Beachbody Reviews | Glassdoor

Beachbody Reviews

Found 344 reviews

Carl Daikeler
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management claims to have a hiring freeze but brings in multiple VPs with ridiculous salaries(in 29 reviews)

• "Very poor senior management, changes frequently, abusive managers(in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"My Experience At Beachbody"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Beachbody full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Beachbody has been always so flexible and loving, I was able to continue my education while working full time, until I finished my B.S. degree. Beachbody was always supporting me all the way. For me education is really important and they offer so many opportunities for growth in leadership. Thanks!

Cons

Every team, including IT needs to push towards always making the company revenue and learning about attribution.

Advice to Management

Learning about attribution

"Absolute best job I have ever had"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Beachbody full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Culture, People, environment, Bonuses, Benefits

Cons

Can be very hard work. Very competitive & is definitely a high performance environment

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!! You rock!!

"Disengaged Upper Management"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Beachbody full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Only the freebies and handouts like onsite gym and stocked break rooms.

Cons

Upper management is non existent and so disengaged they don’t even know what their own teams do. The executives chase off the good people. If the annual layoffs don’t cut headcount then you’re sure to lose people on a weekly basis. The turnover is absurd. People leave for better opportunities. The company is more worried about bringing in outside hires for insanely high titles that never work instead of promoting the...

Advice to Management

Find senior staff that actually show up for work and lead their teams. If the CEO is so worried about is Instagram and being in workout videos then focus on just that. Hire someone that actually knows how to run a business and stop the bleeding.

4. "Great products, good support, tough compensation"

I have been working at Beachbody part-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Wonderful products for health and wellness, positive environment of growth

Cons

Tough compensation at 25% of any sales. Yes—if you build a big team you can make big money, but hard if you only want to share with friends and family.

"If you have any other option, I suggest you take it"

Former Employee - Director in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Beachbody full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

They pay well above the market... because they have to. The level of effort required to survive is near none. You could literally get a job, collect inflated paychecks for a year or so and do zero work. It happened more than once in my time there.

Cons

Unfortunately Beachbody is affected by a terrible case of leadership disconnect and ineptitude. The company is full of long tenure incompetence and individuals that have titles well beyond their skills and experience. They're horrible at running the business, so expect yearly layoffs and no bonus payouts at least half the time. There's no denying that the company grew and grew rapidly, but this was a situation of right...

Advice to Management

Get some help. On the technology side, take a long hard look at your staff and your stack and make the right decisions to move forward with a modern architecture. Stop rewarding incompetent leadership with new roles. Start asking yourself "why?" a lot more often than you do now. And for goodness sakes, take care of what little talent is left int hat place, because you've made it near impossible to recruit anyone worth...

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Beachbody full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Great benefits, free snacks, on site gym, tuition reimbursement, flexible work schedule, unlimited PTO

Cons

Promotions are difficult to achieve. Raises are far and none. If you do see promotions and raises, you seem to ask yourself why did they get one? What do they do here? Favoritism is obvious. Upper management claims to have a hiring freeze but brings in multiple VPs with ridiculous salaries. Go figure...

Advice to Management

Hire the worker bees that actually run the business. The company is at a state where everyone is overworked and you decide to bring in people who are new to the business and can’t lead. Why do you need a Director, Senior Director, VP, and Senior VP in one department and only have 2 lower level employees that actually do the work and make you look good? People will eventually start leaving.

"Promotions"

Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Beachbody

Pros

There's a lot of flexibility here which is a big plus.

Cons

Promotions are very difficult to achieve. When you do hear about promotions you find out they are being done behind the scenes because everyone is being told all promotions and hiring's are frozen.

Advice to Management

Tell your employees the truth about what is happening so they don't hear about it from the rumor mill.

"former coach"

I worked at Beachbody full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Awesome products, most of my teammates were great

Cons

my pay dropped dramatically for no apparent reason (was a 6-figure earner), the last few workout programs weren't the best.

"Manager"

I worked at Beachbody full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great benefits, great work/life balance, flexible schedule, gym on site that you are actually encouraged to use, very friendly and diverse employees, and overall a fun place to work.

Cons

Like many quickly growing companies, there are some growing pains and uncertainty. Layoffs two years in row were difficult and took some time for company to clearly define their vision for the future, but I think they're on the right footing.

Advice to Management

Keep offering good benefits and accepting feedback from employees. Keep up the transparency and accountability of senior management.

"Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Beachbody full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great work life balance and great pay. Opportunity to work with talented people and to develop your career. The company really does try to take care of the employees.

Cons

There has been high turnover as of late, but this has also been an opportunity to take on more responsibility and grow one's skillset

Found 344 reviews