Belami Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Mihran Berejikian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place To Start a Career... Negative Comments seem like Sour Grapes"

I have been working at Belami full-time

Pros

I haven't experienced anything like what some people have said- but I have seen people who don't fit in because this company doesn't settle. They want to find people who want to be here and so I guess that leads to sour grapes for some.
    Here is what I've seen

-Managers will take the time to develop you if you are invested in yourself
    -Pay for Sales Associates in particular is good for the goals they have
    -Flexible OT policy. Really no limit.
    -People are cool
    -Not just a job. You cannot just "punch a clock" here and I like that

Cons

-Wish we didn't have to work weekends
    -Have to work around most holidays, and on many holidays
    -Feels like you have to grind through your whole shift. (I make sure to take my breaks)

Advice to Management

Try not to let bad months impact morale. Its obvious when things are not going well because all the managers look stressed out and that trickles down. Or at least it seems that way. Even though some of them try hard to hide it

Oct 27, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for your review! At Belami, the opportunities for growth really are endless if you are willing to work hard, and we are so glad you have recognized that. We definitely encourage you... More

2. "Worth the investment"

Current Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Belami full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities for driven individuals is endless. You get out of this job what you put in. If you're willing to invest your time in learning more, you can do anything within the company. And the company will support you along the way.

Cons

Expectations are high within the company, many departments are goal driven and fast paced. It's not an environment that everyone will fit into or feel comfortable in.

Advice to Management

Continue with the internal training programs and forums. Continue with the quarterly activities. Consider improving visibility on open opportunities within the company - job listing board on Confluence and what the requirements are for those roles so employees know and can work towards movement if desired.

Oct 27, 2017 – President

We really appreciate your feedback and are so honored that you have made the investment in your personal and professional growth these last 10+ years with Belami. That type of growth and tenure is... More

"This place isn't a pot of gold, it's a pile of ****"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Belami full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay and benefits, including lots of freebies and work perks. Cool company events.

Cons

Everyone is a hypocrite and they gossip a lot. Most of the women I work with have really disgusting personalities. Managers are hypocrites and are unethical, which is the complete opposite of their core values. The only people who really keep to themselves are the men...

Advice to Management

Have better training and stop bad mouthing your customers. It's negative and makes coming to work depressing and MISERABLE!!!!
    If it wasn't for my family, I wouldn't be here.

Oct 27, 2017 – President

Thank you for taking the time to review our company on Glassdoor. While we are thrilled that you find our pay, benefits, company events and other work perks are a plus, we are extremely concerned... More

4. "Mentally Challenging"

Current Employee - Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Belami full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work environment- Tshirts and shorts!
    Lots of opportunity for those that are willing to work hard, but expectations are pretty high.

Cons

Definitely not a 9 to 5 type place. Sometimes have to work weekends and after hours.
    Change is constant here. Many projects going at at the same time.

"Good environment, lack of training."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Belami full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here are pretty great. Very casual work environment. Involved upper management.

Cons

You're expected to self teach- very little formal product training. Long work hours and weekends, pay could be better.

Advice to Management

Please don't expect your employees to know everything that you don't teach them, then get frustrated when they don't know what you're talking about. Work on constructive criticism.

6. "Marketing Analyst"

I worked at Belami full-time

Pros

Flexible hours
    Great place to start your career

Cons

-Uninspiring coworkers
    -Not a lot of collaboration in the company

7. "Freedom and Vision"

Current Employee - IT Department
    Current Employee - IT Department

I have been working at Belami full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my humble opinion, those two words best describe Belami. Foremost, I am afforded the freedom to manage my workload, pursue and contribute ideas, and help the company. Supplement to that Vision is a critical attribute for any business to have. Without it, a company can wither and fold. I've had the misfortune of working at prior companies with no vision and watch them collapse. The sense I have is that the owners have a great view of Belami's past, its present and the future.

At a personal level, I think the world of everyone at Belami. Everyone has their strengths and quirks but together we do amazing things together. The department I work in thrives by a competent, passionate leader who wants to interact with other departments, help our team grow, and embrace new technologies. As far as I can see, I have not seen department silos. When we need to come together as a company to tackle challenges, this is when Belami interacts and shines.

At Belami there's a nice work-life balance. My manager is always flexible with my personal needs and in return I give my best. Thanks for employing me Belami!

Cons

Being able to be flexible and adaptable to the fast moving world of eCommerce is one of the key things Belami has been able to do quite well. In saying that the pace at which things move and changes implemented may be perceived as a downside. The workload at times can be overwhelming, but I don't personally consider this to be a con of the company but more a cultural aspect of it.

The only real con I see is the abundance of tribal knowledge. Information tends to be locked inside the minds of a relatively few and while sharing is not a problem, the pace of business makes documenting this experience the last action item.

Advice to Management

Encourage sharing tribal knowledge on Confluence for the benefit of new hires and other departments.

Dec 28, 2016 – President

We cannot thank you enough for writing such a heartfelt review of our company! We are thrilled that you have found a home here, and that you feel challenged, fulfilled and supported. We appreciate... More

"Nice but not for me"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

I have been working at Belami full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, work/life balance is nice, benefits

Cons

Not enough work
    Underwhelmed
    Not paid enough

Nov 1, 2016 – President

Thank you so much for your review. While we are glad to hear that you enjoy the atmosphere and benefits Belami, Inc. provides, we are disappointed that overall you do not seem satisfied with your... More

9. "Very good place to learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Belami full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Much opportunity to learn new things and advance quickly. Ability to rotate into different roles.
    I came in the Sa/es/Ops area and was given the opportunity to move into marketing and learn how to do online marketing. My manager is very helpful and has taught me a lot. Company has fun social events and people are good.

Cons

Work can be stressful at times. A lot of work to get done in general. Bonus is paid every quarter which is good, but managing cashflow for that is hard.

Advice to Management

Additional formalized training might be good. Continue the quarterly social events. Current break area is just okay, would be nice if we had a nicer and bigger space to eat lunch.

Nov 1, 2016 – President

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that your hard work has sparked the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Personal and professional growth like this is at the core of... More

"It's a special type of environment"

Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Belami full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual wear, and professional flexibility. Quarterly meetings are pretty fun and educational. Department BBQs are nice as well. Fun environment.

Cons

Favoritism on epic levels, no actual SOP for ANY department, interoffice relationships, low level discriminatory practices, actually train people correctly in all departments

Advice to Management

Be consistent with everyone not just the employees you like.
    Policy to stop interoffice romantic relationships as it's distracting and potentially cause a hostile environment
    Build an actual Standard Operating Procedures manual for more accurate training for all departments.

Oct 24, 2016 – President

We would first like to thank you for taking the time to provide your input. We take all reviews very seriously, and we appreciate your honesty.

As quickly as things change in our industry, it can... More