Beacon Healthcare Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. Featured Review

"Account"

I have been working at Beacon Healthcare Communications full-time

Pros

I've never said this before, but I'm proud of Beacon. We are dealing with some business changes but management is standing pat, bringing in new business, and no staff changes. They also took time to speak to everybody so we all know that Beacon is in good shape moving forward.

Cons

I just wish they would order less spinach pizza.

2. "Many Opportunities to Learn and Contribute as Part of a Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

I have been working at Beacon Healthcare Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beacon employees are talented, experienced professionals who are also fun to work with! They're generous with their time and I've learned a lot from my co-workers during the year I've been here. The company isn't too big, so there are opportunities to show what you can do in areas not technically within your job description. There's a spirit of collaboration and cooperation, as well as a sense that management cares about the company's employees.

Cons

I'd like to see the lunch break shortened so the work day could be a bit shorter; it's a long day if you commute from a distance. Also, the ability to work from home on occasion would be a helpful employee accommodation in certain situations (e.g., unexpected car or house trouble).

Advice to Management

The upbeat, friendly atmosphere, coupled with the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills by learning from the best, make Beacon an excellent place to work. Keep tabs on the growing workload and add staff as needed.

3. "Great Place With Great People"

Current Employee - Account Services in Bedminster, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Services in Bedminster, NJ

Pros

Been working here for the last year. The company has hired a bunch of new people who have really been great to work with. Overall, there's a 'team mentality' to the place. Many of the newer people are also experienced and smart so its been more fun and challenging at the same time. Regularly scheduled happy hours with different teams has been a fun addition as well. I previously worked in the City where late hours are a must, this place is def not a sweat shop!

Cons

Not sure as I like it here.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward.

"STAY AWAY YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED"

Former Employee - Accountant in Bedminster, NJ

I worked at Beacon Healthcare Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They set you up to work comfortably.

Cons

You get setup to fail, they is little to no training. They are backstabbers, and no clue how to retain people, they have a high turn over rate.

Advice to Management

Please get retrained on how to deal with people and try to be flexible, and also get a new computer technician he has no clue what network security really is.

"Depressing, uninspiring, and rigid"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

I worked at Beacon Healthcare Communications full-time

Pros

Some of the people were nice. Digital group very smart.

Cons

No communication, no training/development, low morale, lots of yellers in senior management, tons of turnover, space is dark/dingy, no real perks (not even a Kurig machine)

Advice to Management

Retention. Make your employees happy. Show you support and appreciate them. Make it a fun work environment. Make personal day policies and working from home more flexible.

"Accountant"

Former Employee - Accountant in Bedminster, NJ

I worked at Beacon Healthcare Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everybody was very kind and nice

Cons

Everything is too controlled almost like the military, they have little network security and the PC technician there knows nothing, I knew more than him.

Advice to Management

Take responsibility for your actions instead of blaming it in the new guy, also please train correctly instead of giving me a general answer to everything.

"Great co-workers, but no flexibility."

Former Employee - Traffic Manager in Bedminster, NJ
    Former Employee - Traffic Manager in Bedminster, NJ

Pros

The other members of my team were great and communicated well with each other.

Cons

Management doesn't seem to understand that employees are happiest when they have a good work/life balance. There isn't any flexibility in the scheduled day.

Advice to Management

I feel senior management needs to realize that their employees are people with lives and that in order for the employees to remain happy, there needs to be a balance.

"Decent place to pass through, but no longevity."

Former Employee - Account Management in Bedminster, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Management in Bedminster, NJ

Pros

Insofar as advertising agencies, the overall time you need to put in is very fair. There is a core of very talented folks who are willing to share their expertise and knowledge.

Cons

Total lack of flexibility; the hours are 9 - 6. If you have small children Beacon is not the place for you, unless you have a stay at home spouse or nanny. Benefit package needs improvement. In all fairness, the small staff may drive the benefits, but there could be areas that can be cut back (e.g. holiday party) and more pumped into benefits. Turnover is significant -- around 50% a year for the past two years.

Advice to Management

Provide more of a work /life balance. A few high level administrators can have sensitivity training.

10. "As long as it stays a family company."

Current Employee - Foreman
    Current Employee - Foreman

I have been working at Beacon Healthcare Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small company with accessible management.

Cons

They need to pay more.

Advice to Management

Care as much about your field techs as you do your office staff.

11. "Great for experience!"

I worked at Beacon Healthcare Communications full-time

Pros

Intimate group of professionals that strive to have a good work/life balance.

Cons

Needs to balance experienced and inexperienced employees.