Cover image for Belcan

3.6
Belcan CEO Lance H. Kwasniewski
Lance H. Kwasniewski

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Belcan and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Keeps you thinking

Nov 3, 2022 - Mechanical Design Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very interesting products Nice people Fascinating day-to-day work

Cons

Personally, I always think companies should be working on improving their 401K plans

2. 4.0

Good Mid-Level Management

Nov 23, 2022 - Mechanical Engineer in Windsor, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

My supervisor and area director were very supportive and accommodating

Cons

Can feel detached from the company (working remotely) depending on what customer you’re working with.

3. Join the Belcan team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

Its alright

Sep 7, 2022 - Mechanical Design Engineer in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great starting point, great atmosphere, you WILL learn a lot here.

Cons

Benefits are bad, pay is low, and no employee appreciation.

5. 1.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

The worst contract house I ever worked for

Sep 5, 2022 - Mechanical Design Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing. Literally I can't say any good words about this company

Cons

Not sure what to start with even. We had so many problems with this company. They are not honest (which is extremely unusual here) with your money, information they give you and in personal relationships, don't care about workers (treat you like a s...), sometimes act against you and make your work as complicated as it possible. I worked 2 years for this company. On my first day they forgot to send me the reporting instruction (where to go, whom to call). It was the first bad sign. But that's ok, not a big deal, I solved this problem. Not honest promises. I was shocked when on my first day they told us that contract will be only 3 month, and then they will run evaluation and probably will continue working with some of us for the next three month. And to do that we have to report them each day what we've done today. When I signed my contract in California they didn't tell that. And in reality we had to write a letter or fill the Excel table each day with information for our contract house. When I asked "why we have to do that, that's not your business and this is not what you promised" they said thats how we're doing our business if you don't like it you can leave. Also they have the most complicated and lagging time keeping system I ever seen. It never worked as it should. Sometimes it didn't work at all. Then money. I had to check each paycheck by myself because they did so many mistakes. But always in their favor. At one moment they even tried to cut our salary. We received an email where they said "time is hard, we're trying to protect our business, so starting next month you will start getting 15 present less money". We told them it doesn't work with pre negotiated contracts. We're contractors and don't mind your business. Just give us our money. Reply was the same. If you don't like it, you can leave. Our main employer (in this case it was Amazon) solved this problem. They always stayed on our side and tried to protect us from our own contract house. By the way, when most of my colleagues left they closed contract with belcan (because of so many problems) and moved us to another contract house.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Jul 15, 2022 - Mechanical Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Belcan has a great working environment

Cons

None - Great place to work

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great launch for pursuing a career in aviation

Jul 2, 2022 - Mechanical Engineer II
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place if you’re a self starter and self motivated. Huge opportunity to meet a diverse range of professionals ranging from manufacturers, engineers, program managers, suppliers, and customers Mon - Fri 8hrs/day, don’t demand crazy hours

Cons

Job security is mainly based on available projects/contracts Contracting position Can be a stale environment Older work base but very knowledgeable and friendly

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good work life balance but the work can be rough

Jun 4, 2022 - Mechanical Design Engineer in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a strong opportunity to work from home and the employees are wonderful. Most are willing to help you learn and everyone is friendly. Some of the contracts that come through to work are pretty engaging but that isn't the primary work you'll be doing at Belcan.

Cons

A lot of electronic paperwork that gets repetitive and can initially be confusing without help. The pay is strictly entry-level and the benefits are sub par.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good start but long term is case-by-case

May 9, 2022 - Mechanical Project Engineer in Windsor, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The community of coworkers across the office & disciplines is nice, along with working directly with P&W down the road. On site P&W visits vary by department. If you want to get some insight in engine maintenance then the aftermarket services is a good start. Also helps being able to dive into and absorb new information. A lot of good info just past the surface details.

Cons

Staying here for a couple of years will make things feel a bit stagnant if you don't explore options internally. The monotony will get to you. On site P&W training has not been a thing since Covid. This training adds a lot to your work if it involves direct association with an engine. Post-covid workplace has an uneven feel about it. Remote working is still possible, however there's been an ever pushed back cutoff date from P&W that makes things unnerving. Especially since Covid has proven that remote work is efficient. Working in the office remains an option, but be aware that getting remote work set up takes time.

10. 4.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Great place to get your career started

Mar 7, 2022 - Mechanical Engineer in Rockford, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Belcan is a contractor agency. You work directly with customers to complete engineering and drafting work. Belcan gives you lots of opportunities to succeed, grow, and gain skills to springboard your career.

Cons

Working contract to contract can be stressful

11. 4.0

Work Life

Jan 28, 2022 - Mechanical Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really flexible company that works with you when needed

Cons

Work can be slow sometimes and the office is a wreck if you try to work from it.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Reviews
</>Embed

Belcan Reviews FAQs

Mechanical Engineer professionals working at Belcan have rated their employer with 3.6 out of 5 stars in 66 Glassdoor reviews. This is a lower than average score with the overall rating of Belcan employees being 3.8 out of 5 stars. Search open Mechanical Engineer Jobs at Belcan now and start preparing for your job interview by browsing frequently asked Mechanical Engineer interview questions at Belcan.

Mechanical Engineer professionals rate their compensation and benefits at Belcan with 3 out of 5 stars based on 66 anonymously submitted employee reviews. This is 9.5% worse than the company average rating for salary and benefits. Find out more about Mechanical Engineer salaries and benefits at Belcan.

66% of Mechanical Engineer employees at Belcan would recommend their employer to a friend. This rating has increased by 34% in the past 12 months. Mechanical Engineer professionals have also rated Belcan with a 4.2 rating for work-life-balance, 3.9 rating for diversity and inclusion, 3.8 rating for culture and values and 3.6 rating for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Belcan Job Seekers