Beldon Group of Companies "great company" Reviews | Glassdoor

Beldon Group of Companies Employee Reviews about "great company"

Updated 24 Jul 2019

Found 55 reviews

3.7
Beldon Group of Companies CEO Mr. Bradford D. Beldon (no image)
Mr. Bradford D. Beldon
Pros
  • "I think Beldon is a great company(in 4 reviews)

• "good pay, the staff is awesome, we get good benefits, manager are open to new ideas to better the company, overall Leafguard is a great place to work(in 3 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "great company"

Return to all Reviews

"Sinking Ship"

I have been working at Beldon Group of Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This was an amazing company to work for where you always felt like one of the family. You would feel like your opinion mattered and that corporate was truly looking out for you and your future. However on the branch division it still sort of feels like that even though their hands are tied.

Cons

I think that the new CEO is a poor replacement for his father. I think that he gives into his ego to much instead of focusing on what is best for his company. I think he let his ego get on the way of contract talks with Costco and that made a major loss in profits. I think that he again did not listen enough to his general managers who have a better idea of what is truly going on in the branches then what his... numbers and own ideas of how things are. I think he made his employees feel like they are just a number by making them feel untrustworthy by installing security cameras everywhere that he watches from his office. He even wanted and tried cameras in company vehicles and the only reason he did not continue is because it was too expensive. I remember years ago we used to get yearly surveys for the employees for suggestions and just to make sure that everyone was happy. Those are no longer even thought of. He took this from a great company to a sinking ship that just closed down all east coast branches and eliminated positions in all remaining branches. I think that his father made a great company and knew when he hired the right people and listened to them. He knew when to listen and to only step in when needed to. Unfortunately his son has not learned that lesson and it is a shame because he literally holds so many people’s future in his hands. I truly hope that he will look at what people wrote and ponder it. I did see that he has commented on other people’s reviews and has asked them to contact him. However maybe he should try to be more effective at getting opinions before people feel the need to write a negative review about him. That would make him a better leader and the company itself better.

Advice to Management

Please listen to what issues and ideas that your employees have. Remember that they were hired for a reason and that they have great ideas and a great amount of actual knowledge to share. Also on the branch level please make sure that everything is fair because I see a lot of double standards that go overlooked. I see some people constantly only work 1/2 days and get paid for full days who are not salary and that... same person will get on everyone else’s case for leaving without punching out. I think with all the cameras that were installed in the place that they would pay more attention to what is actually on going on. I think that if some people can get their shopping done, beauty appointments gone to and long lunches taken all while not punching out, then all employees should.

Beldon Group of Companies2018-05-03

May 7, 2018CEO

Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry that you’re so unhappy at BELDON. I welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns as I do any other employee. If you're still an employee, I'm confident that you are aware that 68 TEAM Members have provided over 20 years of service at ...

2. "General Mgr."

General Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Beldon Group of Companies

Pros

Great company to work for and be a part of...Our customers are the heart of our business and we take care of them.

Cons

Not many..no company contribution on the 401K, but it is nice that one is available.

Advice to Management

Very good management group

Beldon Group of Companies2016-05-25

May 31, 2016CEO

Thank you for your feedback. Brad Beldon, CEO

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Beldon Group of Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

I think Beldon is a great company. They provide good pay and incentivize and reward their employees for a doing a good job. The branch I work in has no turnover and they promote from within. They provide free and affordable healthcare and a positive work environment. They see the value in their employees and how they need happy employees to remain successful.

Cons

I don't really see many cons. They are constantly talking about things that they want to change but they are slow to enact or the changes don't happen.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees. They are the eyes and eraser what is going on out there. They see the changes and needs of the customer that are occurring first hand.

Beldon Group of Companies2016-05-16

May 17, 2016CEO

4. "A great company to work for!!"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Beldon Group of Companies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked at Beldon Group of Companies for 15 years. It really is a great company to work for. The company is very safety conscience and take the safety of ALL their employees very seriously! I have a lot of respect for Mike and Brad Beldon.

Cons

Honestly the ONLY thing I can think of is maybe give Manager's 2 weeks of paid vacation instead of 1. I do have to express that we already have 1 week of paid vacation and 5 PTO days but, the PTO days cannot be used as vacation days. The company also gives us 4 extra days for the branch to use around other holidays.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and what ideas we bring to the table. All of us have the same goals and we want to continue to make Beldon Group of Companies a great place to work.

May 17, 2016CEO

5. "Family Run with Family Values"

Current Employee - Assistant General Counsel in Reston, VA

Pros

Beldon is run by the Beldon family which truly believes in family values for its employees and customers. Great place to work. The company is great for promoting within and has many opportunities for advancement.

Cons

I love my job! Great company to work for.

May 17, 2016CEO

6. "Awesome company !! Awesome Leadership !!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

This company exemplifies integrity, honesty, trust and commitment to excellence ! It all begins with our owners. They manage well and lead by example. They truly care about us. What can you expect when you work here? Honesty, Integrity, Responsible Leadership, Quality Products, Trust, Respect, Teamwork and Training, and so much more. Did I mention we have fun, unlimited snacks and beverages, company lunches,... 401(k), insurance, PTO, etc.?

Cons

It's not easy being part of a great company. You work hard everyday..sometimes long hours...but our work life and family life do balance.

May 17, 2016CEO

7. "Worst work environment I have ever experience"

Former Employee - Product Promotions Manager/Marketing Manager

I worked at Beldon Group of Companies full-time

Pros

Excellent product and great company to be associated with.

Cons

Staff above me has not professionalism. The marketing Manager position has a revolving door in Chicago branch.

Advice to Management

GM's in all markets don't know what marketing really takes. Have them report to National Marketing department rather than GM. Also have a weekly Marketing call.

Beldon Group of Companies2015-08-26

May 13, 2016CEO

I'm sorry that you didn't feel like you were part of the TEAM. We work really hard at making each location feel like they are part of the family. Thank you for giving us a shot. Brad Beldon - (210) 341-3100

Found 55 reviews