Beacon Digital Reviews

Updated May 3, 2022

Found 17 of over 17 reviews

5.0
Beacon Digital CEO and Founder Whitney Parker Mitchell (no image)
Whitney Parker Mitchell

16 Comments

Advertising

115.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Beacon Digital~2110086
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Flexible work environment and great benefits(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The perfect agency environment does exist

May 3, 2022 - Content Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible team, extensive professional development and advancement opportunities, remote first, office optional. Work reasonable hours and still achieve goals that keep our clients happy.

Cons

There isn't one single con!

2. 5.0

Remote First Company with Awesome Culture

May 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Beacon Digital is a remote-first company that will never make employees return to the office! Coming from a company that had zero opportunity to work from home, the flexibility that Beacon Digital offers is a breathe of fresh air. And even though everyone is remote, Beacon Digital still manages to foster a company culture that's inclusive and welcoming. They plan two in-person retreats every year - one at the Beacon headquarters and one at a fun location (this year was Las Vegas!).

Cons

Starting at a new company fully remote can be difficult. They have a good onboarding system with Zoom sessions daily and training videos, but the main form of communication is via Slack which can be challenging to get used to at first. Overall the pros outweigh the cons.

3. 5.0

Such a Great Company, Sometimes I Question That It's Real

Feb 3, 2022 - Account Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

A company culture of genuinely caring about each and every one of the employees Learning is valued, and encouraged with company skill days A well-managed workload Clients that will challenge you and help you grow. You will always have support when you need it

Cons

I truly have not come up with any cons since working at Beacon. I did try my absolutely hardest just to add weight to my review, however I genuinely believe in this company, our CEO's vision, and the team. Honestly the biggest downside is working entirely remote, as I do enjoy the staff.

Beacon Digital Response

CEO + Founder

What an amazing review! I'm so happy to hear about all the things that are working well (it's just as important as hearing about the things that are not working!). We're excited to have two all-staff retreats a year, but agree I wish it were more!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

The First Company That Actually Cares About Me!

Jan 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Amazing coworkers *Amazing CEO (smart, kind, views everybody as equals) *Amazing flexibility and work-life balance *I have received so many thoughtful and expensive gifts from the company as appreciation (and every employee gets it!) *Amazing benefits like PTO (WE GET SO MUCH PTO! The company legit closes for over 2 weeks to give us a nice vacation, and that's on top of the generous personal PTO time) *We get a fun company retreat to different places every year (this year is VEGA$) *A lot of room fro growth, and they do have growth plans for you as well!

Cons

*I wish they gave a 401K Employer match, but I hear that is coming soon! *I wish they let you start contributing to 401K sooner than 6 months, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do that in the future! *The company is growing so fast, so training new employees can be a little disorganized. - This is why it usually takes a couple months minimum (usually) for employees to start to feel like they have the hang of everything, but we are creating training guides to help with that process!

Beacon Digital Response

CEO + Founder

Thanks for the great feedback! We're 100% committed to offering the best benefits we can to our team. Without our team, there is no business -- so we're focused on creating the best team environment possible that enables us all to do our best work!

5. 5.0

Amazing Culture + Work Ethic

Oct 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Open communication from the top down - Supportive teammates - Flexible schedule - Great benefits

Cons

- We don't get to see each other in person every day 😉

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Dream Digital Agency in the Scenic Hudson Valley

Aug 12, 2020 - Director of Marketing Automation & Analytics in Hudson, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Working with a team of supremely talented co-workers. As a full service agency, I love working alongside experts in other areas of digital marketing such as website development, SEO, creative/design, ABM strategy, and more. - Strong, growing client base in well-defined, growing B2B verticals. - Collaborative work environment that places a high emphasis on quality work that delivers results for clients. - Leadership team that values inputs from all employees and team members and values transparency and doing the right thing for clients.

Cons

- Fast-paced agency environment which can result in high workloads. This could be tough in those transitioning from in-house marketing positions. - As a growing agency, processes, tools, and procedures can be adjusted or changed as needed, requiring flexibility from team members to adjust quickly.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great work environment, great people!

Jul 7, 2020 - Paid Media Associate in Otisville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for Beacon Digital is the CEO appreciates you and your hard work, the team is a pleasure to be around, and your work day is flexible within reason. Overall, it's been such a great experience, so happy I found this organization!

Cons

You have to be organized and disciplined, especially if working remote like me, which I think isn't for everybody.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A unique Agency, wonderful team and endless opportunities

Jun 25, 2020 - Director of Production in Beacon, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful colleagues, respectful and truly the best of the best experts in the field. Flexibility to work from office or home - as long as you get the job done! Management really listens to their staff's needs, wants, concerns, feedback As the startup is puts down roots, I've witnessed awesome efforts made to give each employee the time and resources to learn new skills, trades and to deepen their knowledge in their particular expertise or interest. And management is always offering up courses on new and trendy certifications that the employees can choose to take/ participate in. I can say personally, the work / life balance is great. You are expected to get the job done and unless you are backed against a crazy deadline (which happens!) then sometime a few hours past 6pm or on the weekend are needed. But that is not the norm, I would not say. The company culture has been warm and inviting since day 1, and if you live local to Beacon, NY there are often happy hours and group outings! This team likes to hike the Mount Beacon firetower - which means the team is in good shape as that is no easy climb!

Cons

I personally did not see any red flags working with this company (for over the past 10 months)! Although its good to mention that what comes with the territory of a start up Digital Agency is room for growth and the establishment of new processes - so if you are a visionary and see challenges or inefficiencies as opportunities for improvement or innovation, then you would feel right at home with this team.

9. 5.0

Fast-Paced, Growing Agency!

Oct 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Beacon, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Talented, friendly, and hardworking team where everyone pulls their weight and is willing to learn Diverse industry clients, and a variety of projects that keep the day-to-day interesting Flexibility to work from the Beacon Digital local office space or remote. Also, flexibility in taking personal time or PTO Potential for growth within your role as the company is continuing to expand There is little micromanagement and you are trusted to get your work done on your own terms

Cons

Employees are given a lot of responsibility, and workload can be heavy. You will have to be able to work hard and smart to manage your time wisely There are no “easy” days, right now we are all hands on deck to accomplish projects and tasks As processes and procedures change you have to be flexible and adapt quickly

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

A great team to be a part of!

Sep 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work environment + great benefits Smart, talented, friendly coworkers who make coming to work every day enjoyable Interesting, challenging clients who truly appreciate all the work we do Having a voice in shaping the culture, processes, and team

Cons

Big changes! As a young company, we are constantly revising our internal processes to better serve our clients and ourselves, which can mean learning new tools and having to adapt quickly to changes in routine

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews