Bed Bath & Beyond Reviews | Glassdoor

Bed Bath & Beyond CEO and Director Steve Temares
Steve Temares

2,235 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • As a salaried manager work life balance is non existent (in 75 reviews)

• Not a lot of full-time opportunities (in 119 reviews)

1. "Bed, Bath, and Beyond: "The secret to our success is our sales associates.""

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bossier City, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bossier City, LA

Pros

It is an "opportunity" company. BB&B is building on Harmons, Bye, Bye, Baby and is growing into the market by being diverse in their holdings. Encourages growth with employees and is open-minded when employees have suggestions on products or on how to set up a display. Their policy of customer service is number one in the company which is what the employees appreciate.

Cons

Salaries are a non-issue. Salaries are not discussed at all!!!! No information or incorrect information is given out. Salaries are negotiated at a certain level. But at what level this is negotiated I am not sure. Even though Bed, Bath and Beyond has taken a lot of steps to curve Shrink in the stores. They tout what a "positive" company they are when it comes to Shrink. They do not, however, have signage or other "means" to communicate the steps they have taken on the subject of Shrink.

Advice to Management

Give more advice to those who want to move up in the company on how to do that. Be more open on salaries anc compensation. A pat on the back is always appreciated to those who are on the receiving end.

2. "Pleasant retail job:)"

Current Employee - Cashier, Soft Side Associate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Cashier, Soft Side Associate in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Customers are very nice for the most part. Fellow employees are very kind and sharp. It's interesting to check out the cool merchandise while working and use your 20% employee discount! Can designate 1 family member or friend to also receive a 20% discount when they shop there (you don't have to be with them) and if any family member is with you, that person gets a 20% discount off their purchase.

Cons

Working retail can get boring. I am not sure how much fellow employees are making compared to me. I make $8/hr.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job for the most part~ I like working there. It's probably the easiest job I've ever had. (I am currently a college student and have previously worked at a pizza place, as a swim instructor, taught English in a foreign country, and as a research assistant)

3. "Very Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Pros

All you need to a passion to want to help people. They go above and beyond to help the customer. Very good company morals.

Cons

Christmas time you may have to work longer hours depending on the location.

Advice to Management

if your diligent and care about your work, you can move up in no time.

5. "keeps a person busy, satisfied because it keeps me managing my time to complete tasks and I enjoy helping customers."

Current Employee - Inventory Control in La Habra, CA
    Current Employee - Inventory Control in La Habra, CA

Pros

there is a friendly enviornment, great team work, and help is always availible when needed. great policies for customers that are shopping. most often what is said to be done is usually accopmlished to make your job eaier.

Cons

at times there are things that get in the way from accomplishing a task which makes it more difficult to accomplish, along with; at times, dissatisfied customers. if workng a closing shift you may not be informed of all the daily imformation that is discussed during the morning huddles.

Advice to Management

when looking out for a monthly shop be sure to inform EVERY employee of the monthly senerios, both night crew and morning crew.

6. "I enjoy the people I work with and am very happy with how our store is run"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant in Apple Valley, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant in Apple Valley, MN

Pros

-Coworkers
    -Managers who respect me
    -Satisfied helping customers get registered
    -Great customers
    -Good quality products so I feel like I am helping people and not tricking them when they leave
    -Monthly employee incentive prices at base (though not usually anything you want when it is available)

Cons

-Super out dated computer system
    -Want you to get a lot of Sale Orders and number of items on bridal registries yet no incentive to do so
    -Pushing items at the register
    -Lots of duties (sales, stocking, ringing, bridal consulting,merchandising)
    -Working on unusual holidays like Easter and 4th of July when stores like Target are closed
    -No such thing as holiday pay

Advice to Management

Be more visible regarding advancement opportunities and be sure to recognize good performance. Also it would be nice to get something for doing well in sale orders (bonus or commission perhaps). 20% discount sounds nice until you realize almost every customer uses a 20% off coupon, a 25% discount would be a nice gesture. Still I enjoy working there.

"BB&B"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great customer service. Never say no

Cons

Hard to get full time with benefits.

Advice to Management

Take care of those who take care of you.

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training was great
    Co-Workers love their job
    Customers are usually very nice
    Plenty of opportunities for the future

Cons

At this point in my employment I don't know if any cons

"Fast Paced, Customer Oriented, Room for Career Growth"

Former Employee - Supervisor of Customer Service & Gift Registry in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Supervisor of Customer Service & Gift Registry in Orem, UT

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You always have something to do, you're constantly meeting new people, at your yearly or bi-annual employee review they ask you what your goals are: if you relate them to improving yourself as a professional in the store or advancing your career with the company they attempt to give you the experiences needed to achieve it.

Cons

You always have something to do, you're constantly meeting new people.

Advice to Management

Give better pay raises. Most hourly employees don't know how to negotiate effectively. If you take better care of them, they'll continue to take better care of you.

"Very nice"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Madison, WI

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, great training, Love the discount, and like that i am able to become very knowledgeable about the products so if someone asks i can give them appropriate information.

Cons

Isn't a specific set wage, so it's confusing wondering if hmm are people who work not as hard as me getting paid more. Knowing more information like having a specific choice every other weekend, and knowing more of when i will be scheduled before it comes out.

Advice to Management

Specific starting wage, with opportunity to advance with how job performance is.

11. "Good Training, positive Environment"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Management usually willing to allow competent employees more responsibility
    -Flexible Hours
    -Transfer between stores easy and possible
    -Good training system
    -Enough departments and jobs that people are generally moved to where there strengths might lay

Cons

-Very little opportunity for upward movement or promotion
    -ONLY managers work full-time, virtually no one is hired as more than part-time now, meaning that no one is eligible for benefits/health insurance

Showing 2,235 of 2,253 reviews