Beacon Digital Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2020

5.0
Beacon Digital CEO and Founder Whitney Parker Mitchell (no image)
Whitney Parker Mitchell
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Dream Digital Agency in the Scenic Hudson Valley

Aug 12, 2020 - Director of Marketing Automation & Analytics in Hudson, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Working with a team of supremely talented co-workers. As a full service agency, I love working alongside experts in other areas of digital marketing such as website development, SEO, creative/design, ABM strategy, and more. - Strong, growing client base in well-defined, growing B2B verticals. - Collaborative work environment that places a high emphasis on quality work that delivers results for clients. - Leadership team that values inputs from all employees and team members and values transparency and doing the right thing for clients.

Cons

- Fast-paced agency environment which can result in high workloads. This could be tough in those transitioning from in-house marketing positions. - As a growing agency, processes, tools, and procedures can be adjusted or changed as needed, requiring flexibility from team members to adjust quickly.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A unique Agency, wonderful team and endless opportunities

Jun 25, 2020 - Director of Production in Beacon, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful colleagues, respectful and truly the best of the best experts in the field. Flexibility to work from office or home - as long as you get the job done! Management really listens to their staff's needs, wants, concerns, feedback As the startup is puts down roots, I've witnessed awesome efforts made to give each employee the time and resources to learn new skills, trades and to deepen their knowledge in their particular expertise or interest. And management is always offering up courses on new and trendy certifications that the employees can choose to take/ participate in. I can say personally, the work / life balance is great. You are expected to get the job done and unless you are backed against a crazy deadline (which happens!) then sometime a few hours past 6pm or on the weekend are needed. But that is not the norm, I would not say. The company culture has been warm and inviting since day 1, and if you live local to Beacon, NY there are often happy hours and group outings! This team likes to hike the Mount Beacon firetower - which means the team is in good shape as that is no easy climb!

Cons

I personally did not see any red flags working with this company (for over the past 10 months)! Although its good to mention that what comes with the territory of a start up Digital Agency is room for growth and the establishment of new processes - so if you are a visionary and see challenges or inefficiencies as opportunities for improvement or innovation, then you would feel right at home with this team.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great work environment, great people!

Jul 7, 2020 - Paid Media Associate in Otisville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for Beacon Digital is the CEO appreciates you and your hard work, the team is a pleasure to be around, and your work day is flexible within reason. Overall, it's been such a great experience, so happy I found this organization!

Cons

You have to be organized and disciplined, especially if working remote like me, which I think isn't for everybody.

4. 5.0

Fast-Paced, Growing Agency!

Oct 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Beacon, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Talented, friendly, and hardworking team where everyone pulls their weight and is willing to learn Diverse industry clients, and a variety of projects that keep the day-to-day interesting Flexibility to work from the Beacon Digital local office space or remote. Also, flexibility in taking personal time or PTO Potential for growth within your role as the company is continuing to expand There is little micromanagement and you are trusted to get your work done on your own terms

Cons

Employees are given a lot of responsibility, and workload can be heavy. You will have to be able to work hard and smart to manage your time wisely There are no “easy” days, right now we are all hands on deck to accomplish projects and tasks As processes and procedures change you have to be flexible and adapt quickly

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great work environment and lots of opportunity

Sep 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, fun and talented team of people who are very supportive of each other. Dedicated leadership that is committed to moving the company forward and making Beacon Digital an attractive place to work. Laid back atmosphere - we're serious about producing good work for our clients but we don't take ourselves too seriously. A lot of opportunity to carve out your own path and department Flexible work environment and great benefits

Cons

We work across many different clients which makes it difficult to focus on more in-depth deliverables. While people being willing to jump in and help out is a positive, we are still in an "everyone do everything" mindset that can be inefficient. We're a small (but growing team) which can mean some long work weeks to meet all of our clients' needs.

6. 5.0

Great Company and Great Staff

Sep 27, 2018 - Copy Writer in Beacon, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Beacon Digital has been an amazing experience so far. Everyone on the team is incredibly welcoming and willing to help at the drop of a hat. Beacon Digital values all of its employees and offers a comfortable working environment. The ability to work remotely and the flexible PTO is just one of the many perks available through Beacon Digital.

Cons

As typical with an agency position, it can be intimidating at the start to grasp what each client does and what they're looking for, but Beacon Digital has great organizational procedures in place to alleviate that stress.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Growing agency with a great team.

Sep 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Beacon Digital is a great agency to work for that really values it's employees. As the company has grown, they have consistently worked to expanded the benefits offered and provide more value to us. Remote work options are available and the company is flexible with their PTO policy. Our clients provide interesting work and we have the opportunity to have a large impact on their campaigns.

Cons

With any agency, clients can sometimes be difficult but overall we have a great group of clients.

8. 5.0

Growing Start Up with Diverse Clients

Sep 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Beacon Digital is an excellent place to work. Employees are valued and we have flexible work options along with a growing number of benefits. It's always a good day when you work with talented and knowledgeable coworkers who are team players and dedicated to what they do. The work is always interesting, with B2B clients from diverse industries.

Cons

As a start-up, there is lots to juggle! Sometimes that means long days to accomplish everything that needs doing as we continue to grow.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Never a dull moment!

Sep 28, 2018 - Senior Web Developer in Beacon, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced work environment with co-workers who are always encouraging you. Collaborative working environment where your ideas are respected and valued. Flexible working arrangement. Can work from home or at office. Company understands that for it to grow, it needs to provide its employees opportunity to grow and thrive.

Cons

Company is young and still trying to figure out best workflows which can lead to some confusion. Work can feel overwhelming at times.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

A great team to be a part of!

Sep 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work environment + great benefits Smart, talented, friendly coworkers who make coming to work every day enjoyable Interesting, challenging clients who truly appreciate all the work we do Having a voice in shaping the culture, processes, and team

Cons

Big changes! As a young company, we are constantly revising our internal processes to better serve our clients and ourselves, which can mean learning new tools and having to adapt quickly to changes in routine

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews