Beat Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2020

3.6
Beat CEO Nikos Drandakis (no image)
Nikos Drandakis
Pros
Cons
  • "I would say that senior management is far from LATAM, but still we feel very close to them(in 21 reviews)

• "No cons perceived during my time at Beat(in 10 reviews)

"Amazing Ride"

Current Employee - Regional Head of CX - Latin America in Lima, Lima Region

I have been working at Beat full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is great and encourages employees to learn, grow and step out of their comfort zone. Communication is horizontal and suggestions from all levels are listened to. Very flexible and fast paced which helps implement initiatives very quickly. The company offers great career growth opportunities. Communication is very transparent.

Cons

I dont see any cons that stand out. The environment is very dynamic which may change the focus and goals relatively quickly. Change and transformation are constant which sometimes means that organization and processes arent clear. For some people this could be a con but I find it to be exciting and an opportunity to learn and create. New challenges are a constant.

2. COVID-19

"Tremendous freedom and opportunity to make an impact!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam

I have been working at Beat full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great talent - Beat has attracted some of the top talent across LATAM as well as in the European headquarters in Athens and Amsterdam. Incredibly smart teams, run really hard but have a lot of fun. Place to have an impact - Tons of autonomy to bring your best ideas in your role, but also to help support other teams. Fun and inclusive culture - Amsterdam has a great culture in the office - lots of team get togethers for socializing. Office space is fantastic - one of the best in Amsterdam! Industry outlook - ride hailing will have a strong outlook after the COVID 19 pandemic. People will seek safe, affordable and reliable local brands more than ever. Beat has a great local brand to continue to dominate the markets in which we operate.

Cons

The company has grown very quickly, and there are lack of structures and process, but this also is what breads opportunities.

Continue reading

"Ambitious, High Upside, Be Comfortable with Change"

Current Employee - Growth in Athens

I have been working at Beat full-time

Pros

Beat's ability to pivot, take risks, and truly strive to meet a high bar is catching up with the company's ambition and the agility needed to survive in the industry's most challenging times. This transformation and change in growth trajectory is a unique period in any company's story. Builders are being supported and exposed to greater opportunities. Seeking comfort and consistency is not how one capitalizes on the experience here.

Cons

Is the senior management team a comprehensively stacked team? Not necessarily. Is there movement in the right direction? Sure. Accessible for healthy debate? Certainly. Need additional investment in getting the right people either trained and/or simply placed into the appropriate people management roles. Let's complement said investment with highly experienced experts to fill a relative void in middle management and senior individual contributors. This will motivate and properly engage young rising stars while allowing senior leadership to set and communicate strategy in a way that resonates and inspires. We used to make up for tech with raw manpower. The transition in the other direction will be unsettling for some. It'll also place strain on a lean but theoretically your most valuable team, a transition that needs to be carefully managed.

""innovative and evolving company that continues to learn and grow""

Current Employee - Consulting - Business Partnerships in Amsterdam

I have been working at Beat full-time for less than a year

Pros

BEAT is a fast growing and a game changer in its industry. The company is hiring smart and passionate people to help scale the company. There is a ton of opportunity to learn and grow. What I find amazing is the Chief People Officer is reading and acknowledging the feedback from former employees. The best part is this is done to genuinely listen, learn and grow to improve the employee experience and make BEAT a truly great place to work for all our employees. If you are looking for a company where you can make a difference working with people who are smart, hungry and humble then come and join us at BEAT. The compensation and benefits are really great. To help you learn and grow in the BEAT fast paced environment, the company has an education allowance to support your continued growth personally and professionally. The company also is supporting remote working to give employees flexibility and the best part if the company has tools to support remote working via zoom, google meets and using slack across the entire organisation. I just heard that BEAT will accelerate programs and activities to further improve the employee experience + engagement which is great to hear as this shows that people are valued.

Cons

As company is growing really fast in a short period of time, the company needs to take everyone on the journey and not leave anyone behind. However, here is the thing though - the company and CEO is bringing in Senior Managers and individuals with gravitas to take the company to next level and to make BEAT a great place to work NOW and for the FUTURE.

"Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Cx Agent

I have been working at Beat full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excelent work environment, highly competitive salaries

Cons

I haven’t experienced any cons

"Beat family!"

Current Employee - People Operations Generalist in Santiago

I have been working at Beat full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have the privilege of working with the best professionals in the industry, always ready to teach and also to learn, with initiative, push and with ambitions to make Beat products the best in the market. From the interview process you start to be thrilled of being part of a company like this, and after a while you still get that feeling that you made a very good decision when choosing Beat as a place to work. If the benefits are good, the people who make life in the company are even better! They make you feel like family from day 1!!

Cons

I don't see any big downside for the moments

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lima, Lima Region

I have been working at Beat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beat keeps you always challenged, with a hunger to learn, and move fast as the industry does. Its culture is one of my favorite characteristics as it spreads its positive energy, transparency & agility. Employees can speak out their mind from any role, and if what they have in mind have a positive impact, the whole team will make things happen.

Cons

If you are not flexible, and you find it hard to adapt to changes and receive radical candid feedback ( which will help you to do things better). This is probably not a place for you. High flexibility & humbleness should always be there.

"A before and after of my work live once I joined Beat"

Current Employee - General Manager in Bogotá, Bogota

I have been working at Beat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Less than 2 years at Beat have been enough to exceed everything I did before in my work life: - A mission and culture focused on the actual user, the actual consumer. - Execution as key principle, merging speed and quality. - Full empowerment and owneship, never having to limit my opinions. - Growth opportunities (on full meritocracy): I went from ops manager, to head of ops, to general manager in the time in the company. How the senior management takes care of their team and their business is an inspiration, which has made of me a better professional and a better person.

Cons

Nothing yet perceived as a Con.

"Fantastic place to work - producing great work in a fast paced environment"

I have been working at Beat full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great collaborative culture, smart and passionate people, new ideas welcomed and tons of opportunity to learn, grow and develop your skills and career trajectory.

Cons

Beat is growing really fast. There are some challenges with growth. The pace can be intense but extremely rewarding. If you love fast-paced environments, it's the place to be.

"Horizontal & Dynamic"

I have been working at Beat full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I believe one of Beat's main assets is the company culture and work environment. I don't think I've ever worked at a company with such an open environment and friendly, to be honest. The horizontal management style, the interaction among peers, and how much they care for their employees is truly something I acknowledge.

Cons

I don't think this is a con but perhaps they should work more on their communication across markets, especially latam.

Found 136 reviews