Belcan Employee Reviews about "low pay"
83% would recommend to a friend
(199 total reviews)
Lance H. Kwasniewski
89% approve of CEO
Found 199 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Belcan
HR Job Postings
8 months ago
VP of HR
Go go go! - lululemon, Senior Manager, Business Partner: https://lnkd.in/eRVHsVTt - Meridian Partners, HR Manager: https://lnkd.in/e2xnbmg2 - Ontra, Senior People Partner: https://lnkd.in/euz_s65U - eXp Realty, Global People Manager: https://lnkd.in/e_CEX95H - Cepheid, Total Rewards Leader: https://lnkd.in/efzEfwXr - Electric, People Operations Generalist: https://lnkd.in/eCwSGj52 - UiPath, HRBP Generalist: https://lnkd.in/eYeWSBWW - Ensemble Health Partners: Assistant VP, Talent Acquisition: https://lnkd.in/e-dMTspd - Paxos, Head of People Operations (Easy Apply): https://lnkd.in/e572-4-z - Belcan, Recruiter: https://lnkd.in/eebqDZNX
Got a burning question about Belcan? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Belcan employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "All the people there are great to work with and have positive attitudes for the most part." (in 64 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and overtime pay" (in 51 reviews)
- "Relaxed Work Environment" (in 32 reviews)
- "Work/Life balance is good because you don't have to put up with the Customer Politics" (in 29 reviews)
- "Flexible work schedule (variable arrival time and working from home occasionally)" (in 29 reviews)
- "Pay is very low for amount of time and detail goes into work as a technician." (in 83 reviews)
- "Little to no guidance and no benefits" (in 75 reviews)
- "existent; management is inexperienced." (in 41 reviews)
- "Low salary compared to other companies" (in 29 reviews)
- "So there is no job security whatsoever." (in 19 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Belcan and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "low pay"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Aug 28, 2021Process EngineerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsSaint Louis, MO
They handled the necessary HSE paperwork and logistics required at some large employers
They did very little to advocate for the personnel that they placed at companies. They didn't fight against sudden furloughs and significant pay cuts last year during covid. They didn't fight for any raises once the job market and industry recovered this year. They seemed very ineffectual and didn't seem to do much to earn their cut of my salary.1
- 1.0Dec 5, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearWashington, DC
It's a company, I suppose.
Belcan aquired Kemtah, Intercom, and Schafer. Now it's a race to the bottom to see how quickly they can slash benefits and pay.4
- 3.0Sep 22, 2021Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsScottsdale, AZ
Veteran friendly environment brings a familiarity to the work atmosphere.
Pay is very low for amount of time and detail goes into work as a technician.
- 2.0Mar 3, 2018Validation Test EngineerCurrent EmployeePalm Beach Gardens, FL
Working with your customer and getting real experience in the industry. Flex hours that, even though your managers don't understand what that is.
Lazy unexperienced management. HR that only protects the company, fails to assist the employees. This is the kind of place where the manager is often a parent of another employee... Low pay in an expensive area.1
- 4.0Sep 18, 2017EngineerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsCincinnati, OH
Great flex hours, diverse projects if desired, paid overtime, relaxed atmosphere
Pay raises are either small or non-existent no matter the quality of work by the individual, too reliant on one customer for work (GE)1
- 3.0Sep 18, 2018Technical RecruiterCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
You aren't micromanaged at all so you can do things your own way.
The pay is low and some of the managers are out of touch with employees2
- 3.0Mar 8, 2022EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsWest Palm Beach, FL
Great company to work for out of college, good benefits, and unless you literally don't do any work its hard to get fired.
Pay is not competitive at all and raises are very small.
- 1.0Jan 19, 2021Greenhouse TechnicianFormer Contractor, less than 1 year
None that I can think of
Bad communication about time reporting, holidays, and contract renewals. They do not offer ACA-compliant healthcare. They will try to pay you the absolute minimum and raises are not an option. Explore your options before signing a contract as big corporations will work with multiple contracting agencies, and there are ones that offer better benefits.
- 3.0Feb 15, 2021EngineerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsGlasgow, Scotland
Some really talented engineers working at the company with decades of knowledge and experience. Good office culture and flexible working was brilliant. Engineering managers really switched on but limited.
Poor pay, company also muck about with bonus pay dates to suit them and in effect reduce pay. Upper management, specifically HR are terrible - they make all decisions regarding salaries and bonuses despite never having ever met any employees as they are based in another office. Engineering management have their hands tied and keep losing really talented valuable engineers because HR and senior management wont pay engineers what they're worth - ultimately costing the company work in the long run. Zero money put towards employee development or training and company clearly have no desire to invest in their staff. Statutory minimum for nearly everything including pension, holidays and general T&Cs. Handelled the covid pandemic appallingly in the initial stages. Staff encouraged to work despite working being non essential.1