Beiersdorf (US) Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2019

3.5
Beiersdorf (US) CEO Alvaro Alonso
Alvaro Alonso

"Great Company and Brands!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

I have been working at Beiersdorf (US) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong work/life balance: great PTO policy, ability to work from home, flexible work schedules, and best in market benefits package Company culture: Great organization with meaningful impact and visionary goals that everyone is aligned on

Cons

Too lean at times. Not too many opportunities for growth unless you work in Marketing or Sales.

Advice to Management

I think you should provide more and better training for employees to help bring them up to speed faster. Training around the brands and other functions.

Beiersdorf (US)2015-10-01

"Marketing Research Consultant"

I worked at Beiersdorf (US)

Pros

I recently completed a consulting assignment in marketing research at Beiersdorf, NA in Wilton, CT. I really enjoyed the experience. The Beiersdorf colleagues are very professional, friendly and pro-active about their business. It was a very positive experience. I felt like my work was really appreciated, and that I was able to make a difference and be a part of the team. The products are excellent, too!

Cons

Beiersdorf is a European led company, and I can see where that could be a challenge at times in North America when U.S. needs are different from global strategy. That said, I believe the U.S. team does a good job representing the U.S. consumer and working well with Global in these situations.

Beiersdorf (US)2015-07-28
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Passion for employees, consumers, and community!"

I have been working at Beiersdorf (US) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hard to select the top pro - but the PEOPLE are top notch! The best choice for personal care professionals in Metro NY area. A unique experience - very entrepreneurial, loads of ownership opportunity, high transparency, inspirational leadership. Outstanding, iconic brands and global support from BDF AG (Hamburg). Competitive compensation and attractive variable pay (bonus) program.

Cons

Not necessarily a 'con' but very fast-paced, constant change (but that's consistent with FMCG). Under-achievers will be left behind.

Advice to Management

Please continue to listen to your most important resources - your people. Do respond to constructive feedback thoughtfully - it makes us a better Beiersdorf. Motivating leadership in our General Manager and in Marketing/Sales.

Beiersdorf (US)2015-05-06

"overall nice company to work for"

I worked at Beiersdorf (US)

Pros

the staff was friendly and courteous

Cons

Your advancement within the company depends on your immediate boss. Their recommendation can help you to get the promotion/increase and if they don't recommend you - for whatever reason - you will not get it. HR does not intervene.

Advice to Management

Give employees more flexibility to move into another position/department without the blessing of their immediate boss. They might perform better in a new environment.

Beiersdorf (US)2015-04-15
  6. "Enjoyable, well paid internship program for college students"

Marketing Intern in Wilton, CT

I worked at Beiersdorf (US)

Pros

Each intern is hired to work on a specific project or department initiative. There is a defined scope that ends with the internship. Usually includes a presentation about your work. Friendly colleagues in a corporate office

Cons

There are a few interns in the office, but not a robust program. There's no group orientation or a sense of community among new hires

Advice to Management

Set clear expectations that internships can lead to full jobs ; help interns see the "big picture" of how their work fits into the department's goals

Beiersdorf (US)2015-03-26

"Used to be a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

I have been working at Beiersdorf (US) full-time

Pros

Great brands, Mostly great people.

Cons

Cost-cutting, Less exposure to HQ in Germany

Advice to Management

Understand your employees strengths and place them in positions that capitalize on these strengths

Beiersdorf (US)2013-10-14

Beiersdorf (US) Response

July 14, 2015Sr. Manager, Human Resources

At this time, when the reviewer provided his/her review - there were several management changes ongoing - including a president leaving. We are confident that the constructive feedback has been greatly improved upon with our management and people practices, as well as new leadership in Human Resources.

"Great experience, horrible company"

Current Employee - Analyst in Wilton, CT

I have been working at Beiersdorf (US) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small company and can get involved in different projects. Great products.

Cons

Leadership team has hidden motives and doesn't communicate goals effectively. I am still waiting on my goals and objectives for this year and it is 3 quarters over. Pay is horrible, no recognition, they value their expats more than home grown talent. Company culture is not fun anymore, very stressed environment.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees. Listen to feedback, explain goals clearer, and bring some fun back to the workplace!

Beiersdorf (US)2013-09-14

Beiersdorf (US) Response

July 14, 2015Sr. Manager, Human Resources

We are confident that the constructive feedback has been greatly improved upon with our newer management and people practices, as well as new leadership in Human Resources. We also live by our core values of Care, Courage, Simplicity and Trust.

9. "Great company"

I have been working at Beiersdorf (US) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, awesome brands, and open to new ways of thinking.

Cons

Opportunity to create more efficient processes/infrastructure.

Beiersdorf (US)2015-12-03