Bayshore Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Staff Accountant"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Leaders, Friendly Staff, Daily Check In Meetings, Beautiful Location, Easy Commute, Quality Equipment, Opportunity To Contribute Opinions, Opportunity To Express Own Creativity/Know How In Assigned Work, Fitness Reimbursement Plan, Business Professional Casual Uniform, Opportunity To Attend Professional Sporting Events

Cons

I struggled to fill this category with constructive criticism(I can't think of anything) After working for several nationally/globally recognized organizations including the U.S. Government, U.S. Navy, and Marriott Intl. I can say Bayshore Solutions has the most effective work place model I have ever seen and experienced. THANK YOU

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Stay reserved! Continue to challenge employees in new ways! Continue to keep the communication lines open! Continue to provide your staff and clients with beginning to end solutions! THANK YOU FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE PART OF YOUR TEAM!

"Manager"

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time

Pros

I appreciate the training and benefits I receive and the great team that i am surrounded by

Cons

Not always enough time to do everything for customers, training and team culture events

Advice to Management

Continue investing in training - we appreciate it

"Bayshore Disappointments"

I worked at Bayshore Solutions full-time

Pros

1) They attract talented, compassionate and hard working people.
    2) They like to feed you breakfast every first Friday and buy you lunch each month for Town Halls.
    3) The health plan and benefits were competitive and the options were easy to understand
    4) They encourage certifications and continuing education

Cons

1) Constant turnover at every level
    2) Reduced workforce does not mean goal adjustments by management
    3) Bonus is seldom if ever reached
    4) No work from home allowed in a "digital" agency???
    5) Earned PTO will not be paid out to you if you work in the Tampa office.

Advice to Management

Develop an action plan based on goals that are not only measurable and challenging but attainable. If the company hasn't hit its short-term goals or made bonus repeatedly, people are going to give up on the executive team and/or move on.

At a company this size, everyone should be involved in advocating positively for the company and the clients they serve. There is no excitement or buzz around this company outside of what is controlled in-house. There is little to no advocating of clients by the team on personal social media profiles. Your social footprint, or lack-there-off as a digital agency speaks subtle volumes about the realities of the company and how people really feel about the work they do.

Rethink the whole hiring process and base it around more specific functionality and team chemistry. You also need to be more decisive in your hiring. Most notably, Be honest and forthright with your management candidates. These people are making decisions to be a part of leading your company through struggle and deserve to take those challenges on with full disclosure of the situation.

Bayshore Solutions Response

Oct 7, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to offer us some critical feedback here. As we continue to evolve as an organization, we are examining our outreach and taking the right steps to leveraging our brand... More

"Great company -- Great Team -- Great Clients!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Great culture. I love the people that I work with!
    A wide variety of clients across many industries.
    I learn something new every day!
    Have the opportunity to work with national clients seeking cutting edge digital solutions.
    I'm not expected to be on call 24/7 or work weekends. Great work/life balance!

Cons

Recruitment/interview process was long... but I appreciated that Bayshore Solutions took their time to be 100% confident I was the right candidate for the job.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide learning opportunities for employees. Encourage more collaboration to expand great ideas and thinking.

"Short term opportunity"

I worked at Bayshore Solutions full-time

Pros

Love working with team members and was close to home. Gave me the skills needed to get to a better overall position. The clients were great to work with, just wish they would stay on board longer.

Cons

The ability to not work from home in a technology company. The lack of a real human resources person made it difficult to provide honest feedback communication to management. Turnover was constant (both employees and customers) and left very few people to manage significant loads. Always talk about growth, but unable to execute led me to leave. I'm an optimist, but the environment and pressure from management continuously brings you down. No company quarterly bonuses were distributed during my time there.

Advice to Management

Bring more creative people in to lead the company, slot 20-30% of time weekly to brainstorming, and find some new leaders that have not been there more than a decade.

"Nice people, constant turnover"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL

Pros

Nice people, even the CEO; great entry point for new graduates; interesting clients; decent professional growth for those new to the workforce.

Cons

Constant turnover; need to figure out how to retain quality employees, seems they have no problem with separating the wheat from the chaff, problem is, they keep the chaff.

Advice to Management

Cut the dead weight and work on retaining the real producers. For a ~50 person company, you shouldn't be replacing half the staff every year.

"Great company! Great Environment!"

Current Employee - Account Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Associate in Tampa, FL

Pros

I came to this role after being with another company for 3 years. After being here for 90 days, I've been able to gather a fair assessment of the company.

For starters, it is in a great central location, and personally cut my previous commute in half. On top of that, it's a very positive working environment. I find Bayshore Solutions to be a great place for team building. If you like working with other people, this is the place for you. The staff is very knowledgeable and provides many opportunities to train and your sharpen digital marketing skills.

I've learned a great deal in the past 90 days, and I've only begun to scratch the surface. A personal favorite of mine are the Brain Storming sessions with my colleagues that allow us to use our creativity.

Some moments can seem overwhelming, which is the case in almost any role. Leadership and fellow team members never fail at showing support in helping you get complete the task at hand. In addition, the company advocates team outings, and the culture committee is always coming up with new ways to keep it fun in the work place.

Overall, my favorite part about this place are the people I work with here.

I have really enjoyed my experience here.

Cons

No cons that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

No advice I can think of at this time.

"Excellent atmosphere and forward thinking... And action."

Current Employee - IT Support in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - IT Support in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding employee engagement, coupled with an exciting atmosphere. I can see why clients choose Bayshore Solutions; happy employees make for satisfied clients!

Cons

Challenging pace of work, however, it's perfectly geared to someone who likes to work hard and play hard. There isn't much I can say as a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the cultural events, the monthly town halls and employee engagement. It's refreshing to see such transparency with such a high-profile company

Bayshore Solutions Response

Jul 9, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for sharing. We totally agree, happy employees make for satisfied clients and yes, we do plan to keep up with the cultural events, town halls and employee engagement events. Lots more... More

"Innovative, fast paced, forward-thinking company with new ideas and provide growth opportunities."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of few companies I know of that uses current technologies! Our clients hire us knowing this and its great to know that what we're doing is appreciated and the results to our clients are amazing! Working with this smart team helps me learn more every day!

Cons

It's a fast paced agency world here. If you don't like things moving fast and changing it's probably not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward! The new benefits that just started are great and much appreciated! Flex Friday program is very nice to have!

"It's not the place for you"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bayshore Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I made some great friends and the pay was decent.

Cons

So many. Uninspiring and incompetent leaders and employees, negative atmosphere, too much emphasis on budgets and time tracking, never enough time to deliver quality work, and cookie-cutter clients who don't want to take risks. Bottom line, you'll get sucked in because you like some of the people you work with, but everyone is miserable and fantasizes about leaving. Misery loves company has never been truer than it is here. It eventually sucks the life out of you. I can credit Bayshore Solutions for helping me hit my emotional rock bottom and seeking help.

Advice to Management

The CEO's heart is in buying and selling speedboats and sports cars, not digital technology. He needs to sell the company to someone who inspires and innovates and that person needs to get rid of most everyone and start over. The foundation of the company is weak and will cause the company to crumble.