Baystate Financial Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Dave Porter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Personal attention from experienced professionals."

Current Employee - CMO in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - CMO in Boston, MA

I have been working at Baystate Financial Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Today's complex industry calls for a wide range of specialized skills that no single financial professional can command alone. That is why Baystate Financial's distinctive model, combining experienced professionals with local support from management, is the right choice for so many top advisors.

Cons

Negative experiences repeat as long as they remain useful to you.

Advice to Management

Baystate prides itself on integrity, work ethic, professionalism, and competency. The team based support maximizes individual potential and cultivates an environment where creativity can flourish. A fundamental belief in our people and their abilities continues to be the key to our success.

2. "administrative assistant"

Pros

friendly people, willing to help

Cons

need more office space for interns

3. "Adviser"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor

Pros

Incredible place to build a career. I have worked elsewhere and this company really gets it. Great financial planning department and managing Partner Dave Porter is the best leader I have ever worked for.

Cons

Challenging industry with a lot of pending regulation

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

4. "Financial Services Representative"

Current Employee - Financial Services Associate in Wellesley, MA
    Current Employee - Financial Services Associate in Wellesley, MA

I have been working at Baystate Financial Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nice place to work, supportive management

Cons

can't say anything negative about Baystate

5. "In Business for yourself but not by yourself"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Baystate Financial Services full-time

Pros

Our industry is getting more complicated. The team at Baystate provides a client, and an adviser, more concept and product resources at the local level than any other firm of it's size. We do great, meaningful work for our clients.

Cons

The industry is changing and the company recently changed Broker Dealers. We have had some challenges related to this change mostly around technology and systems. We are also facing the DOL ruling. This isn't necessarily negative but adds another layer of change. We are looking forward to getting these changes behind us and focusing all of our energy on serving our clients.

6. "Intern"

Pros

Great office location
    Team outings
    Good summer hours

Cons

Hierarchal scheme within the office

Advice to Management

More internal promotions

7. "Internship"

Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Baystate Financial Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good culture, liberal with a touch of fiscal conservatism, free coffee and tea in the lunchroom as well as an advanced vending machine

Cons

Business casual every day, sales department returns depend on luck and connections - sometimes hardworking producers fail simply due to lack of clients rather than ability

Advice to Management

Good overall, maybe attempt to reach out to new locations and maybe outsource less clients to third party companies and provide training to own employees instead

8. "Staff Support Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Boston, MA

Pros

Great People, great work environment, upper and middle management as well as fellow staff take a genuine interest in your life, fast-paced work setting creates an atmosphere where you are constantly taking on new cases/opportunities

Whenever there is an extremely busy time of year, management understands and plans an enjoyable outing for associates

Great Experience for someone who needs training on how to talk to associates as well as customers in a face-to-face setting or over the phone.

If you are willing to put in the work as a staff member, there are plenty of co-workers that will train/teach you what you need to learn and plenty of advisors that will be appreciative or your time & effort spent

Cons

Workload can be strenuous/overwhelming at times but is manageable due to the inter-staff support system that the company has set up. If you need help, someone is willing to step up and give you the assistance you require

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Very healthy work environment, with a very good balance of fun and serious activities.

9. "Awesome Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Product Sales Support in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Product Sales Support in Boston, MA

I have been working at Baystate Financial Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Baystate Financial is highly regarded as one of the best places to work in the region and they certainly deserve the recognition. As a member of the firm's staff I'm challenged every day to continually better myself and the company. Management all the way up to the CEO take personal interest in all employees regardless of position or how long you've been with the firm. Everyone is encouraged to share thoughts and ideas and contribute and if you're willing you will be heard. There is a ton of room for advancement upward within the company and hard work is always recognized.

Throughout the year there are numerous events put on in appreciation of the staff from sporting events to lunch cruises on the Boston Harbor and it really helps to create a strong sense of comradery within the company. There are also many charity events over the course of the year that provide more opportunity to get to know those you work with better as well as give back to the local community. Overall Baystate Financial provides a very well rounded working environment and the tools you need to be successful if you're willing to use them.

Cons

If you are not motivated or are not willing to put in the work you may struggle - but those that are will be given every opportunity to succeed.

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing. What makes Baystate special is the close-knit feel and you've done a great job to cultivate and grow this throughout the years with every new employee that joins.

10. "Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Boston, MA

Pros

Best environment I have ever worked in!!! Those that criticize the place were either terminated or have no friends.

Cons

Fast paced and you need to be able to keep up

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! You didn't become the biggest and best by not doing things right and treating your staff as your customer