Becker Professional Education Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Roselli

Pros
Cons
  • limited growth opportunities, Becker is tied to DeVry (in 3 reviews)

• Limited advancement opportunity for remote employees (in 3 reviews)

"Professional career advancement."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Becker Professional Education full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing and extremely helpful. Everyone wants you to do well and will help you meet/exceed goals.

Benefits are also amazing.

Cons

None.

The upper management is very involved, especially with new people. Continue to foster a positive environment and this company will continue to be great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!!

Feb 7, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for this great feedback, we will make sure our leadership sees this note of praise and continue to foster a positive environment!

2. "Campus Ambassador"

Former Employee - Campus Ambassador in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Campus Ambassador in Bronx, NY

Pros

Will provide CPA exam study materials for free
    The work is easy to manage

Cons

There are not many growth opportunities

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Feb 7, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We always love hearing from our campus ambassadors! Due to the nature of this job being tailored to current college students there isn't much growth available but you can absolutely look to join our ... More

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

I worked at Becker Professional Education (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of freedom with your schedule

Cons

Management is completely out of the loop with no skills

Feb 7, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for this note - we appreciate your honesty! If there is more detail you can provide us with we'd love to see how we can improve this environment for current employees.

"Loosely managed. Minimal accountability."

Current Employee - Assistant in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Becker Professional Education full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits under DeVry's umbrella. Competitive salaries. Good training program and tuition program. You're able to move between various DeVry schools and keep your benefits.

Cons

Lots of time sheet fraud because no one watches. Crappy laptops. Inequality with regard to remote work time. Management is a bit aloof.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on your people because they take advantage . Don't allow management to treat subordinates with disrespect.

Aug 15, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for this review - this is very helpful as we take all employee feedback to heart! Is there any additional feedback you'd like to share?

5. "Under compensated"

Current Employee - Systems Support Specialist in Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Support Specialist in Chatsworth, CA

Pros

Laid back culture. Co workers are great. Fairly stable.

Cons

Salaries are much lower than market averages. No bonuses; gift giving is heavily restricted. Most you get is a $15 Starbucks gift card. Promotions Only amount to 10% wage increase. Annual reviews only amount to 1-2% wage increase. Absolutely abysmal.

Advice to Management

Increase wages to market average.

Jul 18, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. If we can only make one change per your feedback, would you have preferred a higher salary, a bonus or annual review increase?

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

Nice new offices in Downers Grove. Good tuition reimbursement program - Con, have to go to DeVry or Keller and their degrees just aren't worth what a degree from a traditional school is worth, no matter how they want to market it.

Cons

Toxic environment. When turnover of senior management occurs, new hires are allowed to wipe out direct hires regardless of performance. Nepotism is rampant. No room for growth except to go over to the DeVry side of the house which is a joke. CEO Roselli is a crony of DeVry CEO Hamburger. He unfortunately lacks the integrity of his predecessor. Outlook is bleak for for-profit schools which can only pull Becker down, which is unfortunate because their accounting product is top notch.

Advice to Management

Salaries and benefits are out of line. Mid and lower level employees should not have to fear losing their jobs because of a change in managers. HR and executive management should not allow this to happen, yet it has, over and over.

Jul 18, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We will share this back to our CEO and team for their review and consideration.

7. "Manager, Course Product Developer"

Current Employee - Manager, Course Product Developer in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Course Product Developer in Northridge, CA

I have been working at Becker Professional Education (More than 3 years)

Pros

Becker Professional Education supports colleagues with an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive for product/curriculum integrity. Innovation in identifying efficiencies and product enhancements/innovations are recognized. While it is a corporate entity it is nimble and quickly responsive to changing, emerging needs of the market.

Cons

It would not be the best environment if the individual was NOT a self-starter and/or intrinstically motivated.

Advice to Management

Overall the motivation and engagement is strong and there is minimal turnover among the colleagues.

May 31, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for the great feedback - we're glad that your experiences at Becker have been positive thus far. Any advice for us on how we can better support our employees who might be a bit less inclined ... More

8. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Campus Ambassador in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Campus Ambassador in Northridge, CA

I have been working at Becker Professional Education (Less than a year)

Pros

-Free Becker Review material at the end of employment.
    -The Account Manager who will be your point of contact is friendly and communicative.

Cons

-More events to attend while in school.

May 31, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for this feedback! What have you enjoyed most about being one of our Campus Ambassadors? Since you are a student with us, too, what made you decide to work for Becker?

"Take advantage of the benefits"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Becker Professional Education (More than a year)

Pros

The best benefit is tuition reimbursement and the opportunity to move within DeVry Education Group. Although DeVry as a whole seems to be facing some issues, it is nice to feel like you have room to grow.

Cons

Not much room for growth within Becker. Often times colleagues feel over worked and underpaid, as well as under valued. It seems like the company won't be growing any time soon.

May 31, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for this note! What is the main reason you wouldn't recommend Becker as an employer - we'd love to identify this as an area for growth and change within the company. We appreciate your time! ... More

"Excellent company, employee wages/benefits, and team environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Pros

Becker Professional Education, a division of DeVry Education Group, is an excellent company that provides very good wages/benefits and a positive team environment. Employees are highly qualified for their respective positions and everyone cares about doing a great job. The company's TEACH values and its commitment to students and employees are great.

Cons

Communication occasionally is not quite as good as what it could be--especially when everyone is trying to meet production deadlines. That's not an unusual situation in the publishing industry, though.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to employee suggestions for ongoing improvement.

May 31, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for this rave review! We'll work on our internal communications processes to makes sure we keep our 5 star status. :)