KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Beacon Hill Staffing Group Reviews

Updated Nov 19, 2021

Found 678 of over 1,408 reviews

4.4
Beacon Hill Staffing Group Chief Executive Officer Andrew Wang (no image)
Andrew Wang
Pros
  • "I didn't work there but I used them in my job search(in 33 reviews)

• "Highly recommend Beacon Hill if you’re looking for a more than great place to work with or for(in 31 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Nothing bad to say at all they are just very persistent with the phone calls(in 12 reviews)

• "I have nothing bad to say about Beacon-Hill(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Beacon Hill Staffing Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Top Notch Recruitment

Nov 18, 2021 - Client
      Business Outlook

Pros

Highly personable, timely, efficient, comprehensive, encouraging, reliable

Cons

It's taken me some time to find the right fit with Beacon Hill, considering there aren't often many nonprofit opportunities. But, I'm glad to have stuck with them because Mary Grimm and her team have managed to find placement for me I couldn't be more thrilled about!

Senior Marketing Coordinator

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We truly appreciate your positive feedback!

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Terrible Management & Onboarding

Nov 18, 2021 - Associate Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hybrid schedule so you’d come into the office three times per week. The pay was good especially for an entry level recruiter. Overall company seemed good but LA office is terrible.

Cons

They’d give you less than 12 hours notice if you need to come into the office. Management didn’t communicate or train properly - made negative remarks whenever questions were asked. They lied about having a team structure and people to learn from because they stuck me in a small office space with only my division director - less than 6 feet apart during COVID. They didnt give me a mentor to officially train me until 4 months in. They weren’t understanding of home emergencies when working remotely - I was fired because I let them know 2 hours after the incident occurred and not right away even though i was in the ambulance during that time.

Senior Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your candid feedback. We appreciate hearing directly from you. Our goal is for everyone to have a positive experience working with our firm and we take our obligations seriously. We would like to have you speak with a senior member of our HR team so that we can improve our employee relations in the region you mention. If you are interested in doing this please send us an email at contactus@beaconhillstaffing.com and I will put you in touch with the Director of HR.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Phenomenal Company

Nov 11, 2021 - Technical Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership, from your immediate manager to the CEO, cares about you. The culture breeds success and provides an excellent work-life balance. I am genuinely excited to go to work in the mornings.

Cons

None. If I have any, my manager is approachable and helpful.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Nov 9, 2021 - Senior Staffing Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

They did a great job of making their employees feel valued, there are quarterly outings with your office that are quite fun and also an amazing Holiday party in Boston that they fly everyone out for. They very much focus on people and the right fits for positions not the quantity of people they could use,

Cons

They do not match your 401K; because offices are in different locations they have different markets. So if you're in a smaller market, you may be working just as hard as someone in a larger market so the smaller markets it's MUCH harder to reach President's Club.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Run Away

Oct 11, 2021 - Legal Staffing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, friendly environment, easy work.

Cons

Seniority, prejudice, overworked, not organized. I was hired for a full time position and worked for just three weeks. Training consisting of the first two. I was told I could do a hybrid with 2 days in the office and the rest at home, but I quickly learned that was a lie. Everyone knew it was about an 1 hour 30 minute drive each way but forced me to come in 5 days a week which is not what I was previously promised. My managers would skip out showing up to work for reasons like “family day trip,” or “homecoming dance” but if I had a legit reason that I got sick or had a migraine I was put on the chopping block being questioned about my commitment to the team. Everyone is over 40 and up, so new grads are impossible to feel like a part of the team since you’re basically treated like a slave with no personal life balance. Everyday you’re on the chopping block unless you’ve been with the company for at least 3 years, then you basically can do whatever you want.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Got me a position within a week and a half!

Jul 16, 2021 - IT Service Desk Contractor in Citrus Heights, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Justin Malki contacted me right away after I had posted to my LinkedIn and Indeed that I was looking for a job. He helped place me in a position within a week and a half that met all of my requirements, and I feel very confident in the company I will be working for. I was really unsure how a job search would go during the COVID-19 pandemic, especially since my personal values have shifted drastically from loss and grief. With the media reporting on unemployment, versus jobs available, versus jobs not offering nearly enough in compensation, hiring freezes at so many companies in my field, and general uncertainty, I wasn't sure I would find a position that could suit my needs and had prepared to be unemployed for several months. Thanks to Justin and Beacon Hill Staffing, I can continue to save up money and work toward my dream of home ownership (hopefully I can make it with the housing crisis!). Thank you so much!!

Cons

Pay starts at a smaller scale due to the nature of contracting work, but this is negotiable. Also have to consider that the companies who contract with Beacon Hill may or may not be hiring to FTE status.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Thank you Beacon Hill!

Nov 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast Responsive Informative Keeps your best interest in mind

Cons

Can’t think of any cons! I had the best experience.

Senior Marketing Coordinator

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We're happy to hear you had great success working with us. We truly appreciate your feedback.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

The BEST Recruiters ever!!

Oct 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Beacon Hill Staffing team -- shoutouts to Emalee and Legare -- was phenomenal in helping me find my next role! I truly appreciated their prompt communication, guidance, and honesty. I truly felt like they went to bat for me every time.

Cons

None, you just need to have patience with the job market.

Senior Marketing Coordinator

Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to write this. We appreciate the shout-out!

9. 5.0

Great Leadership

Nov 8, 2021 - Sales Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is flexible and knowledgeable about the industry Great sales territories No "politics' regarding your personal growth

Cons

Base could be more competitive

10. 5.0

Great Company!

Nov 2, 2021 - Human Resource Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The recruiters really take their time to get to know their contractors and spend a lot of time finding the right fit.

Cons

You have to wait for 90 days to have insurance start

Senior Marketing Coordinator

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 678 Reviews