Bed Bath & Beyond Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

3.3
Bed Bath & Beyond President and CEO Mark Tritton
Mark Tritton
Pros
  • "People I work with are great, flexible schedule(in 152 reviews)

• "employee discount and team work(in 135 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Only part time unless around christmas(in 166 reviews)

• "Long hours on your feet with a short break(in 142 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Bed Bath & Beyond and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place

May 12, 2021 - Inventory Control
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place good Schedule the people

Cons

Long hours and only a 30 minute lunch

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not for everyone, but I like it

May 5, 2021 - Sales Associate/Cashier in West Babylon, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I like all my colleagues, I have become quite popular in my store and many of the people I speak to at work, have also gone on to be my friend outside of work. It definitely pays to be sociable whilst at work, especially if you're on the floor most of the time like I am. Makes it so much easier and less stressful talking to customers. Being able to walk fast is a plus, and multitasking is very important in my opinion. You have to learn how to be able to pack out whilst listening to and responding to customers questions or concerns. Same goes for the till when you start to do more than one thing at a time, it goes so much faster.

Cons

I don't like being obligated to do email captures, Most people don't feel comfortable giving out their personal information and it pains me to think about being penalised every time a customer cancels at the pin pad. Having to clean the till counter with harsh chemicals during my entire shift is a bit annoying. I am fine with cleaning the counter but doing it after every customer is just hurting my lungs.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good job, good people

May 12, 2021 - Sales Associate/Cashier in Westbury, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly, this is a really good job if you are either looking for more experience in retail or if you are just getting into retail. Coworkers are extremely friendly, managers are really good as well, as well as the store manager. Managers are very flexible with schedules, especially if you are a student in college. Customers are usually really cool as well. This store is in a favorable location, so that helps bring people in. Pretty lax dress code as well (jeans, polo, sneakers).

Cons

- It's a huge store, lots of walking - E-mail capturing: Really I have no problem with it, but I don't want to be obligated to do something that not everybody wants to do - Recent dress code changes- Aprons are mostly uncomfortable, earpiece is uncomfortable - Very busy at times: can be described as chaos sometimes

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

A pretty decent company with an appropriate work/life balance

Apr 15, 2021 - Senior Manager Software Engineering in Alameda, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They respect work/life balance, and many people in management are great. They allow reasonable travel expenses which helps if you're based outside of HQ. Very good benefits like insurance for the family. Good third-party corporate discounts like with Enterprise Rent-a-car, etc. 20% store and online discount on EVERYTHING even the 1/3 of the store that is excluded from normal discounts; and a couple times a year you get a special discount period that lets you get 25-30%. Note these discounts apply to all BBBY owned concepts including Baby and World Market. I would say also that it's a stable job but soon after I left, a large layoff happened so... ymmv.

Cons

You are going to be working with a mixture of technologies that includes some quite old stuff. IT and cloud infrastructure is super confusing. Management shakeups can happen and rearrange priorities. A lot of software development is outsourced to India now, which can be a good or bad thing. Good if you excel at managing a remote team and if you want to be remote. Less good if you want to have your team all in person in the US time zone(s).

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Opprotunity Driven

May 11, 2021 - Customer Service Associate in Henrico, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

some of the reason I enjoy working with Bed Bath Beyond as young adult was the fresh experience of diverse leadership and staff whom set goals and expectations. nightly huddles were great in which staff would acknowledge employees that received compliments from customers

Cons

lack of college tuition available

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

sales associate

Apr 21, 2021 - Sales Associate/Everything Position But Manager in Athens, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I got to learn a lot of valuable knowledge about products. Learn teamwork, leader ship, dedication, and communication skills. This job will humble you and you will make really good bonds with the people you work with. Especially the full-time employees. Loved my managers and most of my fellow associates.

Cons

There is a lot at bed bath and beyond. A lot of the times the stores don't fit however much product they have. There's a lot of shuffling things around the store and making sure it's up to code. Very understandable everything needs to be up to code. However it can be very backbreaking for what little pay you get.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

BBBY

May 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom to run business as if was your own Good leaders at the start Growth opportunity

Cons

Lost focus of business Forgot about the customer Promoted employees who shouldn't have been to key leadership roles

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Mediocre Experience

Apr 27, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate in Leesburg, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees were nice and helpful ready for backup when called.

Cons

-Don't pay any holiday hours for part-time -per hour pay is very low -my friend put me as reference and got the job, the manager promised that I will be getting compensation because I referred him to BB&B, but I haven't received any I asked him for my my $$ for almost 4 months and kept telling me its in-process. Then he resigned and 5-6 months after that I resigned too. Very disappointed that they didn't fulfill what they promised. - And sometimes they wanted me to close both sides of the store, which was impossible, as I was handling customers on the floor, and closing the whole store, and the manager would get mad at me if I do not do it properly, while they are just walking and not moving there hands. Very disappointed

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

May 10, 2021 - ECommerce Merchandise Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office/environment, great fun product to work with, discount

Cons

People weren't always nice, moral needed a boost

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Okay place to work.

May 10, 2021 - Department Supervisor in Waco, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, good people, fast paced

Cons

Understaffed, inconsistent management, lack of morale building and incentives

Viewing 1 - 10 of 4,456 Reviews