Beal Properties Reviews in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Beal Properties Chicago Reviews

Updated Sep 18, 2019

Found 7 reviews

5.0
  1. "Helpful, Caring, and Inspiring"

Current Employee - Administrative Property Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Beal Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to work with amazing co-workers and managers. The managers actually want you to succeed, are on your side, and will support you every step of the way. Everyone works together. The hours are great, there's room for growth, every day is a learning opportunity, no micro-managing, your co-workers are your friends, fun work outings, frequent office lunches. I've worked in a lot of tough customer relations... positions, so it's nice to actually have support from everyone in the company.

Cons

The workload can be overwhelming at times but that's with any job.

Advice to Management

Continue the support, check ins, and appreciation. Its a huge motivation and does not go unnoticed!

Beal Properties2019-09-18
  2. "Supportive & Thriving!"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Beal Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are supported in your role, given excellent training both when you start and through new responsibilities. You work with dedicated coworkers and they do their absolute best with addressing all tenant matters. Management is very supportive in their role! The healthcare benefits are great!

Cons

None at this time to give.

Beal Properties2019-09-05
  3. "Collaborative & Supportive - A Career Launcher"

Current Employee - Media Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Beal Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. You work with some of the most diverse, unique, energetic group of individuals. 2. There are endless opportunities for cross-training and growth. 3. Leadership is encouraged! 4. FANTASTIC HEALTH/DENTAL INSURANCE! 5. Culture (happy hours/etc.) 6. Beautifully (and recently) renovated office.

Cons

1. Due to the nature of the industry (Property Management/Real Estate), there are busy seasons for different departments which can create stressful situations for obvious reasons. 2. While the health insurance provided is SUPERB, it would be excellent if the package was available to spouses/children.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage the growth of the company in ways that benefit all departments - it's been wonderful seeing all of the positive progress made towards creating a dynamic work environment that's not easy to come by.

Beal Properties2019-08-30
  4. "Great team & plenty of room for growth"

Current Employee - Rental Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Beal Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

We have an amazing team that really works hard to support each other and help whenever it is needed. The company also offers some great benefits!

Cons

The environment can be a little stressful at times, but we have a large portfolio so it is bound to happen.

Beal Properties2019-08-14
  5. "Great people to work with..."

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Beal Properties full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The office is staffed with collaborative and supportive people who really care about the company. PTO and benefits are very good. Occasional office lunches are nice. Office outings are fun.

Cons

The environment can be stressful and demanding at times.

Beal Properties2019-08-08
  6. "Property Management with Family Values"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Beal Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The office works as a team and is very helpful when assistance is needed. Most employees are cross-trained in one way or another. The business itself is always expanding, and this leaves room for new hires and growth within the business. The software is easy to learn even if you are not familiar with property management software. The office environment has a pretty open floor plan so you are not left to a... cubicle. Dress code is business casual. Communication is open door policy, so you never feel uncomfortable expressing new ideas/issues that you may want to share and these things are never dismissed, but rather always looked into thoroughly by management. Office outings and lunches are often coordinated to encourage a family vibe between employees, and to encourage continuing working hard and focused in the office. Benefits: The insurance offered is top notch. The salary I started with was great and annual reviews are performed by management to evaluate your position in the company/raises/feedback ect. Bonus' are also a huge plus! It has one of the more relaxed 9-5 Monday through Friday schedules I've ever worked with, and there is an hour break for lunch each day. The work/life balance is never effected and you do not have to take work with you when you leave.

Cons

Sometimes I find it difficult to find parking in the area but there are plenty of public transportation options nearby. There was a lot of construction in the area at first (which used to be a huge inconvenience for noise and parking) and , but now I see this construction nearing completion and driving a lot of other really great businesses as neighbors, which is great!

Advice to Management

I've seen the company expand quite a bit over the past few years, and would only encourage management to operate the business in the same way as it does now. There is enough structure in this work place to handle the family values that they share now while still operating successfully, and I can see them doing the same thing on a bigger scale as time goes by.

Beal Properties2017-09-20
  7. "APM"

Current Employee - APM in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Beal Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office is very relaxed, everyone is very friendly, open communication with management (helps a lot), team effort with problems, benefits, hours are great and overall a good company to be apart of.

Cons

Working in customer service there will always have cons but that is apart of the work.

Beal Properties2017-09-20