Bayside Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Bob Klotz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There have been a lot of changes in the past year that have made Bayside a great place to work" (in 11 reviews)

• "The commission structure is great and if you work hard you can see quick results" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "You dont get paid overtime and the commission structure sucks" (in 4 reviews)

• "Weak producer but are a favorite, you can stay and also get paid more than your colleagues" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're new to recruiting Bayside would be the place to learn from some of the best.

If you've been working as a recruiter at another agency and are tired of being micromanaged and have unattainable goals, Bayside would be the place for you.

- No micromanagement
    - Everyone is treated as a business partner
    - The managers are by far some of the best leaders I have ever worked for
    - Awesome CEO
    - The TEAM here is amazing, it's like a big family
    - Free mentorship by one of the OG's in the industry, yes please!

Bonus Pros:
    - Pizza parties every month
    - Company provided bagels and doughnuts every Friday
    - The campus here at Bishop Ranch has all the perks including walking trails, gym, restaurants, bikes, and our view from the office is out of this world.

Cons

- The pay is a lower than industry standard for the area

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Jun 21, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback and review. It’s great to read your positive assessment of the Bayside Solutions team and nice to know that you see it as I do, as a big family.

"Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have been at Bayside Solutions for over a year and would highly recommend to anyone looking to get into staffing or searching a new home. Bayside operates differently than other staffing firms, because they treat you as business partners rather than someone who is there to simply hit daily/weekly metrics. This translates to a great company culture where people in the office are genuinely happy to show up and work together.

Cons

Like most agencies I have been a part of there has been a lot of turn over; again I feel this is more a con to the industry than Bayside. Bayside has done a great job retaining its core team.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and continue to grow the team!

Apr 18, 2018 – Manager

RESPONSE: Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback and review. With Teamwork being the anchoring pillar of our values-based culture initiative: TACIT... More

"Recruiter"

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Great leadership to learn a lot from. Good people, fun and inviting environment, and great work/life balance.

Cons

Pay structure is low, but worth it for the environment that we work in.

Apr 9, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I agree that we have a great group of people that help make Bayside Solutions a great place to work.

"Not Very Professional"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Bayside Solutions full-time

Pros

-Makes you feel welcome
    -Very Helpful

Cons

-Clicky
    -Gossip
    -Like working in a high school

Advice to Management

Promote people who have leadership skills, not people who judge and talk behimnd everyones back.

Apr 19, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry that your experience at Bayside Solutions did not match our goal of being a great place to work for you. Thanks for the... More

5. "2 years in and going strong!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The People and Leadership

Cons

Employee turnover but that's staffing

Advice to Management

Stay the course and invest in the core you have

Apr 9, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for submitting your review and feedback. People and Leadership is essential to the success of any company and I agree that Bayside Solutions has a strong team.

"Stay Away, Terrible Leadership, Joke of Pay Structure, No Respect, Untrustworthy"

Former Employee - Agency Staffing in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Agency Staffing in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Bayside Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Apply internally and you get hired. Quit and apply again and you will get hired. No degree, you get hired. Fill a seat and get some money and benefits. If you are one of the favorites, you can do whatever you want. Good training ground for "corporate life" and staffing experience. Ability to sit in a seat for 8 hours and pretend to do work; no one will notice.

The back office is a great team with good people that are undervalued and overworked.

Cons

This applies to recruitment/sales only:

***A company that has their internal employees information compromised*** Due to idiocy or incompetence, how can you trust a company that let's this happen?? How does this not have any impact on contractors??

Either get on board or get on out. Hostile work environment. Forced overtime through lunch and weekends, treated terribly if you say no. If you have a good idea you'd like to implement it will not be taken seriously. Blatant favoritism. If you are strong producer and you are not a favorite, you will be forced out. Weak producer but are a favorite, you can stay and also get paid more than your colleagues. But, they will low ball you in pay. You are treated as a number, which is odd for such a small company. If you want a promotion, you'll have to wait until someone quits. Don't worry, it will happen. This all leads to a multitude of issues that I cannot begin to list.

Yes this is staffing and turnover is high, but people leave this company in droves for a reason every other year or so for a reason.

Advice to Management

What do you even do??? Seriously so much secrecy and all you talk about is numbers no one understand and yell at employees if they don't fall in line with your old school mentality. Use of fear tactics makes for unhappy employees. Stop hiring old friends to lead. You do not live by your values. Clean house and start over.

Bob's cool, accessible, and easy to talk to/get advice from; it'd been nice to see you around more often.

Apr 18, 2018 – Manager

RESPONSE: Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We respect your right to offer an opinion, however, we disagree with your assessment. Thanks for the input and best of luck... More

7. "Great Place to Start"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What I like about the company is the location and people. Everyone works in a team and everyone has your back. It is truly a very friendly, happy environment.

Cons

The pay is lower then expected.

Advice to Management

N/A

Feb 9, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review. I would agree that we have a terrific group of people here at Bayside Solutions. Collectively, they have a great influence in creating a happy, friendly and... More

"Get in, Get out!"

I worked at Bayside Solutions full-time

Pros

Great place to ger your start in recruiting. It's a job-nothing more.

Cons

Just about everything else. Terrible money. Not a place you stay beyond a year. Dont drink the Kool-Aid. Have a plan. Stay a year and move to In-House recruiting.

Advice to Management

Wow, where to start. You would probably need to have management first before I could give advice. There is one man that kept me there, and he is the only reson I stayed as long as I did. I still respect this guy to my core, and he is certainly a metor of mine. . Honestly, I dont know what he is doing there. He could be Director of TA anywhere he wanted.

Mar 1, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Thanks for the input and best of luck in your future endeavors.

9. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Bayside Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The teams at Bayside are awesome. You will work with some of the most amazing people. If you land with a manager that’s well established, it will make recruiting a lot easier. The back office at Bayside is extremely supportive and really partners well with the recruiters. The benefits are pretty good. Commission structure is improving. Overall, this is a great place to grow as a recruiter. You will have deadlines to meet and there will be pressure to close positions but that happens everywhere. Build a good relationship with our manager and continue to learn as much as you can while working at Bayside. Many people receive promotions into sales based on their work ethic and numbers. It’s a great place to grow and learn about what you want in your career.

Cons

There is a lot of turnover. It can be overwhelming at times. Also, 3 paid sick days is NOT enough for most staff. People come into the office sick so they do not have to use their PTO and everything gets passed around the office. Which means, I’m the event you want to actually take a vacation, you don’t have enough PTO to take it paid.

Advice to Management

Continue to work closely with the employees and build the teams with the RIGHT people. Take into consideration what a work from home day might mean to some and maybe add more robust PTO.

Jan 30, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback and review. It’s nice to read your positive words regarding our teams here at Bayside Solutions. While there has been some turnover of late, I... More

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Bayside Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is a great place to start a recruiting career. Bob is a fun and friendly Boss. I wish . could say more about the rest...

Cons

The minute my teammates started leaving, management put the pressure on the strong performers instead of trying to hire new people. This caused a downshift in performance, and was reflected negatively on US....

Advice to Management

Understand that your employees are miserable and do not blame the company or people the team is leaving for.....

Jan 30, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for your review. Your kind words regarding our CEO are appreciated. Recruiting and staffing is subject to an ebb and flow that can result in turnover from time to time. Admittedly, there... More