Beldon Group of Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A nightmare"

Former Employee - Office Administrator
    Former Employee - Office Administrator

I worked at Beldon Group of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pro’s they are a scam company, they are a bunch of male chauvinist pigs and woman are just things to them. They are not fair to their saleswomen, they don’t get enough leads and they will send them to hell and back for a little job that the men won’t even consider.

Cons

You are just there to take a beating from dissatisfied customers. GM is only taking up space, sits on his phone all day. No concern over customers, just sales. They don’t pay enough to the hard workers and yet pay big bucks to those who will kiss his butt.

Advice to Management

If you want quality people working in your offices, pay them well to take the abuse. Have some shame and humility when a customer is not happy. Do something right for them instead of “gift cards” or “letting a service call be free, when it should have been free to start off. Your customers deserve better and they spent a ton of money for your technicians to give them the respect they earned by buying your product.

Nov 20, 2017 – CEO

We are sorry that you left so unhappy. As you know, we have 68 TEAM Members who have provided over 20 years of service; thus, not sure why they would stay if your comments were accurate. I'm more... More

"Low Pay, Favoritism, No opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

The Owners & President of the company are good people.

Cons

TOO many chiefs. TOO many changes, constant restructure. Employees moved to new positions, more duties, NO raise or compensation. No one knows what is going on within the company. Favoritism & Drama

Advice to Management

1 long term employee that is in the middle of all issues, events and company matters feels that SHE runs the company, when in fact she is hurting the company, it's time for a clean out

Aug 8, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you feel this way. We are trying to accommodate our customers demands from the most expensive hail storm in US History. This has created a great deal of... More

"Be careful."

Former Employee - Sales in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Sales in Tigard, OR

I worked at Beldon Group of Companies (More than a year)

Pros

Looked like a good opportunity.

Cons

They don't deliver on their promises and you will be left to die in order to support a chosen few. Better to look elsewhere. It was very frustrating being left to die without any support.

Advice to Management

Work to develop all those you hire instead of favoring the top few at everyone elses expense. Working there is like gambling at a casino. The house always wins.

May 13, 2016 – CEO

We have 59 TEAM Members who have provided over 20 years of service to the BELDON Group of Companies. In a small family business, that's extremely rare. We are sorry that you didn't feel as though you... More

4. "Worst work environment I have ever experience"

Former Employee - Product Promotions Manager/Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Product Promotions Manager/Marketing Manager

I worked at Beldon Group of Companies full-time

Pros

Excellent product and great company to be associated with.

Cons

Staff above me has not professionalism. The marketing Manager position has a revolving door in Chicago branch.

Advice to Management

GM's in all markets don't know what marketing really takes. Have them report to National Marketing department rather than GM. Also have a weekly Marketing call.

May 13, 2016 – CEO

I'm sorry that you didn't feel like you were part of the TEAM. We work really hard at making each location feel like they are part of the family. Thank you for giving us a shot. Brad Beldon... More

"Great Place to Work ... NOT"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Burr Ridge, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Burr Ridge, IL

Pros

Commission used to be decent, Leads used to be plentiful. Winter off. Old manager was nice and profitable. but they have no idea that they are responsible for shrinking their own marketplace.

Cons

Costco, Costco, Costco, Costco ... Sinking ship with no real captain. Revolving door sales organization with no employee loyalty, looks for useless witch hunts that perpetuate a downward spiral. Promotes clueless people to positions they have right to occupy.

Advice to Management

Try actually inspiring employees with real world, in the trenches, guts. Sales leadership has no idea what it's actually like to sell in someone's house. Stop encouraging Liars.

May 13, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback; however, our product is not available in Costco locations.