Beachbody Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

4.0
Beachbody Chairman and CEO Carl Daikeler (no image)
Carl Daikeler
Pros
  • "Great culture, great management, great benefits, positive experience overall(in 21 reviews)

• "This company really cares about its employees and achieving its mission to help people live healthy, fulfilling lives(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management claims to have a hiring freeze but brings in multiple VPs with ridiculous salaries(in 30 reviews)

• "There should be more compensation opportunities for emerald coaches(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Fast-paced with endless opportunities

Nov 20, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Extremely supportive, especially during COVID. Beachbody was one of the first companies to go fully remote, and is remote until July 2021. The company respects everyone's varying comfort levels and puts employee safety over everything. -Stable and growing!! Beachbody has been around for 21 years, so it isn't just growing due to COVID. We are expanding and taking the business to new heights. It's a really exciting time to be apart of Beachbody and the subsidiary company, Openfit. -Our products help people. If you want to be a part of a mission-driven company that offers affordable health & fitness products, Beachbody is it! -Competitive compensation & great benefits/perks -Career advancement opportunities within your department or others

Cons

No cons. However, processes can always be improved and fine tuned. Especially in growth mode, things can feel a little chaotic. But if you thrive in fast-paced environments, you will do well here.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Great!

Apr 4, 2021 - Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing coworkers and benefits love this place

Cons

I don’t really have any complaints

3. 4.0

Good company

May 10, 2021 - Executive Director in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits were great - fun culture

Cons

Slow moving company at times

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Toxic environment with no direction

Apr 26, 2021 - Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary Access to Beachbody on Demand Discount on products Most colleagues try to be helpful even though they are busy

Cons

You will never be able to work enough. 60 hours a week and you will still be behind. That competitive salary is negated once you realize how much you're working. Heavy meeting culture in engineering. Be prepared to have most of your day in meetings (4-6 hours). Lots of gossiping and talking down to individuals in front of peers. Had someone in leadership mention that taking three days off for PTO could be a lot to ask for. There is no onboarding process so be expected to do things most people do six months into employment on day two. You'll be pinged 24/7 and it seems like setting boundaries to not answer is frowned upon.

3 people found this review helpful

Beachbody Response

Director, Employee Experience, Diversity and Inclusion

Hello, Thank you for your candid feedback. I am sorry to hear this about your experience working at The Beachbody Company—we value feedback from all of our employees, both current and former, so I would like to take a moment to address some of your concerns. First, because we continue to grow and never stop innovating, The Beachbody Company is a fast-paced environment. And as we continue to remain unable to collaborate in-person in our current remote working environment, that does mean we have to rely on Zoom meetings to accomplish our ambitious goals. That being said, we never want our valued employees to feel as though they are overwhelmed by their workload or that they are unable to perform their essential job duties because of meetings. Our employees’ mental wellness and work/life balance are top priorities for us, especially since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic when the lines between our work and home lives became blurred. In an effort to promote work/life balance, we launched “Zoom Resistance Guidelines” to reduce the frequency and length of Zoom meetings and ease meeting fatigue. Additionally, because we understand that life does not always fit into the traditional 9-5 mold, we have a Core Hours Policy that allows employees to set certain hours and enjoy increased flexibility in their schedules. The People Department has also communicated to employees the importance of setting work boundaries and limitations. We are also proud to offer a flexible and robust Vacation Policy that allows employees to take time off as needed. Carl has been vocal about the importance of employees maintaining a healthy work/life balance and encourages employees to take time off when they need to. We cannot help our Coaches and customers enjoy healthy, fulfilling lives if we are not following suit and also taking the time to maintain our health and wellbeing. We also strive to create and perpetuate a culture of belonging, collaboration, and trust. One thing we have never changed or compromised on is our Core Values of treating people with respect and being courageously forthright, which has always been and remains a critical pillar for The Beachbody Company. Any and all complaints or concerns around employee conduct are aggressively investigated by both our People and Legal departments under our Zero Tolerance Policy against any form of harassment. To further support this, we provide multiple forums for our employees, contractors and even vendors to raise any concerns they may have, including an anonymous tip line. Finally, our Talent Development Team prides itself on providing our new employees with a comprehensive and thorough onboarding. Our new employees can expect to spend most of their first day at The Beachbody Company in a New Hire Orientation. And the onboarding process doesn’t stop there—new hires can expect numerous touch-points throughout their first few days, weeks, and months with members of The People Department, various stakeholders, and members of their own teams. We also re-group with our new hires during a New Hire Lunch thirty days after they start with the company so we can address any remaining questions or concerns. And we are constantly working to refine and perfect our onboarding process, so we always encourage new employees to share their feedback. We want the time our employees spend at The Beachbody Company to be a source of fulfillment and gratification, so I am sorry your experience wasn’t what you had hoped for. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

5. 3.0

Ok company

May 11, 2021 - Senior IT Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

On-site gym and free smoothies

Cons

Disorganized and lots of incompetent people

6. 1.0

Toxic- Don't believe the fake 5 stars

Jan 18, 2021 - Quality Assurance in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO Can workout during the day (in office only) Access to online workouts

Cons

Good luck using that unlimited PTO Everyone is a director or VP and most of them are terrible at their jobs Middle management is top heavy with directors, sr. directors, executive directors Departments don't work well with each other Those 4 and 5 start reviews are written by marketing This place is really toxic. I once saw a contractor get driven out because one of the 25 project managers talked smack about them to anyone who would listen and their boss did nothing about it. I've watched as projects fell into chaos and the directors who lead those projects got promoted despite it. I've seen people alienated and ridiculed. Too many bosses, not enough workers things don't get done on time. It is a popularity contest and the longer you kiss up to management the more likely you will stay. Lots of lay offs. People don't work well across departments. Lots of gossip. If you aren't at director level good luck moving up in the company. There is always a fire. Lots of useless meetings. They think culture means lots of Zoom meetings and talking about drinking and partying. If I didn't need the healthcare benefits I'd be outta here. BTW shakeology is just sugar water with some protein powder thrown in and the coaches don't have to know anything about fitness. They are sales people who make money off of the suckers who sign up.

17 people found this review helpful

Beachbody Response

Director, Employee Experience, Diversity and Inclusion

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am sorry to hear this about your experience at The Beachbody Company. We value all of our current and former employees’ feedback, so I would like to take a moment to address some of your concerns. First, we strive to create and perpetuate a culture of belonging, collaboration, and trust. The last thing Carl would want is for you to feel as though you are working in a negative environment. One thing we have never changed or compromised on is our Core Values of treating people with respect and being courageously forthright, which has always been and remains a critical pillar for The Beachbody Company. Any and all complaints or concerns around employee conduct are aggressively investigated by both our People and Legal departments under our Zero Tolerance Policy against any form of harassment. To further support this, we provide multiple forums for our employees, contractors and even vendors to raise any concerns they may have, including an anonymous Ethics and Compliance Hotline. Have you tried elevating your concerns to your direct manager, your manager’s manager, or the People Department? Additionally, if you would like to remain anonymous, you can always submit feedback in Officevibe, and one of our People Department Business Partners or a member of the Leadership Team will address your concerns and take any necessary action promptly. We encourage you to reach out to whomever you feel most comfortable with so we can address and navigate your concerns appropriately. In terms of paid time off, we are proud to offer a flexible and robust Vacation Policy that allows exempt employees to take time off as needed. Carl has been vocal about the importance of employees maintaining a healthy work/life balance and encourages employees to take time off when they need to. We cannot help our Coaches and customers enjoy healthy, fulfilling lives if we are not following suit and also taking the time to maintain our health and wellbeing. If you feel you aren’t able to take time off, please discuss with your manager, manager’s manager, or People Department Business Partner. Additionally, I would like to assure you that our Glassdoor reviews are not in any way fabricated by leveraging internal departments to write them (Glassdoor also has mechanisms in place to prevent fake reviews). All of our feedback is written authentically by our current and former employees. We encourage employees to be 100% honest and transparent with us so that we can continue to make The Beachbody Company an even better place to work! Further, anyone is welcome to head to TeamBeachbody.com and read a comprehensive ingredient list of all of our nutritional products, including each Shakeology flavor. On top of 16–17g of high-quality protein, Shakeology also contains digestive enzymes, prebiotics, probiotics, adaptogens, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Here is a page where you can further explore the Shakeology ingredient list: https://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/us/shakeology/ingredients. Finally, our Coaches receive extensive training to ensure they have a thorough understanding of our business and the programs and products we offer. The Coach Office provides our Coaches with product and business training, personal business reporting tools, marketing support and materials, and more. We want your time at The Beachbody Company to be a source of fulfillment and gratification, so we strongly encourage you to use any of the mentioned resources to help alleviate your concerns. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

HR is fair and engineering environment is competitive

Apr 1, 2021 - Senor Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary and open for negotiations

Cons

Engineering environment is competitive and there is no technical onboarding process

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Great place to work

Feb 12, 2021 - Full Time Employee in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, flexible schedule, free nutrition supplements. Seriously some of the best co workers you will ever meet. Most people are positive minded and really look out for each other to make sure everyone has what they need to do their job well.

Cons

Leadership sometimes thinks they know better than the experts they hired. And sometimes they do, but often this leads to some real missed opportunities.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Mar 30, 2021 - Senior Financial Analyst in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing place to work, love it.

Cons

Santa Monica is a hard place to commute to.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working In The Time of Covid

Sep 8, 2020 - Anonymous Current Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beachbody is a great place to work. I have felt that ever since I joined and my feelings have only been reinforced during this unprecedented time. Beachbody has been decisive and generous from the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Quickly moving to work from home even before the the city mandate. From the beginning, they provided employees with a work from allowance which has since been increased to help cover internet costs and the like. They have delivered office furniture and computer equipment to employees that request it. The company organized employee zoom training sessions on being effective in a remote work environment. Weekly Ask Me Anything events where the CEO answers any questions with honesty and transparency. The commitment to our continued safety is much appreciated as many of us continue to be concerned. During this time of incredible chaos and uncertainty, management had has been unflinchingly steady and focused, and I am grateful to be a part of this organization.

Cons

Everyone is working really hard. Sometimes we need more reminders to take a break.

6 people found this review helpful