough to get to know everyone and large enough to feel like we are accomplishing some pretty big things. Career opportunities are available to people who put forth the effort. Personal growth and professional growth are encouraged and nurtured. This is a fast paced environment with a lot of moving parts...you won't be bored.

Cons

The company constantly seeking to grow. learn, and get better. Change is inevitable, generally positive, and welcome. If you are someone that seeks a slow-paced environment with little movement, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Maintain our current focus on delivering the best results for our customers, growing our co-workers, and building our company.

"Seriously, work anywhere else"

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Bayshore Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some good people working there.

Cons

Where to start? They will do anything to get business including flat out lying to clients and employees which was the last straw for many people that have left. They are barely scraping by every month and I am honestly surprised they are still in business. They tout all of these "Awards" they have received but that is just an attempt to swindle clients into thinking they are as advertised. Also, ignore most of the 5 star reviews as they are from upper management to offset all of the negative reviews.

Advice to Management

Not sure there is much that can be done to save their reputation but being honest to employees and clients would be a good start.

Bayshore Solutions Response

May 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinions. I do hope that your concerns were addressed during your exit interview as this feedback helps us to improve. Having a team of committed... More

"Great stepping stone..."

I worked at Bayshore Solutions full-time

Pros

You work with talented individuals who make/ take the time to train you. Great company culture.

Cons

Bonus numbers were unrealistic thus bonus was hardly ever made

"Staff Accountant"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Leaders, Friendly Staff, Daily Check In Meetings, Beautiful Location, Easy Commute, Quality Equipment, Opportunity To Contribute Opinions, Opportunity To Express Own Creativity/Know How In Assigned Work, Fitness Reimbursement Plan, Business Professional Casual Uniform, Opportunity To Attend Professional Sporting Events

Cons

I struggled to fill this category with constructive criticism(I can't think of anything) After working for several nationally/globally recognized organizations including the U.S. Government, U.S. Navy, and Marriott Intl. I can say Bayshore Solutions has the most effective work place model I have ever seen and experienced. THANK YOU

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Stay reserved! Continue to challenge employees in new ways! Continue to keep the communication lines open! Continue to provide your staff and clients with beginning to end solutions! THANK YOU FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE PART OF YOUR TEAM!

"Manager"

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time

Pros

I appreciate the training and benefits I receive and the great team that i am surrounded by

Cons

Not always enough time to do everything for customers, training and team culture events

Advice to Management

Continue investing in training - we appreciate it

"Bayshore Disappointments"

I worked at Bayshore Solutions full-time

Pros

1) They attract talented, compassionate and hard working people.
    2) They like to feed you breakfast every first Friday and buy you lunch each month for Town Halls.
    3) The health plan and benefits were competitive and the options were easy to understand
    4) They encourage certifications and continuing education

Cons

1) Constant turnover at every level
    2) Reduced workforce does not mean goal adjustments by management
    3) Bonus is seldom if ever reached
    4) No work from home allowed in a "digital" agency???
    5) Earned PTO will not be paid out to you if you work in the Tampa office.

Advice to Management

Develop an action plan based on goals that are not only measurable and challenging but attainable. If the company hasn't hit its short-term goals or made bonus repeatedly, people are going to give up on the executive team and/or move on.

At a company this size, everyone should be involved in advocating positively for the company and the clients they serve. There is no excitement or buzz around this company outside of what is controlled in-house. There is little to no advocating of clients by the team on personal social media profiles. Your social footprint, or lack-there-off as a digital agency speaks subtle volumes about the realities of the company and how people really feel about the work they do.

Rethink the whole hiring process and base it around more specific functionality and team chemistry. You also need to be more decisive in your hiring. Most notably, Be honest and forthright with your management candidates. These people are making decisions to be a part of leading your company through struggle and deserve to take those challenges on with full disclosure of the situation.

Bayshore Solutions Response

Oct 7, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to offer us some critical feedback here. As we continue to evolve as an organization, we are examining our outreach and taking the right steps to leveraging our brand... More

"Great company -- Great Team -- Great Clients!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Great culture. I love the people that I work with!
    A wide variety of clients across many industries.
    I learn something new every day!
    Have the opportunity to work with national clients seeking cutting edge digital solutions.
    I'm not expected to be on call 24/7 or work weekends. Great work/life balance!

Cons

Recruitment/interview process was long... but I appreciated that Bayshore Solutions took their time to be 100% confident I was the right candidate for the job.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide learning opportunities for employees. Encourage more collaboration to expand great ideas and thinking.

"Short term opportunity"

I worked at Bayshore Solutions full-time

Pros

Love working with team members and was close to home. Gave me the skills needed to get to a better overall position. The clients were great to work with, just wish they would stay on board longer.

Cons

The ability to not work from home in a technology company. The lack of a real human resources person made it difficult to provide honest feedback communication to management. Turnover was constant (both employees and customers) and left very few people to manage significant loads. Always talk about growth, but unable to execute led me to leave. I'm an optimist, but the environment and pressure from management continuously brings you down. No company quarterly bonuses were distributed during my time there.

Advice to Management

Bring more creative people in to lead the company, slot 20-30% of time weekly to brainstorming, and find some new leaders that have not been there more than a decade.

"Nice people, constant turnover"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL

Pros

Nice people, even the CEO; great entry point for new graduates; interesting clients; decent professional growth for those new to the workforce.

Cons

Constant turnover; need to figure out how to retain quality employees, seems they have no problem with separating the wheat from the chaff, problem is, they keep the chaff.

Advice to Management

Cut the dead weight and work on retaining the real producers. For a ~50 person company, you shouldn't be replacing half the staff every year.

"Great company! Great Environment!"

Current Employee - Account Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Associate in Tampa, FL

Pros

I came to this role after being with another company for 3 years. After being here for 90 days, I've been able to gather a fair assessment of the company.

For starters, it is in a great central location, and personally cut my previous commute in half. On top of that, it's a very positive working environment. I find Bayshore Solutions to be a great place for team building. If you like working with other people, this is the place for you. The staff is very knowledgeable and provides many opportunities to train and your sharpen digital marketing skills.

I've learned a great deal in the past 90 days, and I've only begun to scratch the surface. A personal favorite of mine are the Brain Storming sessions with my colleagues that allow us to use our creativity.

Some moments can seem overwhelming, which is the case in almost any role. Leadership and fellow team members never fail at showing support in helping you get complete the task at hand. In addition, the company advocates team outings, and the culture committee is always coming up with new ways to keep it fun in the work place.

Overall, my favorite part about this place are the people I work with here.

I have really enjoyed my experience here.

Cons

No cons that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

No advice I can think of at this time.