Beazer Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 20, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Allan P. Merrill

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good benefits(health, dental and vision), mileage compensation, and bonus opportunities" (in 5 reviews)

• "There were some really great people here" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Solid Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Beazer Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve worked in the IT department for close to 6 years and there are many good things about working here at Beazer, I have a great boss who has challenged me to grow my career. The software here is written in clean code. Pluralsight accounts are provided for career advancement.

Also every employee gets 6 weeks vacation on Date of hire

Cons

My first few years here at Beazer the moral was low and the turnover high. Things have since changed and I would consider this a great company to work for.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees and improve the company. The last 3 years Upper management has done a great job in doing that

2. "Great Culture"

I have been working at Beazer Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Feedback is taken seriously and everyone has a voice. I love the collaborative environment and everyone wants to win.

Cons

If you like to innovate and challenge yourself everyday this is the place for you. If you are more comfortable with the status quo, you won't be happy.

3. "New Home Information Manager"

I worked at Beazer Homes (Less than a year)

Pros

Family atmosphere, fellow employees supportive and appreciative

Cons

Upper management vindictive and only concerned about their position

Advice to Management

Plan and prepare a backup plan for when employees are not there. Don't assess position based on surveys or web audits. Upper management needs to be accountable for providing proper backup to the position so that employees can have time off. Position is set up to fail unless proper systems and backup are in place.

4. "Builder's at Beazer Homes"

Current Employee - Builder in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Builder in Houston, TX

I have been working at Beazer Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beazer is a fantastic place to work where you can excel at your career and not be micro-managed. Management and Leadership are trust-worthy, to the point that you can have confidence in where the ship is headed and how we are going to get there. Company supports "Do the right thing" to the fullest and Safety 1st! Operation is growing and therefore advancement opportunities are present or developing. Friendly, family like atmosphere. Kudos for a job well done are given, the company rewards extra effort. Very level headed Builder to work for.

Cons

Bar is set high so this is no place to just coast, be prepared to be challenged.

"Fired for having a disability"

Former Employee - New Home Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - New Home Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Beazer Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I thought there were some pros, but not anymore

Cons

Management looks out for themselves and they don't care about the rest. I have ADHD and they fired me for it. Total discrimination across the board.

Advice to Management

Take a look at yourselves. You fired someone for having a disability. Pretty poor in my book.. Employees and home buyers beware.

"Builder"

Former Employee - Builder in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Builder in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Beazer Homes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of PTO which you ll need to disconnect from the drama and bs that comes with position. Pay is ok.

Cons

Female division president has no idea what she is doing. Surrounded herself by former employees from another large builder to protect herself. Those chosen ( upper management) most aren’t qualified for their positions. Only placed there out of out of favoritism. Not enough time to build a quality home. Area managers don’t do their job and never follow company procedures unless corporate HQ Atlanta is visiting.

Advice to Management

Clean the slate. Replace all upper management in Sacramento starting with division president and your turn over rate will drop!!

7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Beazer Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working here. Beazer gives me challenging work, great opportunities, and awesome co-workers. Last year, my department was not so positive but Corporate has done so much to improve the culture and you can really tell how much they care about the mental-welling being of their employees and the culture that we work within. It is still not perfect, but I love working here and seeing how we continue to improve.

Cons

The only thing I would change is recognize everyone equally for the work they do. Sometimes some folks getting a standing ovation for a little thing, while others don't.

8. "Great."

I have been working at Beazer Homes (More than 3 years)

Pros

During my tenure Beazer Homes was a very team oriented company. Furthermore, they were very fair with their compensation, and valued their employees.

Cons

I really can’t think of any cons regarding this particular company. They really were great to work with. Good company.

Advice to Management

Continue valuing your employees.

9. "Project Manager"

Pros

Good base pay, bonuses, health and 401k.

Cons

Pushes closings but all production builders do.

Advice to Management

Office personnel need to be held to the same standards as builders. Things need to be in order before getting to the field

10. "Exceptional Place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Beazer Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great People. Outstanding overall culture. Especially love the culture of accountability at all level and the common sense approach to behaviors and actions that drive our business.

Cons

If you do not embrace accountability, both for yourself and holding others accountable regardless of your position you will struggle in this environment.

Advice to Management

You must have a get it done attitude and embrace urgency.