Beacon Hill Staffing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Andrew Wang

Pros
  • She is the best advocate I could ask for, and I'm very grateful for all of the hard work she does on my behalf (in 14 reviews)

• Great company with great benefits (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • So far no cons that I am aware of (in 20 reviews)

• No cons, other than the ones that go with all temp work--no benefits, lower pay than perm jobs, etc (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic!"

Pros

I've had a fantastic experience with Nora at the midtown Manhattan location. She is the best advocate I could ask for, and I'm very grateful for all of the hard work she does on my behalf.

Cons

I wish that I had found Beacon Hill earlier.

2. "Bookkeeper"

Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Marlton, NJ
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Marlton, NJ

I have been working at Beacon Hill Staffing Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ashley Knouse was very helpful and instrumental in my landing th job.

Cons

So far I have no cons.

Advice to Management

Be sure to see that Ashley Knouse gets the recognition she deserves. She is very personable and a great recruiter to deal with.

3. "Recruiter was excellent"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Beacon Hill Staffing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Recruiter Stephanie Ackerman was outstanding at her job and was instrumental in getting me hired.

Cons

No cons to speak of

4. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Beacon Hill Staffing Group (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with and the most responsiveness staffing company I have had experience with over the past few years. They do their best to update you on new projects and when there are delays (which are well beyond their control).
     They are also very proactive about reaching out to you when they have new projects as well as temporary or permanent opportunities. Great people to work with/for.

Cons

None - workflow and delays beyond their control. Very nice and experienced people to work with.

"Awesome"

Current Employee - Billing Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Billing Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Beacon Hill Staffing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, Great Jobs, Great Pay

Cons

So far no cons that I am aware of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You are the first staffing company that I have worked with that has dedicate time to find me a job. Also you are great at returning calls and emails. Keep up the excellent job!!

6. "Amazing!"

Current Employee - Temporary Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Temporary Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Beacon Hill Staffing Group part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Consistent contact and updates regarding projects. Easy to contact outside of business hours in case of emergency.

Cons

I have not encountered one.

Advice to Management

When making calls to temp workers make sure that "Beacon Hill Staffing" or similar will show up for immediate pick up.

7. "Contract Attorney"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Beacon Hill Staffing Group (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. The assignments are run effectively.

Cons

I have nothing negative to report.

8. "Project Attorney"

Former Employee - Attorney in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Attorney in Miami, FL

I worked at Beacon Hill Staffing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed work environment
    Pays market rate
    Semi-flexible hours

Cons

Projects can end at any time

"Don't be fooled by positive reviews - worst workplace ever!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Beacon Hill Staffing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not a ton to share here, but they hold a holiday party in Boston every year that is paid for by the company.

Cons

Where to begin? I honestly went into this position with the highest of hopes. From the day I started I had immediate regrets. During the interview process I was promised thorough training which I was adamant about having since I was new to the recruiting industry. The training I received was almost non-existent. I was referred to a few lackluster documents on a shared drive to look over and shadowed a senior person on the phone one time. Then I was just expected to jump in. In addition my "manager" was the worst example of a team leader I've ever worked under. All he focused on was hitting his own numbers and working his own deals. If I went up to ask him questions (which is fair to do as a new person) he would act highly annoyed and would barely give me the time of day. If he did offer advice, it was more just a rambling of his achievements and him bragging about how he started up the division within that particular office. There is no real organization or cohesion between the different offices across the company. Each office acts as their own company which in turn creates a lot of unprofessional treatment to employees. Beacon Hill did not have an enjoyable office environment either. I'm not saying the environment even needs to be fun, but more lively might be the right word. It was not a conducive environment for new recruiters to be successful. Each department is very cliquey (excluding a few friendly coworkers) and management is not communicative or clear on goals/expectations. Overall if you are thinking of working here, please beware. A lot of the reviews on here are fake and easily spotted. And I'm sure I will receive some generic response from HR once I post this. If you want to get into recruiting don't make the same mistake I did. The profession is a lot of hard work. I worked extremely hard at this job and people at BH do as well on a consistent basis. But if you are new to the industry and learning everything for the first time, work somewhere that will actually train and support you, and invest in your success.

Advice to Management

Communication is everything. Be upfront about goals and expectations. Lead by example. If you want people to come in early and stay late, don't leave at noon everyday yourself because you've been there for 10 years. Train your new employees! How can you expect someone new to the industry to find success if you don't give them the tools to do so.

Beacon Hill Staffing Group Response

Apr 21, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator and Internal Talent Representative

Hello, We regret to hear about your negative experiences and appreciate you reaching out to us. We take your comments seriously and we would like to learn more about your perspective. If you would ... More

10. "Best Staffing Agency in NYC"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Beacon Hill Staffing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The most professional staffing agency that I've ever worked with in the city. They got me a new job in one week and they even got me a higher salary than I asked for. They also give you the best prep for an interview of any agency I've been to. They are so good, that when I was on the employer end, I signed an exclusive contract with them.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

None