Beldon Group of Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Beldon Group of Companies Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2019

3.7
Beldon Group of Companies CEO Mr. Bradford D. Beldon (no image)
Mr. Bradford D. Beldon
  1. "Great Company to Work For!"

Former Employee - Call Center in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Beldon Group of Companies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Positive atmosphere to work in. CEO will always stops by to say hello. Company always promotes safety in the workplace and in field. Very involved in the community.

Cons

I don't have any negative feedback for the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive and fun work environment

Beldon Group of Companies2019-07-24

"Lots of lies"

Former Employee - Canvasser in Beltsville, MD

I worked at Beldon Group of Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recall there being some flexibility with hours and the pay was decent.

Cons

Was promised lots of career opportunities. Almost everything said to me while I was there was a complete lie, right down to my manager telling me after a little while that he was actually a co-owner and that he was "testing" me by telling me this lie. I don't know if that's true or not, and I've never been able to find a single record of him online, so that's incredibly fishy. Regardless, he was a terrible manager... who lied directly to my face about what the job entailed and what to expect, because he claimed we would work in groups but never hired anyone else. Acted very entitled, as if training me was a waste of time and beneath him. I've debated writing this for a while, but not being able to find him has me a bit concerned. I guess it's another lie. Whether this company is ethical now, I don't know, but I am starting to want some answers.

Advice to Management

Honesty is the best policy. Never lie to your employees. That's unethical.

Beldon Group of Companies2019-05-15
  3. "Top of the line roofing company"

Current Employee - Project Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Beldon Group of Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great CEO and upper management team, fast paced environment, excellent field and office work balance.

Cons

There are no cons to working with this company.

Beldon Group of Companies2019-04-15
  4. "Great group of people to work with"

Former Employee - National Operations Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Beldon Group of Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Goal oriented organization that always puts the customer first.

Cons

Now only operating out of Texas.

Beldon Group of Companies2019-02-22

"Everyone is expendable"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Beldon Group of Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay, Benefits and that is it.

Cons

Management, Schedule, Lack of Business, Unorganized, Insincere, corrupt.

Advice to Management

Favoritism needs to stop. Employees are people not cattle for slaughter. Bring in management who actually knows what they are doing. Brad Beldon pretends to care about his employees when in actually he could care less. I got let go because my mother passed away and I had to fly to another country to handle her affairs and my flight got canceled and I was delayed by 1 day. They fired me with no prior write-ups or... incidents. They will use ANY excuse to let you go when business slows down. The management is horrific. They are literally untrustworthy and beyond unprofessional.

Beldon Group of Companies2018-11-26

"Sinking Ship"

I have been working at Beldon Group of Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This was an amazing company to work for where you always felt like one of the family. You would feel like your opinion mattered and that corporate was truly looking out for you and your future. However on the branch division it still sort of feels like that even though their hands are tied.

Cons

I think that the new CEO is a poor replacement for his father. I think that he gives into his ego to much instead of focusing on what is best for his company. I think he let his ego get on the way of contract talks with Costco and that made a major loss in profits. I think that he again did not listen enough to his general managers who have a better idea of what is truly going on in the branches then what his... numbers and own ideas of how things are. I think he made his employees feel like they are just a number by making them feel untrustworthy by installing security cameras everywhere that he watches from his office. He even wanted and tried cameras in company vehicles and the only reason he did not continue is because it was too expensive. I remember years ago we used to get yearly surveys for the employees for suggestions and just to make sure that everyone was happy. Those are no longer even thought of. He took this from a great company to a sinking ship that just closed down all east coast branches and eliminated positions in all remaining branches. I think that his father made a great company and knew when he hired the right people and listened to them. He knew when to listen and to only step in when needed to. Unfortunately his son has not learned that lesson and it is a shame because he literally holds so many people’s future in his hands. I truly hope that he will look at what people wrote and ponder it. I did see that he has commented on other people’s reviews and has asked them to contact him. However maybe he should try to be more effective at getting opinions before people feel the need to write a negative review about him. That would make him a better leader and the company itself better.

Advice to Management

Please listen to what issues and ideas that your employees have. Remember that they were hired for a reason and that they have great ideas and a great amount of actual knowledge to share. Also on the branch level please make sure that everything is fair because I see a lot of double standards that go overlooked. I see some people constantly only work 1/2 days and get paid for full days who are not salary and that... same person will get on everyone else’s case for leaving without punching out. I think with all the cameras that were installed in the place that they would pay more attention to what is actually on going on. I think that if some people can get their shopping done, beauty appointments gone to and long lunches taken all while not punching out, then all employees should.

Beldon Group of Companies2018-05-03

"Keep looking"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Beldon Group of Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get $30 King Soopers gift card at Christmas time

Cons

Granddaddy founded the company. When Daddy ran it you couldn’t imagine a better place to work. Now the spoiled grandkids run it. Unless you enjoy selling only to have your commissions taken from you, I’d keep looking.

Beldon Group of Companies2018-04-06
  8. "Manger"

I worked at Beldon Group of Companies part-time

Pros

Pay every week is good

Cons

Not that many hours

Advice to Management

More hours

Beldon Group of Companies2018-02-12

"A nightmare"

Former Employee - Office Administrator

I worked at Beldon Group of Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pro’s they are a scam company, they are a bunch of male chauvinist pigs and woman are just things to them. They are not fair to their saleswomen, they don’t get enough leads and they will send them to hell and back for a little job that the men won’t even consider.

Cons

You are just there to take a beating from dissatisfied customers. GM is only taking up space, sits on his phone all day. No concern over customers, just sales. They don’t pay enough to the hard workers and yet pay big bucks to those who will kiss his butt.

Advice to Management

If you want quality people working in your offices, pay them well to take the abuse. Have some shame and humility when a customer is not happy. Do something right for them instead of “gift cards” or “letting a service call be free, when it should have been free to start off. Your customers deserve better and they spent a ton of money for your technicians to give them the respect they earned by buying your product.

Beldon Group of Companies2017-11-11

"Great Company To Work For"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Beldon Group of Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, Tools, Resources, Family Atmosphere

Cons

Build Out Times, Training could be improved.

Advice to Management

None that would be of immense value. Solid company.

Beldon Group of Companies2017-10-27