Bayshore Solutions Reviews in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

1. "Staff Accountant"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Leaders, Friendly Staff, Daily Check In Meetings, Beautiful Location, Easy Commute, Quality Equipment, Opportunity To Contribute Opinions, Opportunity To Express Own Creativity/Know How In Assigned Work, Fitness Reimbursement Plan, Business Professional Casual Uniform, Opportunity To Attend Professional Sporting Events

Cons

I struggled to fill this category with constructive criticism(I can't think of anything) After working for several nationally/globally recognized organizations including the U.S. Government, U.S. Navy, and Marriott Intl. I can say Bayshore Solutions has the most effective work place model I have ever seen and experienced. THANK YOU

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Stay reserved! Continue to challenge employees in new ways! Continue to keep the communication lines open! Continue to provide your staff and clients with beginning to end solutions! THANK YOU FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE PART OF YOUR TEAM!

2. "Bayshore changed BIG-TIME to focus on their people while keeping the same level of commitment to the customer!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was employed here about a year and a half ago. I rejoined Bayshore Solutions recently and am thoroughly impressed at the focus this company is putting on its employees. The rule is "take care of your people and they will take care of your customers", right? Bayshore is embodying this everyday as a company. The VP I work under is sharp and a top-notch leader.

As a developer, I find myself positively challenged every day because of our commitment to innovate. I haven't even heard the "formerly overused" word "utilization" since I have been here (that's a good thing). I'm really having fun here and my co-workers are as friendly as they come. I love being back!

Cons

A couple of projects that I have come across probably weren't the best planned but with a "do the right thing" attitude, no reason for this to be a source of stress. No official QA dept. After experiencing professional QA at my prior job, I can see this taking Bayshore to the next level of quality.

Advice to Management

Implement QA. Continue to develop Cloud Technologies, not because I am a developer and love "cloud" stuff but because I have seen it work on a large scale and would easily eliminate some "woahs" in potential downtime, website speed, and website load (ultimate translating to customer satisfaction). You're doing great in being employee focused and this is easily the strongest I have seen the undercurrent of Bayshore loyalty. Keep this focus, add in some official channels in the area of QA, keep pushing cloud, and everybody wins.

Bayshore Solutions Response

Feb 15, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We believe happy employees equal happy clients and we’re glad to hear that you’re experiencing our culture that fosters employee growth ... More

"Great company -- Great Team -- Great Clients!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Great culture. I love the people that I work with!
    A wide variety of clients across many industries.
    I learn something new every day!
    Have the opportunity to work with national clients seeking cutting edge digital solutions.
    I'm not expected to be on call 24/7 or work weekends. Great work/life balance!

Cons

Recruitment/interview process was long... but I appreciated that Bayshore Solutions took their time to be 100% confident I was the right candidate for the job.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide learning opportunities for employees. Encourage more collaboration to expand great ideas and thinking.

"Nice people, constant turnover"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL

Pros

Nice people, even the CEO; great entry point for new graduates; interesting clients; decent professional growth for those new to the workforce.

Cons

Constant turnover; need to figure out how to retain quality employees, seems they have no problem with separating the wheat from the chaff, problem is, they keep the chaff.

Advice to Management

Cut the dead weight and work on retaining the real producers. For a ~50 person company, you shouldn't be replacing half the staff every year.

"Great company! Great Environment!"

Current Employee - Account Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Associate in Tampa, FL

Pros

I came to this role after being with another company for 3 years. After being here for 90 days, I've been able to gather a fair assessment of the company.

For starters, it is in a great central location, and personally cut my previous commute in half. On top of that, it's a very positive working environment. I find Bayshore Solutions to be a great place for team building. If you like working with other people, this is the place for you. The staff is very knowledgeable and provides many opportunities to train and your sharpen digital marketing skills.

I've learned a great deal in the past 90 days, and I've only begun to scratch the surface. A personal favorite of mine are the Brain Storming sessions with my colleagues that allow us to use our creativity.

Some moments can seem overwhelming, which is the case in almost any role. Leadership and fellow team members never fail at showing support in helping you get complete the task at hand. In addition, the company advocates team outings, and the culture committee is always coming up with new ways to keep it fun in the work place.

Overall, my favorite part about this place are the people I work with here.

I have really enjoyed my experience here.

Cons

No cons that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

No advice I can think of at this time.

"Excellent atmosphere and forward thinking... And action."

Current Employee - IT Support in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - IT Support in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding employee engagement, coupled with an exciting atmosphere. I can see why clients choose Bayshore Solutions; happy employees make for satisfied clients!

Cons

Challenging pace of work, however, it's perfectly geared to someone who likes to work hard and play hard. There isn't much I can say as a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the cultural events, the monthly town halls and employee engagement. It's refreshing to see such transparency with such a high-profile company

Bayshore Solutions Response

Jul 9, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for sharing. We totally agree, happy employees make for satisfied clients and yes, we do plan to keep up with the cultural events, town halls and employee engagement events. Lots more ... More

"Innovative, fast paced, forward-thinking company with new ideas and provide growth opportunities."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of few companies I know of that uses current technologies! Our clients hire us knowing this and its great to know that what we're doing is appreciated and the results to our clients are amazing! Working with this smart team helps me learn more every day!

Cons

It's a fast paced agency world here. If you don't like things moving fast and changing it's probably not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward! The new benefits that just started are great and much appreciated! Flex Friday program is very nice to have!

"It's not the place for you"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bayshore Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I made some great friends and the pay was decent.

Cons

So many. Uninspiring and incompetent leaders and employees, negative atmosphere, too much emphasis on budgets and time tracking, never enough time to deliver quality work, and cookie-cutter clients who don't want to take risks. Bottom line, you'll get sucked in because you like some of the people you work with, but everyone is miserable and fantasizes about leaving. Misery loves company has never been truer than it is here. It eventually sucks the life out of you. I can credit Bayshore Solutions for helping me hit my emotional rock bottom and seeking help.

Advice to Management

The CEO's heart is in buying and selling speedboats and sports cars, not digital technology. He needs to sell the company to someone who inspires and innovates and that person needs to get rid of most everyone and start over. The foundation of the company is weak and will cause the company to crumble.

"Not terrible but not the best...just feels "blah""

Former Employee - Account Associate in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Account Associate in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bayshore Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing too difficult or long hours. Just kind of okay here.

Cons

I really dont feel like I lend great value to our clients. I would like to do something more- and more inspiring- with the results I know we can have. And gossip. Too much gossip.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending we are everything to everyone. There are some things we really aren't good at. Not trying to slam the company so wont list them but I think we really need to focus on the things we do well and refer clients elsewhere on the stuff we can't deliver. We are overpriced in the market

"Great Company to Work For - Terrific People and Dedicated Leaders!!!!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was hired as the HR Director for Bayshore Solutions back in November 2013. We are a fast paced, hardworking, driven organization that puts our customers and employees first in everything that we do. Like every company in our industry, we are driven by deadlines, and at times, this can be stressful for our employees. Can we be demanding and expect the best from our staff? Absolutely, our customers expect this from us and we want to deliver for them and for ourselves. Some may have defined us by being a sweatshop, but I can say, without a doubt, we are far from that, we are actually just a busy place of work, who are here to serve our customers and help them grow their business. We encourage our employees to share their opinions and have even put together an anonymous employee suggestion box for those that feel more comfortable sharing it that way. Our CEO is front and center, getting involved in all areas of our business. He knows each of our employees and truly cares about their professional development. Training, making Bayshore a great place to work, and high, quality deliverables are at the top of his to-do list. We welcome feedback from all channels, both the positive and the negative and take actions to enhance our overall working environment every chance we get. I am proud to say that I am a member of this terrific team.

Cons

As mentioned above, we are a fast-paced, busy environment, which can create stress at times. The employees at Bayshore Solutions are top notch and want to deliver high-quality deliverable to our clients. We all put stress on ourselves when we want to deliver results. We have venues to relieve that stress through our culture committee, which helps to create and maintain "fun" throughout the day. A corn hole game, X-Box station, potlucks, birthday celebrations, in office chair massages (through an outside vendor), and this month's participation of National Ice Cream day are just a few of the activities in which we offer opportunities to unwind.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to our employees. We're making great strides. There's no better time to be a part of Bayshore Solutions than now. Thank you for all that you do!!!!