Beazer Homes Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

Sales

2.4
Allan P. Merrill

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits(health, dental and vision), mileage compensation, and bonus opportunities (in 5 reviews)

• Some very good people who believe they can make a difference (in 4 reviews)

1. "Sales"

Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Beazer Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and work atmosphere. Leaders give employees authority to make decisions and empower the team to be successful in any role. We all take pride in the homes we build and the customers we service.

Cons

Don't have any at this time.

"The Beazer family would be heartbroken"

Former Employee - New Home Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - New Home Sales Consultant

I worked at Beazer Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some very good people who believe they can make a difference. That is about all I can say at this point.

Cons

The biggest problem is the CEO. He manages and micromanages through intimidation and bullying. He screams and belittles and I have never heard one good thing about him. It's offensive to have to fill out and sign an ethics agreement knowing upper level management does not live by these rules. The turnover in division offices is crippling and it is because of the toxic environment created by the CEO. Upper management throws middle management under the bus to save their jobs. Micromanaging, smoke and mirrors and deception are present on every level. Good people turn bad or leave. The stress is a constant presence that leaves you exhausted and dreading the next morning when you have to go back to work. The CEO pays himself ridiculous amounts of money and bonuses and sells off land to show a profit (more smoke and mirrors) it is by far the worst culture I have been a part of. It's sad because I know there are good people that stay believing they can make a difference, but no one can until the king sitting at the top of the pile has his throne taken away. George Beazer was a hard working stone mason and built Beazer on the foundation of a value builder. He wanted everyday people to be able to afford a new home. Today's CEO wants to line his pockets and has no respect for anyone that works for Beazer. The people take on the personality of their leader. Need I say more?

Advice to Management

The ship is sinking, get your life jackets on and jump. It will be the best career move you can make.

"You will work for free, commissions NOT paid"

Former Employee - Sales in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Beazer Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None unless you enjoy working for free

Cons

I was the 8th or 9th agent on a community in N. Las Vegas, they never paid me for 8 homes I sold, which were never started............then they quit paying draw against commission, therefore you work for free, no wonder 7 agents quit before I was unfortunate enough to accept the position.

Advice to Management

Quit while you are still free from prison, oh wait, I think he's already in prison..

"Hostile Environment"

Former Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Former Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Beazer Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with some great builders and customers. In sales, have the opportunity to make good income if assigned in a viable community.

Cons

Very combative management team. Stressful and belittling to employees. Money is taken out of commissions without knowledge. Quality of life is poor being on call 24/7 at the whim of managers.

Advice to Management

Remember the people that work on your team are real people with families. We spend more waking hours time with our co-workers than our families. Foster an environment to entice people to enjoy their jobs, prepare them to excel and make an impact on the company from every department.

"Maryland Division"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Columbia, MD

I worked at Beazer Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can have the opportunity to earn a great income...

Cons

....until management takes away that opportunity

Advice to Management

The turnover rate of employees under the current management team is outrageous. Perhaps it's the management team that needs to change.

"Unbelievable red tape and dictatorial management tactics"

Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Beazer Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent health insurance covered by the employer. Corporate pays for a decent training experience in Atlanta with a chance to meet the almighty APM (Alan Merrill), narcissus incarnate serving as CEO.

Cons

Top down, Beazer is run as a tyrannical structure that allows little to no room for error or bad impressions. Management locally makes land acquisition decisions that can make or break a sales agent's career. If management does not approve of your suggestions or attitude, they will dismiss you without so much as a courteous two week notice. No coaching, encouragement, or conference is available to improve employee morale/performance...whichever happens to be lacking. To succeed, you must submit wholeheartedly to your division president, the CEO, CMO, and sales VP. Don't like our way? Goodbye!

Advice to Management

Listen to your assets, the most valuable thing you have on the front line of your business are your sales agents. Encouraging earnest discourse only furthers the entire company and allows for growth on all fronts.

"Great homes - Terrible Management."

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Columbia, MD

I worked at Beazer Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers were an absolute pleasure to work with.

Cons

Micro management and intimidation. Upper management has their heads in the clouds and unrealistic expectations. Until there's a major change at the top, I'd steer clear of the Maryland Division of Beazer Homes USA.

Advice to Management

Get a serious clue about the talented sales staff you currently have and treat them accordingly.

"Sales"

Former Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Nash, TN
    Former Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Nash, TN

Pros

Great income with benefits. Builds quality homes

Cons

Subject to having communities and inventory to sell.

"Total disappointment and terrible management."

Former Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Beazer Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Turn and burn environment that allows you to make money if you play the game. Benefits are decent but expensive.

Cons

Unprofessional work environment, inconsistent management, no leadership and zero emphasis on customer service. There is no quality control which leads to a below average customer service rating. Homes are ok, nothing special.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive than reactive. Lead by example rather then out of fear of losing your job.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - New Home Sales in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - New Home Sales in Nashville, TN

I worked at Beazer Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Marketing, great support and training

Cons

Have to be able to sell in a structured atmosphere. Sitting in a model when no one is coming in the door does get boring sometimes. You have to learn to make good use of your spare time.

Advice to Management

Hang on to and reward the people who are making your money. Show respect to those who have earned it,