Bazaarvoice Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bazaarvoice CEO, President and Director Gene Austin
Gene Austin

Pros
Cons
  • You need to assert your own work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• I get no face time with senior leadership, and as a result, I never get rewarded the way a "real" employee would (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I 💜 BV!"

Current Employee - Client Services in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Client Services in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been a BV'er for over two years now and I love working here just as much as I did on my first day. Like every company, we are constantly going through change. The Execs are transparent about what the company is trying to do and I appreciate that. Love my team. I have the best VPs, managers and teammates I could ask for. My ideas and opinion are respected. As for the company itself, great culture, we celebrate our achievements, BV offers a competitive salary with room for growth, excellent benefits, flexible hours with work from home options. BV truly understands the importance of work-life balance. I could never go back to the old school management style of the corporate world.

Cons

We all work hard and play hard. When it's time to work, we get it done, even if that means working on the weekends or in the late evening sometimes. This doesn't happen often, but it's a trade off for having so much flexibility.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Thank you for keeping all of us moving forward. #OTOD

2. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Austin, TX

Pros

1. The People
    2. The Culture
    3. The Opportunity
    4. The Compensation

I very much believe Bavaarvoice provides a long term career path to accommodate personal and financial goals.

Cons

To be honest, I am too new to see any downside at this point. My only advice to others is that if you are not a passionate person, then Bazaarvoice is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

As I am a recent hire, I am too new to provide any substantial feedback at this point. I am thoroughly excited about the opportunity that has been afforded to me.

3. "People are happy to work here - REALLY!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Culture is important from the top down - they practice what they preech. Executives on not untouchable - they interact at every level. Form tribes - just do it, don't ask for permission. We are treated like adults here. You want to come to work - seriously.

Cons

I honestly have not found one thing for question and concern here.

Advice to Management

Keep on, keepin' on.

"This place rocks!"

Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

The people. The energy. The outlook. This is the most forward looking and positive environment I've ever worked in. The amount of respect that people hold for each other is impressive. From the lowest ranks to the CEO, the respect is mutual all around. Everyone has an opportunity for input and all of it is considered. I am very impressed with open and honest communication at all levels.

Cons

There is a lot of work to do here so the hours are long. Be prepared to put in some big hours. The upside is that the company provides a very relaxed environment and are supportive and understanding when you need a break.

Advice to Management

Work to scale the growth better so people don't have to put in the big hours. These are good problems for sure, but it can be tough on families.

"I've worked many places; this one is the best"

Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

Pros

Really smart people - everyone's great at what they do
    I trust the leadership - they are very open, keep us abreast of what's going on, smart.
    Fun place to work - people here are really funny and smart, lots of different types of people. Good mix of old and young people
    Culture is truly important - it really does matter to the CEO and exec management. They really do what to keep employees happy and it shows.

Cons

The location is a haul for me personally, but it's a beautiful office. Wish there were more places to eat lunch nearby
    Really high standards for hiring means it takes a long time to get good people on board, and by the time we do, everyone's exhausted. BUT it's still good that we have a high bar; it means that, more often than not, we get the right person for the job.

Advice to Management

We get to give feedback to management every quarter, and they actually read it, so I don't need to give them any feedback here.

"Glad to be here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Culture
    Taco Deli
    Competent people
    Vision
    Foreward thinking
    Respect
    Unlimited vacation (it's up to YOU to take advantage of it)

Cons

We're experiencing some growing pains due to rapid expansion (which is to be expected). I'm on the sales team, and I realize that there are rock stars in every department. I think we should continue staff up in the tech services arena, as this seems to be the area feeling the pain the most.

Advice to Management

It'll be interesting to see what comes from the results of the "climate survey" that we just took. Hopefully, this will allow everyone to air their grievances and issues will be addresse/changes made.

8. "Great Place To Be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Happy environment - lots of smiles
    Feels like a team - everybody works together well
    Great benefits

Cons

I think some departments have been a bit short staffed, but they seem to be fixing that.

Advice to Management

Maybe do something for non-sales departments like a trip or something

9. "Well deserving of "best companies in Austin""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

I have grown so much in the last three years with Bazaarvoice. I have been challenged professionally, had no issues with taking 3+ weeks of vacation each year, and definitely feel I'm working with one of the best teams I've ever seen.

Cons

The growth rate is insane, so it's been difficult to keep up. Additionally, the bar is so high (both for interviewing and while you're here) that it's tough to know when you're doing well enough, even with the praise from management.

Advice to Management

Maintain the transparency through our crazy growth. Lead by example. Teach us all what it's taken to build Bazaarvoice so that we can replicate this elsewhere.

10. "I love it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

The culture is fantastic and there is room for growth.

Cons

Some people have to stay late to finish their work.

Advice to Management

I like the way it is organized.

11. "Just a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Challenging environment that requires high performance from all employees. Flexible vacation and personal time policies. Management by objective. Competent and open mid and upper management. Fast growth company with a huge upside to the business. Social and collaborative teams. A lot of opportunity for personal and professional growth.

Cons

Can require long hours when situation calls for it. Compenastion is average, but not high for Austin.