BearingPoint Reviews in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

BearingPoint Managing Partner Peter Mockler
Peter Mockler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • rather unbalenced Work life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Must be willing to work long hours and travel at least 80% of the time (in 14 reviews)

1. "A good experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

BearingPoint offered a flexibility to work on different kinds of projects.

Cons

Time between projects could lead to pressure.

"positive"

Former Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

Pros

excelent opportunities for growth and development

Cons

unorganized and higher management not accessible

Advice to Management

listen

3. "Give BearingPoint a chance!"

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in McLean, VA

Pros

I have found that the people here are the company's best assets. They are highly skilled and very bright. We bid and win fantastic projects with fantastic clients who love our work. The alliances the company has made for training programs are a great way to gain solid consulting experience. The company is huge on forward motion in your career track so if you work hard and meet your goals, promotions can and should be expected.

Cons

Its reputation makes it difficult for people to understand why good consultants would stick around

Advice to Management

Always take care of your people, particularly the ones you identify as your top performers

4. "BearingPoint review"

Current Employee - Technology Consulting Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technology Consulting Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

The best reasons for working for BearingPoint are leadership opportunities and chances to advance in your career. There are lots of opportunities for growth for individuals in the company based on your performance.

Cons

The biggest downside for working for BearingPoint right now is the current financial state of the company. The overall stability leaves a lot of questions about the future of the company.

Advice to Management

Senior Management should give better information regarding the future of the company and what the short and long term plans are for the company.

5. "do you hold a clearance?"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

Pros

work opportunites if you hold a clearance are interesting and ample. lots of contracts with true consulting work, rather than the staff aug stuff that i've experienced at other consulting compaines. there are a lot of opportunites with intel, Dod and law clients.
    the people are also great. lots of seasoned consultants with previous work experience, making it a place to share knowledge and work with people who are you equals.
    every project that i've worked on has appreciated that people need a work/life balance. flex schedules are available and management is ver receptive to letting you take time off when you need it.

Cons

the current reputation is a hinderance.

Advice to Management

none

"BearingPoint is a great company with a TON of debt."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC

Pros

Consulting is a great career choice and BearingPoint is no different. My promotion schedule is laid out in front of me and I feel secure in what my future will look like as long as i continue to do good work. BearingPoint seems to pay competitively compared to other consultancies, which is usually more than other career paths.

BearingPoint works mostly in Government Services (Public) which is a great place to be with this economy. I am on a long term contract with the government that will be safe regardless of what happends in the economy.

Cons

BearingPoint is struggling mightily. They have a ton of debt that is looming over them. Operationally they are solid and if they find a way to make those debt payments the company will do well. They are an attractive offering and would of been bought by now had the credit markets been more liquid.

Not being exactly sure where the future lays and what will become of my secure contract is of concern, however at lower levels such as myself, i am very safe.

Secondly I am unsure what affect i will sustain by working in a financially strapped company. I believe my compensation is close to the competitive level for the industry, but future pay/promotions I do have a concern.

Advice to Management

The Senior Management is talented and caring of its employees. I am impressed.

7. "Great place to work with some major concerns around the stock price"

Current Employee - Technology Consulting Manager in West McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Technology Consulting Manager in West McLean, VA

Pros

The opportunity to work on multiple different opportunities at any given time. BE is a great place for those that are interested in doing multiple different tasks and roles at any given point. It is however not the best place if you are looking for directions at all times and need someone to give directions on different things.

Cons

The stock price and the uncertainty associated with the future of the company. The company's stock price has taken a major dive over the past few years so there is high degree of pressure in terms of utilization.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the SG&A and the overhead. There is way too many MDs and VPs running around without any specific roles. The company should focus on cutting the fat and becoming more agile in terms of moving forward.

8. "BearingPoint, a great company to work for."

Current Employee - Technology Consulting Consultant in Springfield, VA
    Current Employee - Technology Consulting Consultant in Springfield, VA

Pros

Work with a lot of very talented and motivated people. Everyone is very supportive of your career and really cares.

Cons

Just getting out of our financial issues. It causes uncertainty and with that comes high turnover.

Advice to Management

I think were doing a really good job we just need to make sure it continues and to constantly evolve.