KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Bayshore Solutions Reviews

Updated May 27, 2022

Found 45 of over 47 reviews

3.6
Bayshore Solutions President and CEO Kevin Hourigan (no image)
Kevin Hourigan

The latest conversations about Advertising

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great culture.(in 5 reviews)
  • "I've been at Bayshore about a year now and one of the biggest pros is how awesome the team is.(in 4 reviews)
  • "There are some good people working there.(in 4 reviews)
  • "3. Decent pay.(in 3 reviews)
  • "create a committee for everything you can think of and you listen to your coworkers excellent ideas, only to watch that precious time get thrown down the drain(in 2 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place, friendly people

May 24, 2022 - OFFICE MANAGER/BOOKKEEPER
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small family owned business that cares.

Cons

Some of the clients are unrealistic.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Okay if you fit the mold

Jun 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent, PTO is pretty good. There is a core group of people who have worked there a long time who look, think, and act the same, and if you fit in with them you might like working there.

Cons

Anybody who's diverse or doesn't think the same doesn't last long. Turnover is very high. They make a big show of collecting input from employees but doesn't seem like they do anything with it. The attitude is take any client, keep them at all costs, put up with anything. They hand out promotions like candy to try and keep people around. Also most of them including leadership didn't care at all about covid safety, just kept going to the office and travelling the whole time with no masks or quarantining. Like others here have said, you're just a number to them.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced digital agency with a great team!

Jun 19, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Bayshore about a year now and one of the biggest pros is how awesome the team is. We all work pretty seamlessly together to make things happen, solve problems, and deliver beneficial results to our clients. The leadership team has a strong focus on culture that permeates each layer of the company. We generally have 1 culture event a month, and two larger events a year. This also bleeds into the flexibility of the company - before COVID, you could work from home if you needed to, although there is no official policy. Pay and benefits are rather solid as well, and your manager is truly interested in your success and future goals for your career.

Cons

There is no maternity leave policy, so you have to take part-time disability leave. There is also a small disconnect between our salespeople and the people who actually do the work. We sometimes have things sold in that are steep to deliver.

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy working with your team members. We care very deeply for our employees and are committed to providing competitive pay, great benefits, a thriving culture and an environment in which you can achieve your highest level of excellence. We do grant paid time off for maternity coverage, and we also provide company-paid short-term insurance that may provide up to six weeks of compensation after the birth of a child (or more, depending on the circumstances), along with additional coverage for time off under FMLA. We encourage you to review the benefits package and company handbook and reach out with any additional questions.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Apr 28, 2021 - Corporate Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great teams on hand and very smart

Cons

Hours are long and recognition is low

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Transactional - You are just a number - Other agencies will treat you much better

Jan 11, 2021 - Digital Marketing in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tampa team is trying to improve their GlassDoor ratings by asking select employees to write a review - one per month. Some good clients but client turnover is high also. Some accounts perform well. Work production system seems consistent. Road Mapping is good.

Cons

Pretty poor work environment. Constant micro-management. Tons of last minute fires due to lack of planning. High employee turnover. No 401k match. Employees are treated like factory workers trying to produce a certain number of widgets every day. Lost or fired most of the best workers.

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion and your positive feedback on our work production schedule and road mapping. Most of our positions do require oversight and extra attention to detail from hiring managers so that we can ensure effective onboarding, training and learning of our tools and processes, particularly with entry/junior level positions. In an agency environment, our day to day involves the ability to change gears rather quickly to meet deadlines and last- minute client requests. As such, some turnover is inevitable in our industry and we support team members that choose to pursue other opportunities that are in line with their own personal career growth. We have tools and processes in place to gather team member feedback regularly, which we highly value, and adjust our processes to address that feedback. We’ve listened to previous feedback regarding 401(k) match and we are implementing a match program in 2021.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people and culture - interesting work

Aug 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work for a diverse group of clients. The people are great and always supportive. At the end of the day, culture means a lot and Bayshore focuses on that aspects and let the employees have a say in shaping the culture. There are multiple avenues for advancement and pay increases, and you'll learn a lot along the way.

Cons

Benefits, man. It's not even remotely competitive.

HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear you enjoy your work here! We've listened to feedback regarding maternity/paternity leave and 401k and will be implementing changes to these policies in January 2021.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast Paced, Transparent and Team Centric Environment.

Sep 14, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent company and team goals Highly skilled and talented team Mix of small and medium size clients Lots of growth opportunities

Cons

No 401k match Behind industry maternity/paternity leave standards Sometimes too fast paced for some people

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion. We agree! We are very proud of our highly skilled team and the transparent culture that we have. We've listened to our teams feedback regarding 401k and maternity/paternity leave and are working to implement changes in both of these areas that will take affect January 2021.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Jul 15, 2020 - Digital Solutions Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture and Opportunity for Growth

Cons

None that I can pinpoint

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion! We're very happy to hear that you enjoy working here!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Top Agency with Top Talent

Jun 27, 2014 - Vice President in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I came to Bayshore Solutions about a year and a half ago. Once thing I was immediately impressed with was how smart and friendly everyone was. There is plenty of opportunity here for those who have the drive to pursue it and are willing to work with others to achieve it. It is a customer driven environment and you can tell all of the staff including management cares about meeting our customers' needs. If you want to learn about how a business works Bayshore is a great place to do so because management is extremely transparent about sales and revenues. Every month there is a company town hall and all the numbers are shared freely.

Cons

You will not be bored at Bayshore Solutions. The Agency works with huge brands in all verticals and is the only true interactive agency still thriving in the market. With this comes agency pressures because customers have needs and the industry of internet digital services is only 19 years old. Things move fast. Some people just can't keep up or have passions elsewhere. One interesting fact about the people who have left is they almost always move on to management positions at other companies with titles that would be considered a promotion. Experience at Bayshore Solutions is considered very valuable in the marketplace.

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great company! Great Environment!

Jul 9, 2015 - Account Associate in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I came to this role after being with another company for 3 years. After being here for 90 days, I've been able to gather a fair assessment of the company. For starters, it is in a great central location, and personally cut my previous commute in half. On top of that, it's a very positive working environment. I find Bayshore Solutions to be a great place for team building. If you like working with other people, this is the place for you. The staff is very knowledgeable and provides many opportunities to train and your sharpen digital marketing skills. I've learned a great deal in the past 90 days, and I've only begun to scratch the surface. A personal favorite of mine are the Brain Storming sessions with my colleagues that allow us to use our creativity. Some moments can seem overwhelming, which is the case in almost any role. Leadership and fellow team members never fail at showing support in helping you get complete the task at hand. In addition, the company advocates team outings, and the culture committee is always coming up with new ways to keep it fun in the work place. Overall, my favorite part about this place are the people I work with here. I have really enjoyed my experience here.

Cons

No cons that I can think of at this time.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 Reviews

Bayshore Solutions Reviews FAQs

Bayshore Solutions has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 47 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Bayshore Solutions to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bayshore Solutions employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bayshore Solutions. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

63% of Bayshore Solutions employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bayshore Solutions 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Bayshore Solutions to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be management, senior leadership, culture.