Bear Claw Events Reviews

Updated Feb 25, 2020

3.2
Bear Claw Events President Matt Lassiter (no image)
Matt Lassiter
Pros
  • "The information I have received from Bear Claw will be applied throughout my life and on my next journey(in 9 reviews)

• "The fast paced training took some getting used to, but once I really dove in all my hard work paid off(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Entry level, you will work between 40-50 hours per week between the stores and office, making just above minimum wage(in 7 reviews)

• "Ridiculous turnover rate, performance based, micro managed & very fast paced(in 6 reviews)

"A company you can grow with"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager

I have been working at Bear Claw Events full-time

Pros

I’ve been with Bear Claw Events for almost a year, and I’ve got to say it’s been one of the best companies I’ve ever worked for. I learned more in my first couple months here than I did in all the years I spent managing at other firms, to include “corporate industries”. The fast paced training took some getting used to, but once I really dove in all my hard work paid off. I’ve learned how to be successful in this business and even more, how the systems we use can be translated into every day life and any other business. I’ve really enjoyed all the travel opportunities and meeting so many talented and smart individuals that have helped me along the way. Everyone within this company will bend over backwards to help you succeed. There’s no negative competition or people who are waiting to see you fail like I’ve experienced in other companies. Bear Claw is more than just a company, it’s a family.

Cons

I have no cons to share.

2. "Waste of Time"

Former Employee - Events Manager

I worked at Bear Claw Events full-time for less than a year

Pros

The one and only pro is the people you meet. I still keep in touch with former coworkers (who have also all quit).

Cons

* You will be selling start-up products in warehouse stores. *Will not be compensated for mandatory meetings and expect to work at least 50-70hr weeks. *Pay is terrible. You either earn the base pay or commission- depends which is higher each week. *Ask how many people have made it into "Executive Management" or opened their own office in at least the past 3 years. Answer is none. *Is 100% Multi-Level Marketing

March 4, 2020President

Although we do not agree with the statements made, your feedback is of value. Bear Claw Events regard ourselves by building personal connections with our clients and team members through an interactive training program and mentorship opportunities. We offer a variety of positions that are discussed with full disclosure with each applicant during their interview process. We understand our business model is not for everyone, and we wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

3. "Literal Pyramid scheme"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Bear Claw Events full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exposes you to the inner workings of a pyramid scheme and multi-level marketing

Cons

There are WAAAAY too many for me to mention

January 14, 2020President

Thank you for leaving your review, although we are conflicted by the minimal statements in this review. If you actually took the time to work with us and understood our business model, you would know that we are in no way a pyramid scheme or a multi-level marketing scheme. We proudly represent our clientele with integrity. Best of luck with your career search.

4. "Great Opportunity But Not For Everyone"

Former Employee - Marketing Communications Assistant

I worked at Bear Claw Events full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fast paced growth - Flexible boss who works with your goals - Great for a mid career change but also for recent college graduates - Promising future -Opportunity to learn a lot about direct sales, management, HR, marketing, and more

Cons

- Long hours for almost minimum wage (+ commission when you make it) - If your goal is not to become a manager of a similar company in a short amount of time, then this job might feel too fast paced and your motivation might decrease - Poor work/life balance: they have the motto "time now for time later" which means you will be putting extra work/time in now so that you can retire earlier. It's a great concept if that is your goal. Otherwise, you will get burned out quickly.

January 14, 2020President

Thanks for the feedback. We will continue to strive to provide more transparency in our interview process for those looking for opportunities to thrive in a fast paced environment.

5. "Direct Sales"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Bear Claw Events full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working directly with customers. Valuable learning experience.

Cons

Low base pay. Stessful pace of work.

May 24, 2019President

We are so happy that you gained valuable knowledge. We pride ourselves on utilizing hands on training that allows our team to experience of all aspects of business. We wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

"Very small and little to no pay"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at Bear Claw Events full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small group to work with but overall long hours for little pay.

Cons

Again, little pay and you work more than 60 hours a week

June 20, 2019President

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Bear Claw Events Inc. is a reputable company that operates legally, ethically and with professional partnerships that serve the interest of our clients and our team members. All compensation plans are discussed with full transparency during the applicant’s interview as we offer a variety of different compensation plans. Bear Claw Events Inc are a privately held company that operates in accordance with North Carolina's state labor laws and strives to conduct business practices with integrity and excellence.

"Amazing Professional and Personal Growth"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bear Claw Events full-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment is so family oriented, nothing like any other positions I have been in before. Everyone wants to see everyone else succeed, they give extra time when needed and put forth a lot of effort to help others reach their goals. I moved down here by myself from Michigan and from the beginning they have been working side by side with me to help me push my potential and grow into a solid management role. The skillsets taught can be used across the board not only in the training structure here, but life in general. Moving forward in this position has helped me implement more skillsets like time management, money management, etc in my personal life as well.

Cons

There really isn't any, this is a great fit for anyone who wants fast paced growth and is willing to put work in to see great results!

Continue reading

"Wish I started here sooner"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator Trainee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bear Claw Events full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management does a great job of letting you know what to expect when starting this position. It is an accelerated program built to propel your business further in 8 months to a year, rather than taking the "long way" through a standard business model. Matt and his team do an amazing job of learning about your personal goals and why you are in the business to push you through the program. If you are ambitious, have strong strong WHYs, and are able to put in the time and effort now for the life you want to live later, then this is where you want to be. I learned more in 3 weeks, than I have in 8 years about myself, my goals, and how to represent a client. The experiences I take with me will push me further to my personal goals (rather than a business goal).

Cons

Unless you have amazing time management skills, there is very little work/life balance. This is a company I wish I had started working with either a few years out of college or after moving to Charlotte. I struggled with the time commitments required based on my current needs.

9. "Campaign Manager"

2.0

I worked at Bear Claw Events full-time

Pros

The people are friendly to work with

Cons

Pay is subpar and time invested is not rewarded

November 7, 2018President

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the friendly atmosphere in the office. We are sorry that this career path does not align with your professional goals but wish you the best of luck with in the future.

"Team Lead/Assistant Manager Trainee"

4.0

I worked at Bear Claw Events full-time

Pros

3 rounds of interviews. I have interviewed with other companies and this one was different. They gave me insight to the events, explained why they need help, and how I could grow in the company. Everyone was very friendly and fun!

Cons

They explained that it's my goals and they're here to assist. I'm a self starter so I had no problem with it but I could understand how that could be hard for some people.

Found 58 reviews