Belcan Software Engineer Reviews
50% would recommend to a friend
(47 total reviews)
Lance H. Kwasniewski
87% approve of CEO
Found 47 of over 1K reviews
Updated Sep 12, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Belcan
HR Job Postings
7 months ago
VP of HR
Go go go! - lululemon, Senior Manager, Business Partner: https://lnkd.in/eRVHsVTt - Meridian Partners, HR Manager: https://lnkd.in/e2xnbmg2 - Ontra, Senior People Partner: https://lnkd.in/euz_s65U - eXp Realty, Global People Manager: https://lnkd.in/e_CEX95H - Cepheid, Total Rewards Leader: https://lnkd.in/efzEfwXr - Electric, People Operations Generalist: https://lnkd.in/eCwSGj52 - UiPath, HRBP Generalist: https://lnkd.in/eYeWSBWW - Ensemble Health Partners: Assistant VP, Talent Acquisition: https://lnkd.in/e-dMTspd - Paxos, Head of People Operations (Easy Apply): https://lnkd.in/e572-4-z - Belcan, Recruiter: https://lnkd.in/eebqDZNX
Got a burning question about Belcan? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Belcan employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Belcan and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Feb 15, 2023Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsChicago, IL
You’ll rarely come across an opportunity in this field where you’ll have the authority to make most decisions without management scrutinizing your every move. Belcan is the place where you can do just that. In addition, you’ll have the ability to set a schedule that works for you, and even to work remotely at times.
While you’re sure to grow in terms of skill development, you’re unlikely to actually advance. That was my personal experience, anyway.
- 2.0Jul 31, 2023Software Controls EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsWest Palm Beach, FL
- Flexible hours. You can work beyond normal 9-5 business hours if needed, can work weekends if needed, and there are full remote and hybrid opportunities. This makes it great for pursuing a higher education or starting a family. - Job security. When work slows down for one customer, you can be transferred to another customer that has more work. This is very good for those starting out their careers because they can reliably gain the 1-2 years of experience needed to potentially move on. This is also very good for those starting a family when they need reliable and consistent income. - Big name customers. You get the opportunity of working for big name companies like Pratt and Whitney, among others. This can look great on a resume for those starting out their careers.
- Low pay. Small raises, as low as 2.5% some years despite high inflation. Leadership roles also do not get significant pay increases or official promotions, just more responsibilities. - Small potential for growth. Most of the work at the company is categorized as low tech so many skills learned do not transfer well. You will also plateau very quickly in most roles. Overall, this makes staying at Belcan in the long term a bad career move, with compounding negatives the longer you stay.2
- 3.0Aug 14, 2023Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearFayetteville, NC
Working as a contractor for Belcan, the team environment was great.
Expensive benefits, and not fully vested in 401k
- 2.0Sep 12, 2023Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearWindsor, CT
Entry-Level Opportunities, Range of Experienced Employees, Broad Number of Industries to work in, Potential for Career Advancement
Management Inflexibility, Low Pay, Communication Issues, Misleading Job Titles/Descriptions
- 2.0Jan 19, 2022Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 year
As a contractor, Belcan was one of the few that offered group medical benefits. Which was a $12,000 / year value to my family.
Pay is below average. I was working about $20/hr less than my previous contracts. You get the boring work the customer doesn't want to do. You won't get good engineering experience. Some projects had insane expectations. Like using 70's software tools on modern projects (F-15).3
- 3.0Mar 6, 2022Software Engineer-1Current Employee, more than 5 yearsWest Palm Beach, FL
high flexibility, generally chill coworkers
lack of upwards mobility, low pay for the industry, inattentive upper management
Belcan Reviews FAQs
Software Engineer professionals working at Belcan have rated their employer with 3 out of 5 stars in 47 Glassdoor reviews. This is a lower than average score with the overall rating of Belcan employees being 3.9 out of 5 stars. Search open Software Engineer Jobs at Belcan now and start preparing for your job interview by browsing frequently asked Software Engineer interview questions at Belcan.
Software Engineer professionals rate their compensation and benefits at Belcan with 3 out of 5 stars based on 47 anonymously submitted employee reviews. This is 18.2% worse than the company average rating for salary and benefits. Find out more about Software Engineer salaries and benefits at Belcan.
50% of Software Engineer employees at Belcan would recommend their employer to a friend. This rating has decreased by -41% in the past 12 months. Software Engineer professionals have also rated Belcan with a 4.1 rating for work-life-balance, 3.7 rating for diversity and inclusion, 3.5 rating for culture and values and 3.1 rating for career opportunities.